NYU Class of 2020 [Section Poll!] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What section are you in?

20%
12%
16%
24%
28%

Total votes: 25

TexasENG

Silver

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Post by TexasENG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Has anyone who was offered a programmatic scholarship had their info updated on the scholarship system? I was told we had to sign the scholarship offer but figured it would have come through by now.

tlee13

New

Post by tlee13 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:47 pm

TexasENG wrote:Has anyone who was offered a programmatic scholarship had their info updated on the scholarship system? I was told we had to sign the scholarship offer but figured it would have come through by now.
I got the AnBryce last Tuesday and he told me on the call that I would get the financial aid letter within a few days but I've yet to hear anything. My aid application status hasn't changed since February.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 pm

tlee13 wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Has anyone who was offered a programmatic scholarship had their info updated on the scholarship system? I was told we had to sign the scholarship offer but figured it would have come through by now.
I got the AnBryce last Tuesday and he told me on the call that I would get the financial aid letter within a few days but I've yet to hear anything. My aid application status hasn't changed since February.
Congrats! I wonder if we met at the reception? There were so many people.

My aid application thing is the same, no change since late feb when I completed it. I was a little worried that I had maybe missed it somehow but sounds like they are just a bit behind on the stuff.

AFtoLawschool

Bronze

Post by AFtoLawschool » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Is there a class of 2020 facebook page up? If not, I was considering starting one.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 pm

AFtoLawschool wrote:Is there a class of 2020 facebook page up? If not, I was considering starting one.
not that I'm aware of.

but if you start it, I'll join it :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AFtoLawschool

Bronze

Post by AFtoLawschool » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Alright friends, I made the facebook group for the NYU Law Class of 2020.

Here's the link!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1294812590572592/

Feel free to join up and let me know of any suggestions you have for the page.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 am

I've approved everyone who requested to joint the group, so I hope they were all TLSers (or legit students)...not trolls :shock:

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:41 am

airwrecka wrote:I've approved everyone who requested to joint the group, so I hope they were all TLSers (or legit students)...not trolls :shock:
Just requested to join! I wonder why NYU doesn't have an official admitted students fb page? Maybe too many admits?

pusheentothelimit

New

Post by pusheentothelimit » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 am

Casual lurker here. First post on TLS ever. Just reactivated my FB in order to request to join the group haha. Hope to see some of you at ASD tomorrow :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AFtoLawschool

Bronze

Post by AFtoLawschool » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm

TexasENG wrote:
airwrecka wrote:I've approved everyone who requested to joint the group, so I hope they were all TLSers (or legit students)...not trolls :shock:
Just requested to join! I wonder why NYU doesn't have an official admitted students fb page? Maybe too many admits?
Looks like the 2019 class had to make one themselves as well.

Obama

New

Post by Obama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!

pusheentothelimit

New

Post by pusheentothelimit » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Obama wrote:Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!
Also still waiting. Admitted 3/21, submitted info on 3/26 I think...

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm

pusheentothelimit wrote:
Obama wrote:Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!
I would call the fin aid office and tell them that you need info to be able to decide! I would assume they would get it to you before the deposit deadline, but you know what they say about assuming...(ass of u & me)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Obama

New

Post by Obama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:43 pm

airwrecka wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
I would call the fin aid office and tell them that you need info to be able to decide! I would assume they would get it to you before the deposit deadline, but you know what they say about assuming...(ass of u & me)
Yeah -- spoke to them last week, will ping them again.

armc808

Bronze

Post by armc808 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Obama wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
I spoke to them about it during Friday's ASD. The financial aid director emailed me today today letting me know that they will be releasing the next batch of financial aid decisions tomorrow.

pusheentothelimit

New

Post by pusheentothelimit » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 pm

armc808 wrote:
Obama wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
I spoke to them about it during Friday's ASD. The financial aid director emailed me today today letting me know that they will be releasing the next batch of financial aid decisions tomorrow.

Thank you for the update!

Kaziende

Bronze

Post by Kaziende » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Officially committed to NYU! Feels good. I'm really excited to join all of you beautiful people in the fall.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Kaziende wrote:Officially committed to NYU! Feels good. I'm really excited to join all of you beautiful people in the fall.
Yay! Excited to see you there!

cys0823

New

Post by cys0823 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 pm

For those who are still waiting on Financial Aid, did you receive any updates? I've been checking my email incessantly :cry:

MoonyUpToNoGood

New

Post by MoonyUpToNoGood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Hellooo.. I'm trying to decide between NYU and Penn and since I just got in, I couldn't go to NYU's admitted students weekends.

Would people that went mind sharing their experience? What was the general atmosphere like? How did the current students feel about NYU? I'm looking for a place where I'll feel close and connected to my classmates, and I like that Penn has a small class size - how did the collegially between the current students seem? Institutional support? I don't mind general feelings, just trying to get a sense.. Thanks!

pusheentothelimit

New

Post by pusheentothelimit » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm

cys0823 wrote:For those who are still waiting on Financial Aid, did you receive any updates? I've been checking my email incessantly :cry:
Still waiting also. My app went "final review" for the first time today so I am still hopeful today is the day. I know people have said there is usually a week in between "final review" and an award letter, but since I am in the group who was promised an update early this week, I think the day you go "final review" is not necessarily indicative of when you'll receive an award letter

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cys0823

New

Post by cys0823 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm

pusheentothelimit wrote:
cys0823 wrote:For those who are still waiting on Financial Aid, did you receive any updates? I've been checking my email incessantly :cry:
Still waiting also. My app went "final review" for the first time today so I am still hopeful today is the day. I know people have said there is usually a week in between "final review" and an award letter, but since I am in the group who was promised an update early this week, I think the day you go "final review" is not necessarily indicative of when you'll receive an award letter
My app went under final review 4/11 and the date changed to 4/24 so I'm really hoping it's today.

huskyfan72309

New

Post by huskyfan72309 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Have not heard anything. Final review two weeks ago and then date changed yesterday

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm

MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hellooo.. I'm trying to decide between NYU and Penn and since I just got in, I couldn't go to NYU's admitted students weekends.

Would people that went mind sharing their experience? What was the general atmosphere like? How did the current students feel about NYU? I'm looking for a place where I'll feel close and connected to my classmates, and I like that Penn has a small class size - how did the collegially between the current students seem? Institutional support? I don't mind general feelings, just trying to get a sense.. Thanks!
Despite NYU's much larger class size, I still felt like students were very collegial/close. I think the bigger class size just lends itself to forming smaller groups within your class. I know some current students talked about how during 1L, all the Lawyering sections (the legal research/writing/practice class required for everyone their first year--about 30 students/section) form flag football teams and compete every Sunday and then go out for drinks afterward and it's a lot of fun (even if you're terrible at sports). Also there are lots of student orgs (like everywhere) that help people to find their "fit" within the student body. Overall, I really saw myself fitting in and finding "my people" at NYU very easily :)

I went to Penn on an individual visit, so I don't think my impressions of the school can really be compared to my impressions of NYU :?

Obama

New

Post by Obama » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:03 pm

cys0823 wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
My app went under final review 4/11 and the date changed to 4/24 so I'm really hoping it's today.
If I don't get mine today, I will consider it a personal insult and I will withdraw. Straight up. So unprofessional. It's the fucking 25th.

If anyone gets an award today, please be sure to post in the thread.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”