Georgetown Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
mikachu

New

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Post by mikachu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Anyone here invited and interviewed for PILS?

They told me they'd get back to me "by the end of the week" after my interview early March...

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:09 am

I sent GULC an email asking for scholarship information, as there are deposit deadlines on the first (one with a $150k scholarship). I hope they get back to me soon. It is a little weird how they are doing scholarships. They send out feeler email to certain people only? They said at ASD that if we didn't hear anything, to send in an email to ask for merit aid. Seems disorganized, or maybe they are just hoping people never ask?

mp68

New

Post by mp68 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 pm

jjcorvino wrote:I sent GULC an email asking for scholarship information, as there are deposit deadlines on the first (one with a $150k scholarship). I hope they get back to me soon. It is a little weird how they are doing scholarships. They send out feeler email to certain people only? They said at ASD that if we didn't hear anything, to send in an email to ask for merit aid. Seems disorganized, or maybe they are just hoping people never ask?
At the Financial Aid session at the Open House today, they said they sent out the first batch of financial aid grants yesterday. So far about 250 folks have filled out their financial aid forms, and 90 of that 250 got their offer letters yesterday. They said they are working as fast as they can to get through everyone. Need-based grants are separate than the scholarship programs, and you don't have to wait to be asked, just fill out the financial aid forms. If you need a response on need-based aid now because of pending deadlines at other schools, send them an e-mail and let them know, and they will put you at the top of the processing list, and do their best to get you an answer in time for you to make a decision.

tinafeyclone

New

Post by tinafeyclone » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Has anyone here committed yet? Does the admissions office send a confirmation email afterwards?

govlife

Bronze

Post by govlife » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Got my financial aid award this morning. I submitted the last of my forms on March 10, so it took about 2.5 weeks.

Edit: Need-based. Still waiting on merit scholly, I am an alternate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

m052310

New

Post by m052310 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Has anyone sent there dean's certification form and final transcript from their undergrad yet? I've made 2 attempts, one in December and one in February, and GULC has neither (emailed and called to verify). Undergrad assures me they were sent (and I double checked the address), so I'm kind of out of ideas here...

m052310

New

Post by m052310 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:08 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone here committed yet? Does the admissions office send a confirmation email afterwards?
Just committed this morning and so far all I've gotten is the generic "we got your email but we're busy" auto-response.

tinafeyclone

New

Post by tinafeyclone » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:11 pm

m052310 wrote:
tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone here committed yet? Does the admissions office send a confirmation email afterwards?
Just committed this morning and so far all I've gotten is the generic "we got your email but we're busy" auto-response.
I committed Monday night and they just sent me a confirmation email.

Bunbury

New

Post by Bunbury » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:42 pm

m052310 wrote:Has anyone sent there dean's certification form and final transcript from their undergrad yet? I've made 2 attempts, one in December and one in February, and GULC has neither (emailed and called to verify). Undergrad assures me they were sent (and I double checked the address), so I'm kind of out of ideas here...
+1 You're not alone :) I too haven't received any confirmation from GULC. I read that they'll be using the status checker to keep track of documents but mine hasn't changed. I figure they've got their hands full right now and I'll check in after the seat deposit due date in early April...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mp68

New

Post by mp68 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 pm

m052310 wrote:Has anyone sent there dean's certification form and final transcript from their undergrad yet? I've made 2 attempts, one in December and one in February, and GULC has neither (emailed and called to verify). Undergrad assures me they were sent (and I double checked the address), so I'm kind of out of ideas here...
Had both sent, and I have check marks next to them on my Status Checker. I think it took about a week for each.

m052310

New

Post by m052310 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Well crap.

*Edit: just checked. They updated me with checks after nothing since December. Woot.

matchesmalone17

New

Post by matchesmalone17 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Got in today! Pretty excited about GULC. Money will definitely be a factor though.

Has anyone successfully negotiated scholarship?

