Harvard Law School - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Where are you gonna live?

On-Campus HLS housing
34%
Off-Campus Harvard University Housing
13%
Central Sq.
No votes
Davis Sq./Somerville
8%
Harvard Sq.
26%
Inman Sq.
3%
Kendall Sq.
No votes
Porter Sq.
8%
Other
8%

Total votes: 62

guppiesbaby

New

Re: Harvard Law School - Class of 2020

Post by guppiesbaby » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:18 pm

93tarheel wrote:
guppiesbaby wrote:Do we have our HUIDs yet?
If you do the HLS dorm application it pops up on one of the first couple screens. If you need it for the HUH application, that's where I got mine.
Thanks!!!

AJ1010

Bronze

Post by AJ1010 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Hey guys so I'm looking for a roommate in a 2BR/2BA at 1600 Mass Ave (directly across the street from the law school). I also posted this in the HLS class of 2020 facebook page. PM if interested.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:35 pm

I'm like...99% sure I want to do an off campus apartment. Is there any downside to doing the housing lottery just in case?

knnet

New

Post by knnet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:05 am

Do we know when orientation will start? I'm trying to plan out my summer, flights, etc. I noticed that the residence move-in date is 8/23 - I'm guessing that this might be it?

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Committed ! Helllll yea

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

goldescholes

New

Post by goldescholes » Mon May 01, 2017 11:57 am

Anyone get the room selection window email yet for HLS housing? I've yet to receive mine.

twochipmunks

New

Post by twochipmunks » Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 pm

goldescholes wrote:Anyone get the room selection window email yet for HLS housing? I've yet to receive mine.
I believe they said it would come out around May 4th.

addie1412

Silver

Post by addie1412 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:10 pm

twochipmunks wrote:
goldescholes wrote:Anyone get the room selection window email yet for HLS housing? I've yet to receive mine.
I think they actually said around May 1st after noon

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Mon May 01, 2017 12:49 pm

taxman14 wrote:Committed ! Helllll yea
Yaaaaaaas!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goldescholes

New

Post by goldescholes » Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 pm

addie1412 wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:
Yup, just got it.

CenterFringe

Bronze

Post by CenterFringe » Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Submitted deferment request this weekend. Super bummed because I had SOOO much fun with you guys last week, but it looks like the military isn't going to let me go until October. :( On the plus side, I've already bought my season pass for Breckenridge and Vail, and I'm going to try and find some part time volunteer work with an advocacy group in Denver (if anyone has some advice on this, please PM me).

socalguy

New

Post by socalguy » Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 pm

goldescholes wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:
Yup, just got it.
Really? Email says May 4th... Meh

EDIT: I think we are confusing the Law School housing vs. HUH. HUH email is May 4th. I think Law School housing is May 1 but I didn't apply for it so don't take my word....

twochipmunks

New

Post by twochipmunks » Tue May 02, 2017 12:02 pm

socalguy wrote:
Really? Email says May 4th... Meh

EDIT: I think we are confusing the Law School housing vs. HUH. HUH email is May 4th. I think Law School housing is May 1 but I didn't apply for it so don't take my word....
Thank you for this edit. I would have started freaking out that I haven't received my HUH email yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

applepie3

New

Post by applepie3 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:14 am

Last edited by applepie3 on Wed May 10, 2017 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrJD2020

Bronze

Post by MrJD2020 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:48 am

Hi guys, I'm a post-WL JS1 (interviewing early this week). Asking these questions here since many of you probably no longer follow the applicants thread.

Question for the guys: did you wear a tie and/or blazer/sport coat? I can wear one if you think it'll be helpful/more appropriate. If not, I'd wear a button up dress shirt, just with no tie. I'll be skyping from my office (I have my own office, yay).

Request for everyone: any tips at all you can give me about questions/best practices would be great. REALLY want to get the offer, obviously.
Last edited by MrJD2020 on Tue May 09, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldescholes

New

Post by goldescholes » Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 am

Yeah I wore a tie and blazer for mine. I felt that it was really conversational, so wouldn't be too nervous about it although obviously it means a lot. If you're at a job, be prepared to link that to why you want to now go to law school. If you're still in school, be prepared to talk about why you're sure you want to go to law school despite not having entered into the real world.

