Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How decided are you on NU?

Tuition deposit is in and I'm ready to go!
38%
Tuition deposit not in, but it's an emphatic yes
6%
Planning on committing if they give me the right coins (i.e. scholly reconsideration)
13%
Still conflicted
13%
That's gonna be a no for me
30%

Total votes: 63

lawschool2017712

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Post by lawschool2017712 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:39 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

christmas.in.july

New

Post by christmas.in.july » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone receive admit packet in the mail yet?

Yes! I received mine on Feb 9. Admitted on Jan 19.

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Just booked my flight to Chicago for ASW! Where is everyone else staying?

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

REALLY hoping to be a part of the first wave of $$ lol

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 am

dclaw93 wrote:Just booked my flight to Chicago for ASW! Where is everyone else staying?
I'm so jelly. I can't make it due to work obligations. Was really hype for a TLS bar meetup! :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Checking in 8) Gotta see what the money situation looks like, but I'm definitely excited about this acceptance.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:x
you have a great BOW

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 pm

brinicolec wrote:Checking in 8) Gotta see what the money situation looks like, but I'm definitely excited about this acceptance.
Congrats! I'm really excited for you. :)

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Checking in 8) Gotta see what the money situation looks like, but I'm definitely excited about this acceptance.
Thank you! Hopefully I'll see ya in Chicago... or ~ Evanston ~ if you want to be specific lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:48 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Thank you! Hopefully I'll see ya in Chicago... or ~ Evanston ~ if you want to be specific lol
NU Law is actually in Chicago itself, not Evanston :)

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:49 pm

dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
If you don't know where the law school is you should withdraw and give me your spot ;)

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:51 pm

BoyJord wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
If you don't know where the law school is you should withdraw and give me your spot ;)
Lol, I've never been to Chicago but no, you can't have my spot. I earned it :lol:

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:53 pm

brinicolec wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Lol, I've never been to Chicago but no, you can't have my spot. I earned it :lol:
For real, congrats on the acceptance. Chicago is the best. Now, to find a different TLSer to withdraw and bump me off the WL

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 pm

BoyJord wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
For real, congrats on the acceptance. Chicago is the best. Now, to find a different TLSer to withdraw and bump me off the WL
Lol, thank you. Good luck!

llm614

New

Post by llm614 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:15 pm

checking in and looking forward to ASW

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:49 pm

llm614 wrote:checking in and looking forward to ASW
Currently trying to cancel something that was planned LONG ago at another school I've since decided I'm not going to so I can attend ASW. Hopefully it'll work out :(

I'm pretty sure I'll be going here. Just hoping they'll toss me a couple bands to sweeten this deal :lol:

Speaking of money: Did anyone basically say, "I'm still considering other places because I'm concerned about money. But if you give me moneyz, I promise I'll be a 1L at NU in the fall" in their scholarship application essay? I'm tempted to lol.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:54 am

What all is included in the admit packet we get in the mail?

I just find it strange how bare the admitted students site is compared to others lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

christmas.in.july

New

Post by christmas.in.july » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:46 am

Hello all! I wanted to see if anyone has a similar dilemma to mine. I am considered NU Dependent for financial aid purposes, however my parents are unable to help finance my education (they're in retirement; can't say I blame them). I cannot fill out the CSS because my parents will not provide their financial info, so does this mean I will be ineligible for scholarships? According to the FinAid application instructions, the CSS form is a requirement for scholarship consideration......
I should probably call the Financial Aid office but I forgot to do that this afternoon and I am impatient, so I am hoping to get an answer from someone here over the weekend :) . Otherwise, I will be calling on Monday and will report my findings here for anyone who is interested!!

christmas.in.july

New

Post by christmas.in.july » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:48 am

brinicolec wrote:What all is included in the admit packet we get in the mail?

I just find it strange how bare the admitted students site is compared to others lol

You receive a moleskine, admitted student guide, and a hard-copy of your acceptance letter!!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:49 am

christmas.in.july wrote:Hello all! I wanted to see if anyone has a similar dilemma to mine. I am considered NU Dependent for financial aid purposes, however my parents are unable to help finance my education (they're in retirement; can't say I blame them). I cannot fill out the CSS because my parents will not provide their financial info, so does this mean I will be ineligible for scholarships? According to the FinAid application instructions, the CSS form is a requirement for scholarship consideration......
I should probably call the Financial Aid office but I forgot to do that this afternoon and I am impatient, so I am hoping to get an answer from someone here over the weekend :) . Otherwise, I will be calling on Monday and will report my findings here for anyone who is interested!!
I'd definitely call. I'm sure you're not the only student that has this kind of issue but fin aid could probably help better than we could lol.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:51 am

christmas.in.july wrote:

You receive a moleskine, admitted student guide, and a hard-copy of your acceptance letter!!

Ooooh, fancy.

What kind of info is in the admitted student guide? Do they provide any additional info on the ASW schedule in there or do I just have to obsessively check the website until they post it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

llm614

New

Post by llm614 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:17 pm

brinicolec wrote:
christmas.in.july wrote:Hello all! I wanted to see if anyone has a similar dilemma to mine. I am considered NU Dependent for financial aid purposes, however my parents are unable to help finance my education (they're in retirement; can't say I blame them). I cannot fill out the CSS because my parents will not provide their financial info, so does this mean I will be ineligible for scholarships? According to the FinAid application instructions, the CSS form is a requirement for scholarship consideration......
I'd definitely call. I'm sure you're not the only student that has this kind of issue but fin aid could probably help better than we could lol.

If you take a look on the financial aid application instructions they have a process to appeal dependency status so that might be something that would fit your situation.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:55 pm

The housing estimation is based on nine months, not 12, right?
Last edited by brinicolec on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zaachila

New

Post by zaachila » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:22 pm

brinicolec wrote:
christmas.in.july wrote:

Ooooh, fancy.

What kind of info is in the admitted student guide? Do they provide any additional info on the ASW schedule in there or do I just have to obsessively check the website until they post it?
There isn't really anything in the admitted student's guide you can't find on the website. There is nothing about ASW in it, unfortunately. I am not sure what happened, but ASW was originally scheduled for March and they had to push it back, so that is probably why there isn't much info. I was told Travel Stipend information should be available by Monday though, so hopefully we will see a schedule then too!

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:27 pm

I don't have any helpful advice for you, but that really sucks. I was in the same situation a couple of weeks ago.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”