Northwestern Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
somedeadman

Bronze

Northwestern Class of 2020

Post by somedeadman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:26 pm

I am not for sure attending Northwestern (depends how money shakes out), but I wanted to get this thread started anyways.

For people filling out the merit aid application, how have you been tackling the first essay question ("Apart from your GPA and LSAT score, please assess your position for merit aid. Please also discuss your financial need for aid (e.g., family circumstances, undergraduate student loan debt, past Pell Grant eligibility"))? Is this an opportunity to discuss softs which would contribute to the community like leadership experience, or should it be kept strictly financial?

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Re: Northwestern Class of 2020

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:43 am

If you're going to be the author of this thread, can you at least make the first post a quality home page like the Duke and Chicago C/O 2020 threads? I'm sure not everyone wants to open up the C/O 2020 thread to your questions (not trying to be rude here).

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:52 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:If you're going to be the author of this thread, can you at least make the first post a quality home page like the Duke and Chicago C/O 2020 threads? I'm sure not everyone wants to open up the C/O 2020 thread to your questions (not trying to be rude here).
:lol: :lol: :lol: (also thank you for calling my Duke OP quality)

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:38 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:If you're going to be the author of this thread, can you at least make the first post a quality home page like the Duke and Chicago C/O 2020 threads? I'm sure not everyone wants to open up the C/O 2020 thread to your questions (not trying to be rude here).
I don't see the point of listing a bunch of easily accessible information. Is this something you would like to do? If so, I can ask a mod to delete this thread.

Edited to be less snarky, but a tip for the future; if you have to qualify a phrase with "not trying to be rude", whatever you're about to say is probably rude.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:18 am

somedeadman wrote:
I don't see the point of listing a bunch of easily accessible information. Is this something you would like to do? If so, I can ask a mod to delete this thread.
Edited to be less snarky, but a tip for the future; if you have to qualify a phrase with "not trying to be rude", whatever you're about to say is probably rude.
I think home pages with a lot of information are a good source of information for 0L students floating around checking out threads for schools they may want to apply to in the next cycle. Some of the resources listed on some of the C/O pages may also not be known to every admitted student.

Also, that's not even remotely true. I just means that the statement could be interpreted as rude, and you're trying to indicate to OP that it's not your intention. Also, a tip for the future, if you need to type a "tip for the future," you're probably going to come off as sounding condescending.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:57 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:Also, a tip for the future, if you need to type a "tip for the future," you're probably going to come off as sounding condescending.
SOMEBODY CALL THE BURN UNIT

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:02 am

Welcome to the Class of 2020!

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:21 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
I think home pages with a lot of information are a good source of information for 0L students floating around checking out threads for schools they may want to apply to in the next cycle. Some of the resources listed on some of the C/O pages may also not be known to every admitted student.

Also, that's not even remotely true. I just means that the statement could be interpreted as rude, and you're trying to indicate to OP that it's not your intention. Also, a tip for the future, if you need to type a "tip for the future," you're probably going to come off as sounding condescending.
Edit - not worth it
Last edited by somedeadman on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:35 am

LOL, y'all aren't we supposed to be lit in here?! No drama zone!

NU LAW BABAYYYYYYY! I'm hype! Though, I'm so sad I''ll be in NY for a work trial during admitted students weekend :'( Hopefully there are other dates!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:39 am

ITS LIT

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:40 am

proteinshake wrote:ITS LIT
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 am

somedeadman wrote:I don't see the point of listing a bunch of easily accessible information. Is this something you would like to do? If so, I can ask a mod to delete this thread.
tbf, this is a pretty crappy c/o thread by literally any metric. Someone already asked your initial question in the acceptances/denials thread (didn't get much traction, but you could push it). Just throw up a picture and a link to the admitted students page. You don't need to list estimated cost of books or go too crazy on it, but the smallest amount of effort would go a long way. You can even go steal all the formatting from a different thread. Here's a link to northwestern's color codes for you!
somedeadman wrote: No one cares about your intent when you say stuff. Learn to make statements that can't be interpretated as rude. It's pretty easy.
This is completely wrong. intent is so important. interpretated is a really fun spelling mistake, btw. I am not one to point out stupid errors like this, but read it out loud! its a good one.

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:58 am

guybourdin wrote:
somedeadman wrote:I don't see the point of listing a bunch of easily accessible information. Is this something you would like to do? If so, I can ask a mod to delete this thread.
tbf, this is a pretty crappy c/o thread by literally any metric. Someone already asked your initial question in the acceptances/denials thread (didn't get much traction, but you could push it). Just throw up a picture and a link to the admitted students page. You don't need to list estimated cost of books or go too crazy on it, but the smallest amount of effort would go a long way. You can even go steal all the formatting from a different thread. Here's a link to northwestern's color codes for you!
somedeadman wrote: No one cares about your intent when you say stuff. Learn to make statements that can't be interpretated as rude. It's pretty easy.
This is completely wrong. intent is so important. interpretated is a really fun spelling mistake, btw. I am not one to point out stupid errors like this, but read it out loud! its a good one.
Asked for the thread to be locked/deleted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:07 pm

ugh TLS jinxed NU now. bad vibes.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Locking so someone can start a new thread whenever they think is best.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”