Good luck!

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Tue May 09, 2017 3:59 pm

goldescholes wrote:Yeah I wore a tie and blazer for mine. I felt that it was really conversational, so wouldn't be too nervous about it although obviously it means a lot. If you're at a job, be prepared to link that to why you want to now go to law school. If you're still in school, be prepared to talk about why you're sure you want to go to law school despite not having entered into the real world.

Good luck!
second this. since harvard prioritizes non-kjds, I'd emphasize work experience and confidence in the choice to go to school. You don't need to know exactly what you want to do, but you should know why law school and why now. Mine was very friendly and conversational, but I did get asked about working on a team. I'm a woman, but I wore a blazer with a blouse if that's helpful.

good luck! Let us know how it goes

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

twochipmunks

New

Post by twochipmunks » Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
goldescholes wrote:Yeah I wore a tie and blazer for mine. I felt that it was really conversational, so wouldn't be too nervous about it although obviously it means a lot. If you're at a job, be prepared to link that to why you want to now go to law school. If you're still in school, be prepared to talk about why you're sure you want to go to law school despite not having entered into the real world.

Good luck!
second this. since harvard prioritizes non-kjds, I'd emphasize work experience and confidence in the choice to go to school. You don't need to know exactly what you want to do, but you should know why law school and why now. Mine was very friendly and conversational, but I did get asked about working on a team. I'm a woman, but I wore a blazer with a blouse if that's helpful.

I, too, wore a tie and blazer. Afterwards I felt like it would have been okay to have been a little less formal, but it still felt right for me because that's what I feel natural wearing. I think they really mean it when they say to wear whatever will help you act the most "yourself" (within reason/context, obviously).

MrJD2020

Bronze

Post by MrJD2020 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:32 pm

twochipmunks wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:

Good luck!

I, too, wore a tie and blazer. Afterwards I felt like it would have been okay to have been a little less formal, but it still felt right for me because that's what I feel natural wearing. I think they really mean it when they say to wear whatever will help you act the most "yourself" (within reason/context, obviously).
This was all really helpful and I think it went quite well. I didn't opt for the blazer or tie, just a dress shirt -- precisely because I felt more comfortable that way. I was in my office for the skype interview (I'm currently working, with several years of WE) and it felt most natural to dress as I usually would dress in the office.

I didn't see HonestlyThough's post until after the interview but I had the same mindset going into it and I think I carried myself well. Really enjoyed the interview.

Fingers crossed...

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Wed May 10, 2017 12:47 pm

MrJD2020 wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:

Good luck!

This was all really helpful and I think it went quite well. I didn't opt for the blazer or tie, just a dress shirt -- precisely because I felt more comfortable that way. I was in my office for the skype interview (I'm currently working, with several years of WE) and it felt most natural to dress as I usually would dress in the office.

I didn't see HonestlyThough's post until after the interview but I had the same mindset going into it and I think I carried myself well. Really enjoyed the interview.

Fingers crossed...
woohoo! I'm guessing you have enough experience to know when you did well in an interview.
putting some positive energy out there for you! hope the answer comes soon :)

jlet0314

New

Post by jlet0314 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Has anyone had luck using a realtor to find an apt?? Suggestions?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:54 am

Can someone start a poll about where people are living - I'm curious

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 am

taxman14 wrote:Can someone start a poll about where people are living - I'm curious
R. Jeeves wrote:
ayyyy Jeeves your people are calling

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri May 12, 2017 11:59 am

KateMcKitten wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Can someone start a poll about where people are living - I'm curious
R. Jeeves wrote:
My b. Ive been pretty bad about keeping up with tls since #squad became a thing. I'll make a poll in a bit.

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Fri May 12, 2017 12:05 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
My b. Ive been pretty bad about keeping up with tls since #squad became a thing. I'll make a poll in a bit.
@me x1000000000 I went from all day to every few days. Thought I'd tag ya while I was doing my biweekly check-in.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”