Boston University Class of 2020 [ANOTHER New Poll!] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Where are y'all living

Allston/Brighton like everyone else
52%
Back Bay because I got $$$
16%
Cambridge so I can pretend I go to Harvard
13%
Brookline (nothing snippy to write here, it's a pretty area)
13%
Some other suburb because I'm cool spending 90 mins each way commuting
6%

Total votes: 31

floatie

Silver

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Post by floatie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:16 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:Bit the bullet and am going to ASD next week! For those looking to fly still check southwest. It was cheaper than stuff on google flights.
Yay! That really sucks that there weren't waivers when you were accepted (seems kind of unfair, actually) but glad you get to be there!

I've never flown with SW before but don't they have a first come first serve thing with seats? If so, that would be stressful when you are travelling with someone but totally worth saving the money if you're alone.
Never flown SW either. Going solo though. I'll stand if I have to. Can't be worse than riding the L in Chicago.
Southwest to Boston isn't bad. Definitely beats Spirit (won't be making that mistake twice)...

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Headed to Boston tomorrow! Had a relaxing beginning of the week in NYC (somehow) and excited to show my gf the city.

Also, plug for Southwest here - they're actually the biggest carrier out of KC, but you get a budget without the hassle - no annoyances with free checked bags and included drinks/snack. And if you are traveling with people you can pay like 15 bucks to fix that and get on in the A group. Sorry, just my fav airline as a poor student. RT to Boston for like $240

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:24 am

Dodocogon wrote:Headed to Boston tomorrow! Had a relaxing beginning of the week in NYC (somehow) and excited to show my gf the city.

Also, plug for Southwest here - they're actually the biggest carrier out of KC, but you get a budget without the hassle - no annoyances with free checked bags and included drinks/snack. And if you are traveling with people you can pay like 15 bucks to fix that and get on in the A group. Sorry, just my fav airline as a poor student. RT to Boston for like $240
That's good to know about southwest! Never flown before because I was worried about the seating thing but if it's pretty cheap to. Uml up to group A than that is a deal.

How are the seats comfort/room wise?

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:27 am

So excited for tomorrow! I'm going to be commuting so it's a good chance for me to try out my planned travel route and see how much it sucks.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:43 am

Safe travels, everyone, and see y'all tomorrow!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 am

soooo...what did everyone think?

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:29 am

ashrice13 wrote:soooo...what did everyone think?
Really like the school, kinda reaffirmed that it is my first choice, all else equal with BC.

Proposed to my GF (now fiancé!!) this morning!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
Really like the school, kinda reaffirmed that it is my first choice, all else equal with BC.

What???? Congrats!! That's so awesome. Pretty good Boston trip haha

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Dodocogon wrote:

Yo, congrats!

I also liked the school. Unless Emory whips me off my feet in 2 weeks, this is where I'll be matriculating!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

ashrice13 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:

Yeah, was pretty great. Did it on a bridge on the Esplanade - rain held off for us too. Headed back home now (on Southwest)

Back on th school though, I also enjoyed all my conversations with admitted students/current students, which encouraged me a lot as well.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:44 am

Dodocogon wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:

Yeah, was pretty great. Did it on a bridge on the Esplanade - rain held off for us too. Headed back home now (on Southwest)

Back on th school though, I also enjoyed all my conversations with admitted students/current students, which encouraged me a lot as well.
I liked the panel with no faculty around. We got some more honest answers. Even when they were being honest/willing to say negative things they were still raving about the professors which spoke volumes to me.

It's hard to seperate reality from the perfect picture they want you to see but I think even the reality is really good. I was disappointed with the library but that was about it.

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Post by tuesdayninja » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:35 pm

How long did it take you guys to get your admit packets? I got my call on Monday but haven't received my admit packet. I was sure it'd be here by Saturday at least since i"m only in Illinois. I'm dying to know if I received scholly.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:09 am

tuesdayninja wrote:How long did it take you guys to get your admit packets? I got my call on Monday but haven't received my admit packet. I was sure it'd be here by Saturday at least since i"m only in Illinois. I'm dying to know if I received scholly.
I got mine about a week later.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:17 am

floatie wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:How long did it take you guys to get your admit packets? I got my call on Monday but haven't received my admit packet. I was sure it'd be here by Saturday at least since i"m only in Illinois. I'm dying to know if I received scholly.
I got mine about a week later.
Mine was a little over a week later. I still haven't gotten an email either.

gtmort

New

Post by gtmort » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:02 pm

At this point im pretty much sold on BU. I love that the entire law program is focused in one building. Makes life alot easier. Love to meet some of you when we start next year :D

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Did anyone do the tour of the main BU campus during their preview day? Any thing that was good to know? I only went did the law building tour

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm sending in my deposit this week! How are y'all going about finding roommates?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:05 pm

ashrice13 wrote:Did anyone do the tour of the main BU campus during their preview day? Any thing that was good to know? I only went did the law building tour
I did. It was interesting, although I don't think you missed much - the law school is pretty self-contained so you probably won't have to venture out unless you want to.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:32 pm

floatie wrote:I'm sending in my deposit this week! How are y'all going about finding roommates?
Sent in my deposit already. FYI for everyone- you don't get a confirmation email or anything right away. I was definitely nervous about that at first because the way you deposit seems odd but I got an email from admissions the following day.

I'll be commuting from central mass so im not looking for roommates. However, since the last train is at 11pm i need to start making friends quick so I have a couch to crash on In the inevitable situation that I stay out drinking too late once or twice over the next 3 years. Anyone who wants to volunteer will be generously thanked and bribed with beer.

Dodocogon

Silver

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Post by Dodocogon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:39 pm

Speaking of goggles, I talked to a 3L from Cali at ASD that literally wore ski goggles to class her 1L year. Snow must be intimidating for those coming from warmer states lol

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Speaking of goggles, I talked to a 3L from Cali at ASD that literally wore ski goggles to class her 1L year. Snow must be intimidating for those coming from warmer states lol
That is super awkward haha. I really want that person in my 1L class TBH

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ls_2020

New

Post by ls_2020 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:48 pm

officially deposited last night! i've been lurking the BU threads since like August so figured it was about time to join in haha

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm

ls_2020 wrote:officially deposited last night! i've been lurking the BU threads since like August so figured it was about time to join in haha
Welcome!! Where are you from? Aka...are you used to the cold yet haha

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Anyone who has deposited yet - did you have trouble logging into the deposit site? I clicked the "first time here" link and it says my email address isn't registered.

Also, I'm mostly trying to log in today to see if BU has any restrictive language on their deposit. I'm on some waitlists and still pending at NYU - so I want to know if we're required to withdraw from other schools to deposit.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:42 pm

jessmeesh wrote:Anyone who has deposited yet - did you have trouble logging into the deposit site? I clicked the "first time here" link and it says my email address isn't registered.

Also, I'm mostly trying to log in today to see if BU has any restrictive language on their deposit. I'm on some waitlists and still pending at NYU - so I want to know if we're required to withdraw from other schools to deposit.
I haven't deposited yet, but I don't think any school requires you to withdraw from waitlists when you put down a deposit. I'm not sure if BU lets you double-deposit.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”