Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

Stephylynette

Bronze

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by Stephylynette » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:42 pm

GOODWORKSTE wrote:Has everyone ITT decided / committed to go?
Pretty much 95% sure I'm attending. Waiting on all scholarships/decisions and ASW before I make it official.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:Has everyone ITT decided / committed to go?
Pretty much 95% sure I'm attending. Waiting on all scholarships/decisions and ASW before I make it official.
still waiting on $$$, but will most likely be here.

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Waiting on $$$, but wanted to pop in to say I visited Durham this weekend and had some of the best food of my LIFE. :D

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Leliana wrote:Waiting on $$$, but wanted to pop in to say I visited Durham this weekend and had some of the best food of my LIFE. :D
where?

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:53 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Leliana wrote:Waiting on $$$, but wanted to pop in to say I visited Durham this weekend and had some of the best food of my LIFE. :D
where?
Dame's Chicken and Waffles. Ughhh I'm going to be dreaming of it for weeks, haha...

My mom is living in Durham at the moment so she took me to a bunch of places - also recommend Cocoa Cinnamon, Rise, Scratch, Rose's, and Fullsteam brewery. Everything was great! She also loves this place called Saltbox but it was closed when I was there :( We had BBQ in Chapel Hill but I'm sure there are top-notch places in Durham too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:16 pm

Leliana wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
where?
Dame's Chicken and Waffles. Ughhh I'm going to be dreaming of it for weeks, haha...

My mom is living in Durham at the moment so she took me to a bunch of places - also recommend Cocoa Cinnamon, Rise, Scratch, Rose's, and Fullsteam brewery. Everything was great! She also loves this place called Saltbox but it was closed when I was there :( We had BBQ in Chapel Hill but I'm sure there are top-notch places in Durham too.
I visited in January and also had Dame's and damnnnn might gain the freshman 15 all over again 1L year...

Serett

Post by Serett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Leliana wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
where?

Some notable Durham BBQ:

Q-Shack (probably the main one you'll hear recommended, pretty close to where most Duke Law students live)
The Pit (more of a sit-down, cloth napkins place; also has a location in Raleigh)
Picnic (probably splits the difference between Q-Shack and The Pit)
Backyard BBQ Pit (looks very hole-in-the-wall but excellent)
Blue Note Grill (this is for people who like ribs; has live music pretty much every night)

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Prob not going, since fiancee and I have a few options that make more sense for life/ partnership/ his MBA options. Not definite yet bc Im just starting to hear back from the other schools and he's still interviewing, but not looking great for Durham. Beautiful campus though - would definitely recommend everyone visit!

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:31 am

Anyone else receive a Duke Blueprint package (w/ shirt included) recently? I received one in the mail today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:57 am

rizzlebizness wrote:Anyone else receive a Duke Blueprint package (w/ shirt included) recently? I received one in the mail today.
have you already deposited?

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:03 pm

proteinshake wrote:
rizzlebizness wrote:Anyone else receive a Duke Blueprint package (w/ shirt included) recently? I received one in the mail today.
Not yet, but I did RSVP for ASW the first day we were notified so maybe that's it?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:14 pm

rizzlebizness wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Not yet, but I did RSVP for ASW the first day we were notified so maybe that's it?

What are your stats and do you have a scholly number? Could be the people who they really want get shirts

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
rizzlebizness wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

What are your stats and do you have a scholly number? Could be the people who they really want get shirts
Between 25th and Median for both LSAT & GPA, MA URM (which helps). I was admitted super early in the cycle so another possibility for getting one early perhaps.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
rizzlebizness wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

Between 25th and Median for both LSAT & GPA, MA URM (which helps). I was admitted super early in the cycle so another possibility for getting one early perhaps.

No scholly info yet.

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Per status checker update today, scholly letter mailed 2/28... any day now.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Finally got parents' info and CSS submitted. Next available interview isn't till April. I'm screwed, yeah?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Pozzo wrote:Finally got parents' info and CSS submitted. Next available interview isn't till April. I'm screwed, yeah?
out of money? no. apparently it doesn't matter when you interview at Duke, it won't lessen or improve your chances at money.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:24 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Finally got parents' info and CSS submitted. Next available interview isn't till April. I'm screwed, yeah?
out of money? no. apparently it doesn't matter when you interview at Duke, it won't lessen or improve your chances at money.
Thanks, protein.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 pm

T10 turnt up

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Stephylynette wrote:T10 turnt up
now we just need to put Michigan back in their place

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Anyone know if Duke has a program where you can stay with students during ASW, and if so, how to utilize it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Serett

Post by Serett » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:53 am

chargers21 wrote:Anyone know if Duke has a program where you can stay with students during ASW, and if so, how to utilize it?
I'm not sure whether there's an official program, but you could make a post in the Duke Law Class of 2020 Facebook page, message a current student if you know any, or ask recruiting about it. A current student has already made a post in our Duke Law Students Facebook group on behalf of an admitted student for this purpose, and I know people have been hosted by current students in previous years, too.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:47 am

Anybody going to ASW and attending a class on Thursday? I think I'm gonna sit in on employment discrimination!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:06 am

Stephylynette wrote:Anybody going to ASW and attending a class on Thursday? I think I'm gonna sit in on employment discrimination!
most likely! where do you see the list of classes?

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 am

proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Anybody going to ASW and attending a class on Thursday? I think I'm gonna sit in on employment discrimination!
most likely! where do you see the list of classes?
Once you register and indicate you want to sit in on a class on Thursday, they'll send you a link to sign up for one

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”