Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

dasq5511

Bronze

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by dasq5511 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:I can't be the only one stalking the FB admitted students page right?
I may or may not have deciphered some TLSers real identities :oops: #creeper
I got a few people. I'm sure people have found me, there are are a few that have still alluded me though.

Also is it weird to friend people from this site? Like I want to meet up with the active members of this thread, but if It's obvious who I am then how can I continue to shitpost?
Lmao I've definitely stalked like everyone. No shame. I pride myself on my Facebook deduction skills.

I also don't think it's weird to friend request as long as you like let people know how you know them. And don't let anyone ever stop you from shitposting. Fulfill your destiny
How do you guys even figure this stuff out? Most people don't post much personal info besides their stats, and its not like that info is on Facebook.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:I can't be the only one stalking the FB admitted students page right?
I got a few people. I'm sure people have found me, there are are a few that have still alluded me though.

Also is it weird to friend people from this site? Like I want to meet up with the active members of this thread, but if It's obvious who I am then how can I continue to shitpost?
Lmao I've definitely stalked like everyone. No shame. I pride myself on my Facebook deduction skills.

I also don't think it's weird to friend request as long as you like let people know how you know them. And don't let anyone ever stop you from shitposting. Fulfill your destiny
How do you guys even figure this stuff out? Most people don't post much personal info besides their stats, and its not like that info is on Facebook.
Some people have given away jobs, UG, or have asked something on here and subsequently posted about it on the FB page in a similar way

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 pm

lol yeah I've figured out three of y'all :mrgreen:

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 pm

chargers21 wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

Some people have given away jobs, UG, or have asked something on here and subsequently posted about it on the FB page in a similar way
+1 People also often give up location, which helps. But really, Facebook stalking is an art that takes years of practice. 'Tis not easy :lol:

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:lol yeah I've figured out three of y'all :mrgreen:
I'm ashamed to say that I've only gotten 1 person figured out. Smh. I need to put in some more hours.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:22 pm

proteinshake wrote:lol yeah I've figured out three of y'all :mrgreen:
Oh dear :oops:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

I feel like mine is super obvious but I put like everything on Facebook and my name gives away my profession (although I guess only if you are also familiar with the profession)

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 am

dasq5511 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

I feel like mine is super obvious but I put like everything on Facebook and my name gives away my profession (although I guess only if you are also familiar with the profession)
may have just figured yours out

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:14 am

dasq5511 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

Yeah yours wasn't hard to figure out :lol: but mine is also easy. Like a dumbass, I chose a username that's a dead giveaway :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:53 am

Stephylynette wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

Yeah yours wasn't hard to figure out :lol: but mine is also easy. Like a dumbass, I chose a username that's a dead giveaway :roll:
It was nice seeing that both of you went to normal UGs, because it looks like most people are from Ivies and other top private schools

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:39 am

chargers21 wrote: It was nice seeing that both of you went to normal UGs, because it looks like most people are from Ivies and other top private schools
Um, excuse me but UGA is a *public ivy* thank you very much. lol I'm kidding. But seriously, everyone else seems to have such extravagant lives and educational backgrounds. But hey, we made it to the same place. Won't matter at all over the next three years!!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:46 am

Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote: It was nice seeing that both of you went to normal UGs, because it looks like most people are from Ivies and other top private schools
Um, excuse me but UGA is a *public ivy* thank you very much. lol I'm kidding. But seriously, everyone else seems to have such extravagant lives and educational backgrounds. But hey, we made it to the same place. Won't matter at all over the next three years!!
I really really like this attitude. Doesn't matter where you start it matters where you finish. I think the same thing when I see people nitpicking about T3, T6, T10 etc etc. I hope the pinnacle of my legal career is not where I went to law school - hopefully I'll have much cooler things to talk about!

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Excited to meet y'all at ASD! First time anywhere on the east coast :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Anybody going to asw that has discovered my obvi profile, hit me with a friend request. I'm looking to meet some of you peeps and go into school with some friends
Last edited by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody going to assume that has discovered my obvi profile, hit me with a friend request. I'm looking to meet some of you peeps and go into school with some friends
Samesies. Let's be friends and drink together

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:01 am

Stephylynette wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody going to assume that has discovered my obvi profile, hit me with a friend request. I'm looking to meet some of you peeps and go into school with some friends
Samesies. Let's be friends and drink together
I'm in! hint: I went to a big state school too

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:35 am

new poll

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

texcellence

Bronze

Post by texcellence » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Last edited by texcellence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:29 pm

texcellence wrote:
proteinshake wrote:new poll
wait i actually would tho
great!

now I need suggestions on where to meet up so I can put them in the next poll! :D

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Anybody try to negotiate this cycle yet?

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi! Can anyone speak to how long it takes from your aid interview to notification of $$? Mine is next Tuesday. Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:Hi! Can anyone speak to how long it takes from your aid interview to notification of $$? Mine is next Tuesday. Thanks!
Approximately one month from the date of the interview. I was told the scholarship committee meets every week.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:02 pm

crookedsmile wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:Hi! Can anyone speak to how long it takes from your aid interview to notification of $$? Mine is next Tuesday. Thanks!
Approximately one month from the date of the interview. I was told the scholarship committee meets every week.
Thanks! That's definitely going to be a problem this late in the cycle. Do you know if there's any reasonable way to reach out and basically say "I kinda have to know earlier...it's april"?

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?
no haha, doesn't look like it'd take long tho!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”