Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

proteinshake

Gold

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by proteinshake » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:47 pm

durhambound wrote:.
plz go rep Duke http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=276168

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:31 am

Last edited by zeglo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 am

Last edited by zeglo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:34 am

Last edited by zeglo on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 04, 2017 7:36 am

zeglo wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
zeglo wrote:.
plz go rep in the Destinations thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=276168
Damn they'd have flair too :/

Doesn't look like they use TLS anymore
What is flair?
It's the strip of recognition you get when you check into the destinations thread (see link above) and have a high post count. If you checked in, you'd have one!! Also, excited you chose Duke!! Welcome, comrade :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Sun May 07, 2017 3:11 am

Anybody NOT bringing a car with them to Duke? I was happy to see that the bus system is free for Duke students (goes around campus and downtown!) but I'm still thinking a car is necessary for those who want to explore outside the research triangle area.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am

rizzlebizness wrote:Anybody NOT bringing a car with them to Duke? I was happy to see that the bus system is free for Duke students (goes around campus and downtown!) but I'm still thinking a car is necessary for those who want to explore outside the research triangle area.
Car seems pretty required. I had a free bus system in my UG, but in a spread out area like the research triangle I don't think you can rely on the bus system

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
rizzlebizness wrote:Anybody NOT bringing a car with them to Duke? I was happy to see that the bus system is free for Duke students (goes around campus and downtown!) but I'm still thinking a car is necessary for those who want to explore outside the research triangle area.
Car seems pretty required. I had a free bus system in my UG, but in a spread out area like the research triangle I don't think you can rely on the bus system
That's what I thought. Especially because I hope to explore the area as much as I can over the course of ls to whatever degree I can. I just hate driving but I'll get over it.

carlos_danger

Bronze

Post by carlos_danger » Thu May 11, 2017 3:54 pm

I know I'm late to this party, but anyone have any suggestions on finding an apartment/roommate?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu May 11, 2017 4:03 pm

carlos_danger wrote:I know I'm late to this party, but anyone have any suggestions on finding an apartment/roommate?
the Facebook group is probably your best bet.

you should also check in in the Destinations thread! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=276168

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 5:53 pm

proteinshake wrote:
carlos_danger wrote:I know I'm late to this party, but anyone have any suggestions on finding an apartment/roommate?
the Facebook group is probably your best bet.

you should also check in in the Destinations thread! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=276168
Yea! Join us in the Destinations Thread!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 pm

when is everyone moving to Durham?

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 pm

proteinshake wrote:when is everyone moving to Durham?
July 29th is move in day! Needed time to decompress and get familiar with the city before classes start

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Like August 1st. I still need to sign a lease, but I have found 1 suitable roommate. Was looking to have 2 to keep costs down

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu May 11, 2017 9:02 pm

I'll be there August 10th.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 pm

chargers21 wrote:Like August 1st. I still need to sign a lease, but I have found 1 suitable roommate. Was looking to have 2 to keep costs down
Still thinking about Garrett West?

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 10:06 pm

proteinshake wrote:I'll be there August 10th.
I'm far too anxious to try to move in that close to orientation but now that I think about it, I did it with undergrad and it was fine. I think I'm just being neurotic lmao starting 1L off right

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Like August 1st. I still need to sign a lease, but I have found 1 suitable roommate. Was looking to have 2 to keep costs down
Yeah. It's a little expensive for my taste right now, but I like the reliability and that the property managers are highly recommended unlike century where I was also looking.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 10:22 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Yeah. It's a little expensive for my taste right now, but I like the reliability and that the property managers are highly recommended unlike century where I was also looking.
Yeah that's one reason I chose them. They have their shit together and I highly doubt I'll have to deal with any ridiculousness from them. Plus, I got a really good deal so it was hard to pass up.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Yeah that's one reason I chose them. They have their shit together and I highly doubt I'll have to deal with any ridiculousness from them. Plus, I got a really good deal so it was hard to pass up.
Ughh I want a good deal! I'm going to call and try to haggle for the 2 bedroom!

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 10:29 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Do they have you in a 1 bedroom?? I'm confused. Lol but yeah they'll get you a good deal bc they value their relationship with Duke!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu May 11, 2017 10:40 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Almost went to Garrett and kinda regret it cause it seems like it's gonna be lit.

also the Duke Instagram story looks fun

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Almost went to Garrett and kinda regret it cause it seems like it's gonna be lit.

also the Duke Instagram story looks fun
Lol it really does. I'm so excited. I feel like there's lot of chances to dance, which I'm always here for

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Do they have you in a 1 bedroom?? I'm confused. Lol but yeah they'll get you a good deal bc they value their relationship with Duke!
No, I don't have a place yet, but I have a roommate that I met while I was there and want to find an affordable 2 br place. The 3 br seem a bit cheaper at most places though

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu May 11, 2017 11:09 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
No, I don't have a place yet, but I have a roommate that I met while I was there and want to find an affordable 2 br place. The 3 br seem a bit cheaper at most places though
Ah, I see. Well they'll definitely work with you on a deal if you make sure they know you're with Duke. You can probably get a month or two free

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”