Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How decided are you on NU?

Tuition deposit is in and I'm ready to go!
38%
Tuition deposit not in, but it's an emphatic yes
6%
Planning on committing if they give me the right coins (i.e. scholly reconsideration)
13%
Still conflicted
13%
That's gonna be a no for me
30%

Total votes: 63

guynourmin

Gold

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:33 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I never got my Northwestern acceptance packet. I withdrew a week ago , so I guess it is never coming :-(
Me neither. I'm sad.
I never got mine either! But since I deposited I was like hey...And now I think it's coming

ThePoetKnowsIt

New

Post by ThePoetKnowsIt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:16 pm

guybourdin wrote:
ThePoetKnowsIt wrote:Pardon me if this is a weird question, but can anyone tell me who bikeable of a city Chicago is lol?
http://chicagoist.com/2016/09/19/chicag ... most_b.php

probably overstated, but I get around fine. haven't tried riding around downtown ever, but you don't need to to get to school since its right off the lake. the neighborhoods are all pretty nice rides imo. would post this question in the current students thread or maybe the facebook group (I'm not in it so I don't know how active it is) for more responses, though.
Good to know. I'm so used to using a bike as my primary source of transportation, and I really want to continue that in Chiago.

ThePoetKnowsIt

New

Post by ThePoetKnowsIt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Watababe wrote:
ThePoetKnowsIt wrote:Pardon me if this is a weird question, but can anyone tell me who bikeable of a city Chicago is lol?
Honestly it can depend on your ~skills~ and where you live but it's pretty bikeable (shoot through Divvy you can rent bikes in half hour increments). There are bike lanes downtown and, more importantly for getting to the school, the Lakefront Trail which (rumor has it) will be separating out bike lanes from people lanes (very much needed, thank you Ken Griffin for hating the original so much). The only issue with the lakefront trail is that, on particularly windy days, you may run into a slight problem called Lake Michigan. (The waves have literally shut down Lake Shore Drive in the past)

Clark street is a main N/S street that has decent room for bikes, and sections of Broadway do as well (though others are a bit tighter). Just always be aware of cabs.
Any idea when the separation of bike lanes from people lanes might occur? Also, do you think it would be unreasonable to try and bike to class from the Gold Coast or River North areas?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:21 pm

ThePoetKnowsIt wrote:do you think it would be unreasonable to try and bike to class from the Gold Coast or River North areas?
Those are like the most reasonable places to try and bike from imo

ThePoetKnowsIt

New

Post by ThePoetKnowsIt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:35 pm

guybourdin wrote:
ThePoetKnowsIt wrote:do you think it would be unreasonable to try and bike to class from the Gold Coast or River North areas?
awesome!! My bike life shall continue at NU 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 pm

ThePoetKnowsIt wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
I didn't happen to check - do you know what the bike lock situation is at NU? I know some offices downtown have indoor storage, and that would be really nice.

ThePoetKnowsIt

New

Post by ThePoetKnowsIt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 pm

guybourdin wrote:
ThePoetKnowsIt wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
I didn't happen to check - do you know what the bike lock situation is at NU? I know some offices downtown have indoor storage, and that would be really nice.
I think they might have a few lock spaces outside of the school itself, but I haven't checked about indoor storage places.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:51 pm

ThePoetKnowsIt wrote:
Watababe wrote:
Honestly it can depend on your ~skills~ and where you live but it's pretty bikeable (shoot through Divvy you can rent bikes in half hour increments). There are bike lanes downtown and, more importantly for getting to the school, the Lakefront Trail which (rumor has it) will be separating out bike lanes from people lanes (very much needed, thank you Ken Griffin for hating the original so much). The only issue with the lakefront trail is that, on particularly windy days, you may run into a slight problem called Lake Michigan. (The waves have literally shut down Lake Shore Drive in the past)

Clark street is a main N/S street that has decent room for bikes, and sections of Broadway do as well (though others are a bit tighter). Just always be aware of cabs.
Any idea when the separation of bike lanes from people lanes might occur? Also, do you think it would be unreasonable to try and bike to class from the Gold Coast or River North areas?
I think they've actually already started on some of it and then they expect the whole project to be completed in 2018, so 1L might be a little rough but if you're biking from Gold Coast or River North you don't have far to go so...

