Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?
no haha, doesn't look like it'd take long tho!
I read them Saturday because I won't have time this week. They're actually pretty interesting, the conclusion in soper was weird imo

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?
I read them Saturday because I won't have time this week. They're actually pretty interesting, the conclusion in soper was weird imo
ok u gunner

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 am

proteinshake wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
ok u gunner
Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read them yet. Probably gonna find time on the drive up from GA on Wednesday though

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 am

Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
ok u gunner
Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read them yet. Probably gonna find time on the drive up from GA on Wednesday though
I don't think I'm going to read them at all. I might just skip the mock classes because I've sat in on LS classes before and I don't think there's really much to gain from doing it again. I feel like teaching is going to be pretty similar at most T13s

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 am

proteinshake wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
ok u gunner
Get ready, I'mma bring my hypo game :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:59 am

I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?
I'm just going to dress "upper" casual for ASD so I don't have to change for the reception (if I even go to it).

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:38 pm

proteinshake wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?
I'm just going to dress "upper" casual for ASD so I don't have to change for the reception (if I even go to it).
I'm wearing a casual button up shirt and jeans/khakis. Basically my usual, every day leaving the house attire

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:45 pm

I guess there's no reason to plan a TLS meetup if there's a Bar Review event tomorrow.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

proteinshake wrote:I guess there's no reason to plan a TLS meetup if there's a Bar Review event tomorrow.
Yeah, I'll probably just be going to that!

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
I'm wearing a casual button up shirt and jeans/khakis. Basically my usual, every day leaving the house attire
should clarify from the username that I'm a girl, so any girls with suggestions on what they plan to wear are greatly appreciated

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
should clarify from the username that I'm a girl, so any girls with suggestions on what they plan to wear are greatly appreciated
I'm not going because I can't get off of work, but I would suggest planning an outfit that works with a nice cardigan. Either a sundress w/ cardigan or dark jeans (preferably black) with a nice blouse and cardigan. I've found that a good cardigan can dress up almost any outfit with minimal effort.

texcellence

Bronze

Post by texcellence » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Last edited by texcellence on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Looking further forward, anybody want to go see a Durham Bull's game in late August?

Im so amped to be near minor league baseball

SilverSurfer2020

Bronze

Post by SilverSurfer2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Also going with button down and jeans on Friday. TLS meetup?

Rh1no

New

Post by Rh1no » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Current 1L. This site was really helpful to me when I was applying so want to pay it forward. If anyone has any questions about duke law or durham feel free to PM me. I know all the tricks.
Also - if you're planning on going to bar review tmrw night don't expect to meet any 1Ls there, we have our appellate brief due Monday. And please whoever said they were going to wear a suit to ASW don't do that.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 pm

SilverSurfer2020 wrote:Also going with button down and jeans on Friday. TLS meetup?
I decided to get rid of the TLS meetup poll since there's an 0L Bar Review event tomorrow night.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:58 pm

do yall think it's a big deal to leave early on Friday and miss the Faculty Reception? I'm tryna get some March Madness action on Franklin Street Friday night 8)

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:41 am

proteinshake wrote:do yall think it's a big deal to leave early on Friday and miss the Faculty Reception? I'm tryna get some March Madness action on Franklin Street Friday night 8)
^Also wondering, only hesitation is that they say to get the travel stipend you have to attend the full day and I don't want to screw myself out of 300 bucks for skipping some finger foods and small talk lol

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am

Is no one doing the bar event Friday?
I'm not gonna make it to the one today and was planning on going tomorrow night

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Is no one doing the bar event Friday?
I'm an alcoholic so I'll probably be at all bar events

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 am

I will be hanging out with cousins tomorrow night and Friday night so I won't be at either :(

SilverSurfer2020

Bronze

Post by SilverSurfer2020 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03 pm

proteinshake wrote:
I will be hanging out with cousins tomorrow night and Friday night so I won't be at either :(
Yeah I have plans for Friday night as well, definitely staying for faculty reception though!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Last edited by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:37 am

see y'all in a bit 8)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”