HA1L THE CLASS OF 2020 [[Michigan]] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

We're headed to Hogwarts, so what's your house?

Gryffindor
13%
Hufflepuff
21%
Ravenclaw
27%
Slytherin
21%
Regardless of what the quiz says, I'm a muggle, tbh.
19%

Total votes: 48

brinicolec

Gold

Re: Michigan Class of 2020

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:15 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:Head over heels in love. Pretty sure I'm attending. Just bought a whole lot of stuff from the M Den and took selfies in the law quad lol

I was literally JUST in the M Den lol.

Edit: when you're highkey decided but don't want admissions to know cause they haven't shown you the money yet lol
Haha sounds like they're pretty generous and should help you get some $$$! Wishing you the best of financial aid luck :)

Also, I don't care too much about outing myself, let's see if I met any of you: I was the (only) one with teal hair.
Teal hair isn't ringing any bells. I think I was the only black (light skinned) girl with reddish twists.... sound familiar?

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:18 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:Head over heels in love. Pretty sure I'm attending. Just bought a whole lot of stuff from the M Den and took selfies in the law quad lol

Edit: when you're highkey decided but don't want admissions to know cause they haven't shown you the money yet lol
Haha sounds like they're pretty generous and should help you get some $$$! Wishing you the best of financial aid luck :)

Also, I don't care too much about outing myself, let's see if I met any of you: I was the (only) one with teal hair.
Teal hair isn't ringing any bells. I think I was the only black (light skinned) girl with reddish twists.... sound familiar?
YES I saw you!! You were awesome. You asked important questions IIRC

UghNonAmus

New

Post by UghNonAmus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:19 pm

dclaw93 wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:see you guys at ricks tonight!

Damn near actually ended up there. That Live whatever the fuck on S 1st seemed similar enough though.

Also Ann Arbor is Heaven and everyone should go here. 75 yesterday def helped
Wtf. All you people are here and I still have no idea who's who :lol:

I haven't stepped foot in Rick's yet. Was at Live yesterday though.

Edit: Bolded - agreed. And now it's back in the 40s :roll:
Haha, I felt like I was meeting so many people that I doubt I'll even remember anyone's names next time around. My roommate never showed back up last night and hadn't returned as of 11:30 this morning. I just assume he succeeded where I'd failed last evening, but who knows.
Definitely agree with this. I feel like if I come back in the fall I'll recognize faces but definitely won't remember names.

I had an interesting roommate experience too...
Were you stuck with the girl who brought her dad?

I don't recall teal hair, darn.

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:19 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Yep! Since I'm a generic looking white guy, not sure how to describe myself :(

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:20 pm

UghNonAmus wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:

Damn near actually ended up there. That Live whatever the fuck on S 1st seemed similar enough though.

Haha, I felt like I was meeting so many people that I doubt I'll even remember anyone's names next time around. My roommate never showed back up last night and hadn't returned as of 11:30 this morning. I just assume he succeeded where I'd failed last evening, but who knows.
Definitely agree with this. I feel like if I come back in the fall I'll recognize faces but definitely won't remember names.

Not quite, let's just say I walked in on quite the sight on night 1.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

texcellence

Bronze

Post by texcellence » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Didn't attend bc I went to Duke's ASD but was it all good vibes like I'd expect? Anyone decide Mich *wasnt* for them?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:22 pm

dclaw93 wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:

Not quite, let's just say I walked in on quite the sight on night 1.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:23 pm

dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Yep! Since I'm a generic looking white guy, not sure how to describe myself :(
So we DID meet?!? Well, clearly you didn't make a bad impression or I would've remembered you like, "That asshole with the blue hair" :lol: so hi, again

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:23 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

YES I saw you!! You were awesome. You asked important questions IIRC
Aw well thank you!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

UghNonAmus

New

Post by UghNonAmus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:25 pm

dclaw93 wrote: Yep! Since I'm a generic looking white guy, not sure how to describe myself :(
Also generic looking white guy incapable of self-description.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:26 pm

i saw you bri but we didn't meet! i love your hair. chandhi, i think i vaguely remember your teal hair (maybe from behind which is why i'm not putting your face with it?) i'm a generic blond white girl so highly doubt i stuck out in any way.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:overall thoughts guys? pros/cons/takeaways from preview? i was overall very impressed with umich and liked it more than i thought i would.
As the resident skeptic ITT, I'll take a jab at answering this.

