Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How decided are you on NU?

Tuition deposit is in and I'm ready to go!
38%
Tuition deposit not in, but it's an emphatic yes
6%
Planning on committing if they give me the right coins (i.e. scholly reconsideration)
13%
Still conflicted
13%
That's gonna be a no for me
30%

Total votes: 63

2000andBeyond

Silver

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Post by 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:15 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Guys..

Where do I live?

How do I find housing in a new city?

When do I move in?

:( :cry:
Hi, I am in the exact same boat. This all seems like a hassle, maybe i will enroll at local TTT instead?
lol the skress is so real!
We could just ignore it and eventually become dumpster roomies. Although i imagine the winter won't be kind to us.
HAHA not kind at all. Apartment searching sucks already...it sucks even more when you're miles away!

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:34 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

Where do I live?

When do I move in?

Hi, I am in the exact same boat. This all seems like a hassle, maybe i will enroll at local TTT instead?
We could just ignore it and eventually become dumpster roomies. Although i imagine the winter won't be kind to us.
HAHA not kind at all. Apartment searching sucks already...it sucks even more when you're miles away!
east coast, can confirm.... Haven't really even started :oops:

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

Where do I live?

When do I move in?

east coast, can confirm.... Haven't really even started :oops:
east coast beast coast!!! :D where you frommm

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm

BruiseWillis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
guybourdin wrote:It's official official: just signed a new lease. I'm around all summer if anyone wants to grab a drink or lunch or something.
Keep an eye on your PMs in June; I'll probably take you up on your offer. You sign in the same neighborhood?
I'll join you guys as well! Moving late June
Sounds good! Looking forward to it. Do you know where you're living?

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm

guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
guybourdin wrote:It's official official: just signed a new lease. I'm around all summer if anyone wants to grab a drink or lunch or something.
Keep an eye on your PMs in June; I'll probably take you up on your offer. You sign in the same neighborhood?
Not 100% yet, but I will likely end up somewhere in Lake View/Lincoln Park (wherever is dog friendly and close to the red line), what neighborhood did you end up signing your lease in?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:32 pm

BruiseWillis wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
Not 100% yet, but I will likely end up somewhere in Lake View/Lincoln Park (wherever is dog friendly and close to the red line), what neighborhood did you end up signing your lease in?
"Lakeview" -- Paulina Brown line. What kind of dog do you have? I have a 75 lbs lab/pit mix, so I jumped on this place. It's not perfect, but I like it a lot.

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Can anyone with no established credit (K-JD) speak to finding housing? Do you need a cosigner for sure?

adozendoughnuts

New

Post by adozendoughnuts » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:59 pm

guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
"Lakeview" -- Paulina Brown line. What kind of dog do you have? I have a 75 lbs lab/pit mix, so I jumped on this place. It's not perfect, but I like it a lot.
I'd be up for meeting for drinks. There is a place in Andersonville I absolutely love.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 pm

adozendoughnuts wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
I'd be up for meeting for drinks. There is a place in Andersonville I absolutely love.
what place?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adozendoughnuts

New

Post by adozendoughnuts » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 pm

guybourdin wrote: what place?
Hopleaf. I love their beer, frites, and stilton mac.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:25 am

adozendoughnuts wrote:
guybourdin wrote: what place?
Hopleaf. I love their beer, frites, and stilton mac.
I've had the cb&j once! I don't make it up to andersonville often, but its not very far away.

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 am

guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
I have a 4 month old Boykin, she will probably only get to be ~30-35 lbs fully grown so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to find a place that can accommodate. Also I ate at this fantastic brewpub off Southport while I was up for ASW called Corridor.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 am

BruiseWillis wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
I have a 4 month old Boykin, she will probably only get to be ~30-35 lbs fully grown so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to find a place that can accommodate. Also I ate at this fantastic brewpub off Southport while I was up for ASW called Corridor.
I was surprised to have more age/breed questions than weight/breed questions. You're crazy for getting a puppy! Lol. Living with a roommate/SO? ever been to Montrose dog beach?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 am

guybourdin wrote: I was surprised to have more age/breed questions than weight/breed questions. You're crazy for getting a puppy! Lol. Living with a roommate/SO? ever been to Montrose dog beach?
I haven't but I've heard it's great from a couple of our friends in the city with dogs, and yeah I'll be living with a SO who is (hopefully) going to be working from home most days of the week. We should have puppy play dates!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am

BruiseWillis wrote:
guybourdin wrote: I was surprised to have more age/breed questions than weight/breed questions. You're crazy for getting a puppy! Lol. Living with a roommate/SO? ever been to Montrose dog beach?
I haven't but I've heard it's great from a couple of our friends in the city with dogs, and yeah I'll be living with a SO who is (hopefully) going to be working from home most days of the week. We should have puppy play dates!
Let me know when you get here!

zimmercr

New

Post by zimmercr » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:23 am

Just signed for a place in Lakeview as well. Going to be right off the Sheridan red line stop.

For anyone currently looking I had really good luck with Jason Gold from Live Well Chicago Realty. Contacted them last Wednesday and had a nice place signed by Friday morning. I had been looking for a month or two previously with Student Space and a couple other local rental companies with pretty frustrating results.

brightyside

New

Post by brightyside » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Hello guys,

Has anyone succeeded in asking for a deposit deadline extension?
Mine is April 21st for NU and still haven't heard back from some schools regarding Scholly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Trying to read as much for leisure as I can before law school. Any good book recommendations? Nothing too serious LOL. Non-fiction that reads like fiction is fine.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Trying to read as much for leisure as I can before law school. Any good book recommendations? Nothing too serious LOL. Non-fiction that reads like fiction is fine.
there's a book thread in the lounge, just yesterday made me realize I don't read anything new so I picked up a few recent pulitzer nonfiction winners on amazon. Will let you know if I like any of them!

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Trying to read as much for leisure as I can before law school. Any good book recommendations? Nothing too serious LOL. Non-fiction that reads like fiction is fine.
I take any opportunity I can to pitch/rave about House of Leaves, if you have not read it yet

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm

BruiseWillis wrote:
I take any opportunity I can to pitch/rave about House of Leaves, if you have not read it yet
Will check it out! THANKS

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

guybourdin wrote:
there's a book thread in the lounge, just yesterday made me realize I don't read anything new so I picked up a few recent pulitzer nonfiction winners on amazon. Will let you know if I like any of them!
Thanks!! I'll definitely check this out.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=188669

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:52 pm

guybourdin wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=188669
yas! was looking for this

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

When are people locking down apartment leases? Would July be too late?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”