I'm now choosing between here, UCLA, and Wash U St. Louis; have scholly offers from the other two. Wondering if I should wait for GULC to email with an offer, or if I should just email them now and let them know what my other offers are. First deposit dates on other schools are April 14/15 for me.

tinafeyclone

New

Post by tinafeyclone » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:16 am

matchesmalone17 wrote:Got in today! Pretty excited about GULC. Money will definitely be a factor though.

I'm now choosing between here, UCLA, and Wash U St. Louis; have scholly offers from the other two. Wondering if I should wait for GULC to email with an offer, or if I should just email them now and let them know what my other offers are. First deposit dates on other schools are April 14/15 for me.
You should email gtown right away and let them know you want money, they won't come out right away and give you any

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

matchesmalone17

New

Post by matchesmalone17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:23 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:
matchesmalone17 wrote:Got in today! Pretty excited about GULC. Money will definitely be a factor though.

You should email gtown right away and let them know you want money, they won't come out right away and give you any
Thanks! Do you think I should include my offers from UCLA and Wash U in that request? Or wait for their reply?

tinafeyclone

New

Post by tinafeyclone » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:44 pm

matchesmalone17 wrote:
tinafeyclone wrote:

Thanks! Do you think I should include my offers from UCLA and Wash U in that request? Or wait for their reply?
I included my other offers in my first email. You might only get one shot so I would

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Just committed. I must say, feels good to know where I'm headed (barring waitlists)

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:16 pm

Earlier this cycle, I indicated interest in the Business Law Scholars program. (According to the listing on the admitted students' site, no application is necessary, but I was sent an optional essay to complete when I inquired.)

I haven't heard anything back, and, at this juncture, I believe that the school would likely have notified anyone selected.

Has anyone heard back about this program?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mangoluvr

New

Post by mangoluvr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:34 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:
matchesmalone17 wrote:
tinafeyclone wrote:

I included my other offers in my first email. You might only get one shot so I would
Who did you send the email to? I'm having a hard time communicating with anyone.

govlife

Bronze

Post by govlife » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 pm

I was a scholarship "alternate" that they said would hear by April 13th and just received a generous offer! I was worried about making deadlines at other schools, but this may have just ended my cycle.

parcori

New

Post by parcori » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 am

How long did you guys wait to hear back about merit scholarship offers after sending an email? I sent an email on Wednesday and haven't heard anything. I have offers from NYU and Cornell already and deposit deadlines are coming up so I'm just getting nervous :(

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:55 am

parcori wrote:How long did you guys wait to hear back about merit scholarship offers after sending an email? I sent an email on Wednesday and haven't heard anything. I have offers from NYU and Cornell already and deposit deadlines are coming up so I'm just getting nervous :(
I called the admissions office and was told to send a follow-up email letting the scholarship committee know about my other deadlines. I'm still waiting for a response, though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tinafeyclone

New

Post by tinafeyclone » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:42 am

Does anyone know when we pick which curriculum we want? (Ie A or B)

lula43

Bronze

Post by lula43 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Hey classmates! I successfully negotiated my Opportunity Scholarship and officially enrolled! Can't wait to meet you all.

hegotmoneyyyyy

New

Post by hegotmoneyyyyy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 am

lula43 wrote:Hey classmates! I successfully negotiated my Opportunity Scholarship and officially enrolled! Can't wait to meet you all.
So when they waive the deposits for the opportunity scholarship, do you know if that $2500 goes toward tuition or is it like there's no deposit at all?

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm

hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
lula43 wrote:Hey classmates! I successfully negotiated my Opportunity Scholarship and officially enrolled! Can't wait to meet you all.
So when they waive the deposits for the opportunity scholarship, do you know if that $2500 goes toward tuition or is it like there's no deposit at all?
There's just no deposit so you "pay" the full fall semester tuition by July 31, while those who deposited paid that $2500 toward tuition.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”