Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

proteinshake

Gold

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by proteinshake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:48 pm

don't forget to fill out your vaccination form, yall! the general (I'm guessing that means loose) deadline is June 15th.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:16 pm

proteinshake wrote:don't forget to fill out your vaccination form, yall! the general (I'm guessing that means loose) deadline is June 15th.
But for realz y'all, get on this. If you haven't been in school for a few years you're probably going to have to hunt down a place to get your meningitis shot.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:00 pm

looks like Dean Levi is stepping down next year :(

https://law.duke.edu/news/levi-step-down-dean-2018/

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:03 pm

proteinshake wrote:looks like Dean Levi is stepping down next year :(

This has been an open secret for a while however, so its not a surprise to many. He will be around all next year however and help transfer to the next dean

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 pm

grades?? wrote:

This has been an open secret for a while however, so its not a surprise to many. He will be around all next year however and help transfer to the next dean
any idea who the next dean might be? or are we gonna have to wait till 2018?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:06 pm

I'm so sad right now :cry: :cry:

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:41 am

Not sure if it's 100% proper etiquette to post this here. Anyone mind PMing me roughly how long it toolbar Duke to respond to any negotiation requests?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:25 am

Anyone going to the Duke student and alumni receptions that they emailed us about?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:51 am

chargers21 wrote:Anyone going to the Duke student and alumni receptions that they emailed us about?
I'm wondering how out of place we'd feel going as 0Ls...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:24 pm

proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Anyone going to the Duke student and alumni receptions that they emailed us about?
That's the only thing holding me back, but the professional contacts we could make for a 1L summer position are enticing. Now sure how your nearby event is, but mine is at Kirkland and Ellis in Chicago, and it's just alumni and students I think

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:10 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
That's the only thing holding me back, but the professional contacts we could make for a 1L summer position are enticing. Now sure how your nearby event is, but mine is at Kirkland and Ellis in Chicago, and it's just alumni and students I think
I wish my closest one was Geneva, they're getting a cruise on Lake Geneva!

GOODWORKSTE

New

Post by GOODWORKSTE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:41 am

So guys when are we picking classes?

Also is there anything aside from the Immunizations that we need to complete before orientation?

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:14 am

proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Booked a flight. En route to the airport now. That's amazing. Anyone mind PMing me the details of the NYC one? I'm more curious the dates. I just deposited today, so I suspect that I will get that along with @duke.edu and such.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am

34iplaw wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Booked a flight. En route to the airport now. That's amazing. Anyone mind PMing me the details of the NYC one? I'm more curious the dates. I just deposited today, so I suspect that I will get that along with @duke.edu and such.
PM'd

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:45 am

GOODWORKSTE wrote:So guys when are we picking classes?

Also is there anything aside from the Immunizations that we need to complete before orientation?
1Ls don't pick their classes! and I don't think there's anything else we have to do right now.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:12 am

proteinshake wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:So guys when are we picking classes?

1Ls don't pick their classes! and I don't think there's anything else we have to do right now.

Yeah, supposed to get our section/schedule like 1 week before orientation.

Till then we just... wait (and buy a parking tag)

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:18 am

Anybody looked into the health insurance enrollment situation?

Duke hub says I'm not eligible for enrollment. Is that just a goof that will correct itself or are grad students not eligible. I would need to waive it if I was eligible, but I just want to make sure I get that form in on time if I'm going to get auto enrolled.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody looked into the health insurance enrollment situation?

Duke hub says I'm not eligible for enrollment. Is that just a goof that will correct itself or are grad students not eligible. I would need to waive it if I was eligible, but I just want to make sure I get that form in on time if I'm going to get auto enrolled.
Grad students are eligible for the health insurance. Coverage doesn't start until Sept. 1st. If you don't submit a waiver then you're automatically enrolled. I'm not quite sure about the waiver deadline since I have to get Duke's health insurance, but it's probably better to get it done sooner rather than later.

GOODWORKSTE

New

Post by GOODWORKSTE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18 pm

anyone else figure out where they're living yet?

also... intramural soccer?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:14 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody looked into the health insurance enrollment situation?

Grad students are eligible for the health insurance. Coverage doesn't start until Sept. 1st. If you don't submit a waiver then you're automatically enrolled. I'm not quite sure about the waiver deadline since I have to get Duke's health insurance, but it's probably better to get it done sooner rather than later.
Yeah, I'm trying to waive it but I can't get the waiver form because it says I'm not eligible for insurance so I can't even click into that area :roll:

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:07 pm

the waiver deadline is sept. 15th.

in other news, how much work was the immunization thing? And is the deadline hard? I haven't done it yet and will be out of town for the week

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:38 pm

chargers21 wrote:the waiver deadline is sept. 15th.

in other news, how much work was the immunization thing? And is the deadline hard? I haven't done it yet and will be out of town for the week
Pretty sure it isn't a hard deadline. Just print he form out and drop it off at your doctor's office so it's ready when you get back.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:47 pm

proteinshake wrote:

Pretty sure it isn't a hard deadline. Just print he form out and drop it off at your doctor's office so it's ready when you get back.
That sounds like a lot of work. I haven't been to the doctor since before college :shock:

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:43 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

That sounds like a lot of work. I haven't been to the doctor since before college :shock:
you just drop it off and they fill it out, no work on your part

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

you just drop it off and they fill it out, no work on your part
LOL. Getting my vaccination stuff has been a pain in the ass. It's been one hell of an ongoing saga that began with hunting down my records from a retired physician in a different state.

Chargers, you should be fine. My experience is the exception to the norm.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”