root_beer

New

Post by root_beer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 am

Last edited by root_beer on Fri May 19, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hobbesy

Bronze

Post by Hobbesy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Got an email that my acceptance packet would be arriving via USPS 2 day shipping! For those of us who thought it would never come, it will! #soon

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Hobbesy wrote:Got an email that my acceptance packet would be arriving via USPS 2 day shipping! For those of us who thought it would never come, it will! #soon
Ayee! When were you accepted?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 pm

So happy my cycle is over! Withdrew from the NYU wl yesterday. Feel like this is going to be both a very long and a very short summer.

Hobbesy

Bronze

Post by Hobbesy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
Hobbesy wrote:Got an email that my acceptance packet would be arriving via USPS 2 day shipping! For those of us who thought it would never come, it will! #soon
Ayee! When were you accepted?
Sometime in mid-March lolol!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Got my acceptance package today, admitted last week!

MT Cicero

Silver

Post by MT Cicero » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:55 am

I'll advertise on the NU listserv as well, but just wanted to throw it out here in case some of you already have a lease that starts in late July.

I have furniture/fixtures that I'd like to sell in one package, including:

Couch
Coffee table
TV stand
TV
Queen bed/mattress
Dresser
Night stand
Small chair
2-seat small breakfast table
Computer desk/rolling chair
Small bookshelf
Stand lamp x 2

I also have a bunch of the "smalls" like hangers, laundry basket, kitchen supplies (most which have been used seldom if ever), etc. I'll be bringing some of these to my girlfriend's place, but not much.

If someone has a move-in date at the end of July, and wants to basically outfit an entire 1-bed or studio for one low price, PM me. I've got pictures of everything, and nearly everything in there was brand new in 2014 when I began 1L.

My lease is up on July 31st, and my subtenant is in there until the 30th. So you'd need to schedule a full move of all the stuff either the evening of July 30th or anytime on the 31st. I'll be there as well, and can help box up smalls so the moving time is minimal. My last move (of this same stuff) cost me $335. The place is in Streeterville.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue May 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Anyone know if we need to send transcripts from our UG?

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Last edited by carsondalywashere on Mon May 08, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hobbesy

Bronze

Post by Hobbesy » Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 am

guybourdin wrote:Anyone know if we need to send transcripts from our UG?
I think if you're a graduating senior, I think yes once your grades post. And I believe everyone has to send a dean's certification form at some point.

I wonder if they're going to email us about that...

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Thu May 04, 2017 11:15 am

Hobbesy wrote:I wonder if they're going to email us about that...
Same. I went to a very small college, and while I'm sure the registrar can get things sent over the summer, I know it'll be easier for everyone if I could get it done now.

Hobbesy

Bronze

Post by Hobbesy » Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am

guybourdin wrote:
Same. I went to a very small college, and while I'm sure the registrar can get things sent over the summer, I know it'll be easier for everyone if I could get it done now.
Yeah trying to get things done over the summer is not about to be easy for me. I'm going to put asking about this on my to-do list. They're pretty responsive to emails, I wonder if finaid is the right way to go or admissions?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 am

Hobbesy wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Yeah trying to get things done over the summer is not about to be easy for me. I'm going to put asking about this on my to-do list. They're pretty responsive to emails, I wonder if finaid is the right way to go or admissions?
well let me know if you find out! I'd probably e-mail admissions, but I'm not going to.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

btruj777

Bronze

Post by btruj777 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:25 am

Buenos Dias!

Has anyone received their stipend yet?

notsolawful

Bronze

Post by notsolawful » Fri May 05, 2017 4:31 pm

btruj777 wrote:Buenos Dias!

Has anyone received their stipend yet?
Nope. I don't expect it for two more weeks since they said 5-6 weeks (and have been always on the later end this cycle)

symphonyy

New

Post by symphonyy » Wed May 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Has the tuition increased to 62,500? holy..

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Wed May 10, 2017 1:19 pm

symphonyy wrote:Has the tuition increased to 62,500? holy..
Source?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”