Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:05 pm

chargers21 wrote:They matched Michigan. 99.9% sure I'll be in Durham

NICE!!!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:16 pm

I actually am close to the gold flair now so imma hold off making it official but I'll rep hard once I do

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:I actually am close to the gold flair now so imma hold off making it official but I'll rep hard once I do
gonna wait for NYU scholly tho?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:25 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:I actually am close to the gold flair now so imma hold off making it official but I'll rep hard once I do

Nah, don't really want PI so I don't think NYU will be worth it. Plus I don't want to be in the city.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

Nah, don't really want PI so I don't think NYU will be worth it. Plus I don't want to be in the city.
ah. honestly thought there was a good chance you'd leave us for NYU :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:28 pm

proteinshake wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

I was happy to get it, but my heart is still in Durham

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 pm

even Duke's gym looks like a castle lol
[+] Spoiler

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:20 pm

proteinshake wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

I was happy to get it, but my heart is still in Durham
Same. NYU was probably good for my ego but I can't imagine going anywhere else but Duke at this point. Lol

ithrowds

Bronze

Post by ithrowds » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 pm

lilikoillama wrote:Anyone else afraid of being bored out of their mind for the next three years in Durham? I visited and it seemed like there was really not much to see, given I'm from a very big city...

I think one of the things that's keeping me from depositing (despite waiting for my scholly negotiation) is hesitation of life in Durham. Thoughts?
I did visit during the week so it might be different during a weekend. Anyone share my fear of boredom :cry:
Current Duke student - I came from a major city and had similar fears, but Durham has been totally cool. It's got a reputation for being an up-and-coming city (literally a bunch of hip restaurants & bars opening each month) I think for one, you'll honestly be so stacked with work during 1L year that you won't have a ton of time to go do anything anyway. If you get bored of Durham during 2L/3L, you can study abroad for a semester or do Duke in DC.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:04 pm

new poll

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Class of 2016 comprehensive employment data (including salary and geographic data) https://law.duke.edu/career/employmentdata/

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 pm

proteinshake wrote:Class of 2016 comprehensive employment data (including salary and geographic data) https://law.duke.edu/career/employmentdata/
The salaries for PI/GOV jobs always depress me lol

SilverSurfer2020

Bronze

Post by SilverSurfer2020 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:29 pm

See y'all in Durham!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:48 pm

SilverSurfer2020 wrote:See y'all in Durham!
congrats! 8)

and help keep us in the lead: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=276168

Harry Ass Truman

New

Post by Harry Ass Truman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Anyone figure out where they're living? Trying to anonly figure out ~the move~

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Harry Ass Truman wrote:Anyone figure out where they're living? Trying to anonly figure out ~the move~
I'm renting a room in a condo through someone I know. If I wasn't staying there, I'd be at Garrett West.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Anyone have details on The Belmont?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:Anyone have details on The Belmont?
I ended up going with Station 9, but the Belmont was a close second, I really loved it. Went with Station 9 because it's better security and I'll be a girl living alone + covered parking in the garage, but the Belmont had great sized apartments (that were really nice) for great prices.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:42 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:Anyone have details on The Belmont?
I ended up going with Station 9, but the Belmont was a close second, I really loved it. Went with Station 9 because it's better security and I'll be a girl living alone + covered parking in the garage, but the Belmont had great sized apartments (that were really nice) for great prices.
Thanks, I'm hoping to find a roommate so someone will notice if I go missing. Did it seem like there were a ton of undergrads at Belmont? I'd rather be around grad students...
I was looking at Pinnacle, but after spending a ridiculous amount of my life in Los Angeles traffic the idea of not having to drive to school everyday is extremely appealing.

Harry Ass Truman

New

Post by Harry Ass Truman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:02 pm

I'm very excited for the moment when/if I found out who you TLSers are in person and can put a name to a face (looking at you protein)

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Harry Ass Truman wrote:I'm very excited for the moment when/if I found out who you TLSers are in person and can put a name to a face (looking at you protein)
Same!! I've met a good amount in person but I'm nosey so the more TLSers I meet in person, the better. :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
Harry Ass Truman wrote:I'm very excited for the moment when/if I found out who you TLSers are in person and can put a name to a face (looking at you protein)
Same!! I've met a good amount in person but I'm nosey so the more TLSers I meet in person, the better. :lol:
:lol:

I think we might have a large TLS precense compared to previous Duke classes. I just don't see Duke TLSers as much as the other T13s (like the number of pages in the "ask a Duke student" thread is waaaay smaller than the other schools).

Serett

Post by Serett » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

I think we might have a large TLS precense compared to previous Duke classes. I just don't see Duke TLSers as much as the other T13s (like the number of pages in the "ask a Duke student" thread is waaaay smaller than the other schools).
[youtube]lKie-vgUGdI[/youtube]
[+] Spoiler
You're well behind our topic size as of 4/17/14, but we've been shit for longevity.

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Serett wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
[+] Spoiler
You're well behind our topic size as of 4/17/14, but we've been shit for longevity.
Yeah, this seems like a potentially flawed metric. TLS is pretty well-represented at Duke, I think. (And I've personally found the tls pop. to be very accomodating and generally pleasant people)

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Serett wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
[+] Spoiler
Yeah, this seems like a potentially flawed metric. TLS is pretty well-represented at Duke, I think. (And I've personally found the tls pop. to be very accomodating and generally pleasant people)
well I'm glad to be wrong :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”