Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

Keilz

Gold

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 am

Hey everyone, so is the consensus that Duke hasn't agreed to increase anyone's offer as of yet, that everyone needs to wait until they are done making initial offers, or has anyone been successful?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 am

Keilz wrote:Hey everyone, so is the consensus that Duke hasn't agreed to increase anyone's offer as of yet, that everyone needs to wait until they are done making initial offers, or has anyone been successful?
Chargers got a match a little while ago

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 am

thatblondegirl wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:Anyone have details on The Belmont?
I ended up going with Station 9, but the Belmont was a close second, I really loved it. Went with Station 9 because it's better security and I'll be a girl living alone + covered parking in the garage, but the Belmont had great sized apartments (that were really nice) for great prices.
Thanks, I'm hoping to find a roommate so someone will notice if I go missing. Did it seem like there were a ton of undergrads at Belmont? I'd rather be around grad students...
I was looking at Pinnacle, but after spending a ridiculous amount of my life in Los Angeles traffic the idea of not having to drive to school everyday is extremely appealing.
Honestly not too sure about how many undergrads there were - I only saw like two residents when we went back to see the model apartment and they could have been anywhere from 19-25, I'm a horrible judge of age. Seemed like a great place, cool pond with a trail all around it, nice clubhouse and pool area. It was the first place I saw the day I looked around (saw 7 places total and had seen 4 others a few months prior) and got on the waitlist immediately after seeing it because I liked it so much. Station 9 was the last place I saw and liked it even more so also got on that waitlist, but if it doesn't work out for some reason I'll be living at the Belmont for sure.

lawandorder1234

New

Post by lawandorder1234 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 am

Keilz wrote:Hey everyone, so is the consensus that Duke hasn't agreed to increase anyone's offer as of yet, that everyone needs to wait until they are done making initial offers, or has anyone been successful?
I submitted an appeal a couple of weeks ago and still waiting. Anyone in the same boat?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Oh right, congrats chargers! they told me they nicely told me they will review my request and I will receive a response soon, but they need to first respond to people awaiting initial decisions. Hopefully this doesn't fare poorly for my request!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 am

Keilz wrote:
Oh right, congrats chargers! they told me they nicely told me they will review my request and I will receive a response soon, but they need to first respond to people awaiting initial decisions. Hopefully this doesn't fare poorly for my request!
They said the same thing to me, and then they sent their response last week. I had a scholarship deadline yesterday though, which may have been why they responded to my request sooner

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am

NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
They said the same thing to me, and then they sent their response last week. I had a scholarship deadline yesterday though, which may have been why they responded to my request sooner
Ok great to know! I'll sit tight.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:05 am

Keilz wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Ok great to know! I'll sit tight.
Yeah FYI they said the same thing to me about initial decisions. My deposit deadline is Friday, we'll see if I get my response by then.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 am

Keilz wrote:
Thanks! I received a response in 3 days, but I had already discussed my situation with the dean of financial aid in person. As others have said, I got that same email response prior to the actual one with my offer

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 am

Thanks all for your responses! :mrgreen:

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:19 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Thanks! I received a response in 3 days, but I had already discussed my situation with the dean of financial aid in person. As others have said, I got that same email response prior to the actual one with my offer
One more anecdote: My deadline for NU was the 14th and they matched NU's scholarship early on the 14th. Deadlines matter, and they definitely pay attention to them. Unlike Chargers, I hadn't discussed the situation with anyone. The deadline to accept was in NU's scholarship letter so I'm assuming they went off of that.

KeeshyCarey0909

New

Post by KeeshyCarey0909 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 pm

I received an email this week with an increased scholarship offer! Happy to PM anyone with details.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Zero change re: scholarship.

I wasn't exactly coming at them from a strong position.

Oh well, at least it's over

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Duke just got back to me and matched Michigan's offer! i'm just one visit away from having a full picture finally

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Keilz wrote:Duke just got back to me and matched Michigan's offer! i'm just one visit away from having a full picture finally
damn! I was gonna tell you to go to Cornell but now my vote is back to Duke :lol: congrats!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:47 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Keilz wrote:Duke just got back to me and matched Michigan's offer! i'm just one visit away from having a full picture finally
damn! I was gonna tell you to go to Cornell but now my vote is back to Duke :lol: congrats!
lol, thanks! I'm def grateful but it's not making my decision any easier! :mrgreen:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Welp I sent out the withdrawal emails and gave them my money, there's no going back now

I'm going to Duke Next Year!!!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Welp I sent out the withdrawal emails and gave them my money, there's no going back now

LIT

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Welp I sent out the withdrawal emails and gave them my money, there's no going back now

Turn up!! Congrats man. See you in Durham!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Congrats and see you there!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Aw yay congrats! I'm always so happy when people make their decision!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 am

How long did it take for a response email for you guys? Would like to have before I give notice today

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:How long did it take for a response email for you guys? Would like to have before I give notice today
like to confirm the receipt of your papers? A day.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:12 am

What is the actual process for putting down my deposit and accepting my scholarship? Do I actually have to mail anything, or can I sign, scan, and email pdfs of everything, including the scholarship letter?

BansheeScream

New

Post by BansheeScream » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 am

chargers21 wrote:What is the actual process for putting down my deposit and accepting my scholarship? Do I actually have to mail anything, or can I sign, scan, and email pdfs of everything, including the scholarship letter?
I just electronically signed the PDF of the acceptance form and sent my tuition deposit in by e-check. I do not believe you need to send in something separate for the scholarship offer, someone correct me if that's wrong so I can do that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”