I'll start with the cons first.
1) The weather - which is like... what everyone says the con is, basically lol.
2) The lack of black students - both in the LS AND in UG (I'm going to assume it's because AA isn't a thing here) and what comes with it.
3) A group of white male (probably) undergrads were drunk on the balcony of their apartment pouring beer down on the sidewalk and almost got it on me (and apparently got it on a couple of the people who were with me) and then started yelling things like "COME FIGHT ME THEN" when they were like "Wtf is wrong with you" last night when we were walking from the car to the bar

Pros:
Literally everything else. But one thing I will say is.. definitely the people are what make this place so great.
Some specifics..
1) Even though there are very few black students, they are PRESENT and TIGHT and FRIENDLY AF. I felt like I fit right in. Like.. jokes, teasing each other, etc. etc. AND they wouldn't let me pay for things like.. ever lol.
2) All -- well, most -- of the potential classmates I met (especially the black students) were people I felt I would be able to get along with, hang out with, etc.
3) The professors are not only successful/smart, they're engaged. I really like the way they interact with students.
4) The alumni network is REAL lol. An alumni who is a partner at a big firm came to speak about private sector jobs and after, I went up to him and was like "You do something I think I might be interested in, would I be able to get your email?" and he was basically like, "Absolutely, you're here, that makes you family. I'd love to help," and gave me his card.
5) It's been practically impossible NOT to talk to current students; I feel like when they see you, they want to know more about you and tell you about the school and whatever (especially when they're drunk lol) and they all seem to have #NoRegrets about coming to Michigan.
Something unrelated to the people that is a pro: I feel like there's just something in the air or the water or something around here that makes you start to love this place.

All-in-all: I'd say they've officially turned a skeptic into a believer. lol

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:i saw you bri but we didn't meet! i love your hair. chandhi, i think i vaguely remember your teal hair (maybe from behind which is why i'm not putting your face with it?) i'm a generic blond white girl so highly doubt i stuck out in any way.
Lol thank you!!! Fwiw @anybody ITT, I'm still in AA until tomorrow if anyone wants to pop up and say hi or something

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 pm

chandhi wrote: And I just want to point out that all of us freely adding descriptions of ourselves on this thread is very Michigan hahaha
Lol, I mean, none of us are saying anything awful about Michigan. If anything, I'm just building up to when I decide I want to be on an ASW panel next year so I can tell people how much I love this stupidly cold but amazing place.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for someone to make a summer starter FB. The previous years have one but idk who makes it... lol

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:48 pm

very surprised how nice this weekend was. Definitely can see myself here. If anyone is on the fence or hesitant about the Midwest (this was my first time), It's definitely way better than I expected.

azaleafire

Bronze

Post by azaleafire » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:48 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

I am 99% sure I talked to you, chandhi, and maybe complimented you on your dye job. Brini I saw you from afar. My only defining feature is I wore a maroon cardigan for most of the weekend, and I was one of the ~10 black admitted students haha.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:49 pm

azaleafire wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

I am 99% sure I talked to you, chandhi, and maybe complimented you on your dye job. Brini I saw you from afar. My only defining feature is I wore a maroon cardigan for most of the weekend, and I was one of the ~10 black admitted students haha.
.... And I didn't talk to you? I thought for sure that I spoke to all the black students at least once :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you going to the gala tonight?

azaleafire

Bronze

Post by azaleafire » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:54 pm

brinicolec wrote:
.... And I didn't talk to you? I thought for sure that I spoke to all the black students at least once :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you going to the gala tonight?
Nope - guess I was hiding haha. I am going to the gala though!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:02 pm

azaleafire wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Huh.. weird. Lol.

And okay, same! You'll have to say hi! Are you going to the "afterglow" too? I think it's at the bar/club Bar Night was at yesterday....

azaleafire

Bronze

Post by azaleafire » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:57 pm

brinicolec wrote:
azaleafire wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Huh.. weird. Lol.

And okay, same! You'll have to say hi! Are you going to the "afterglow" too? I think it's at the bar/club Bar Night was at yesterday....
Maybe. Power nap is in order.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:58 pm

If anyone's interested I think I'm gonna head to the hopcat around 7 and watch the tournament games

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Maan I leave Ann Arbor and you guys start the TLS meet ups :|

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:24 pm

azaleafire wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
azaleafire wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Huh.. weird. Lol.

Maybe. Power nap is in order.
I've been thinking about napping too lol.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Eat at Zingerman's before you leave

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”