We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
16%
Crim
13%
Civ Pro
20%
Torts
14%
Property
10%
Con Law
5%
LRW
21%

Total votes: 401

amta

Platinum

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [Alt-Careers]

Post by amta » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:38 pm

if you weren't going to law school, what would you be doing? career-wise that is.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:42 pm

amta wrote:if you weren't going to law school, what would you be doing? career-wise that is.
this is a thread already. umm, I would probably continue at my current job for some amount of time but eventually I would need to pick up a new skill. I've thought about both programming and welding and have spent some time doing each. I am still not sure which one I would be better at or like more. I would probably further explore both of those.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:44 pm

guybourdin wrote:
amta wrote:if you weren't going to law school, what would you be doing? career-wise that is.
this is a thread already. umm, I would probably continue at my current job for some amount of time but eventually I would need to pick up a new skill. I've thought about both programming and welding and have spent some time doing each. I am still not sure which one I would be better at or like more. I would probably further explore both of those.
yeah. cause this is definitely the first time anyone has ever cross-posted on TLS.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:44 pm

amta wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
yeah. cause this is definitely the first time anyone has ever cross-posted on TLS.
Yeah, cause I just posted a link to that thread and didn't respond to your question.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:05 pm

guybourdin wrote: Yeah, cause I just posted a link to that thread and didn't respond to your question.
could you go ahead and link the thread. i can't find it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:07 pm

amta wrote:
guybourdin wrote: Yeah, cause I just posted a link to that thread and didn't respond to your question.
could you go ahead and link the thread. i can't find it.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... #p10063619

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Welding gets to be pretty shitty pretty quick. Programming is definitely better physically.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm

there's one from the lounge, could you link that one too.

want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to decide which one is the appropriate thread.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:12 pm

I have a pretty useless degree, so I'm not sure. Maybe get my PhD in my field of study to put off the real world for a while. Otherwise I'd go take a supervisor job in a factory (this would kill me eventually) or get really into the agricultural business. Law school sounds way better than anything else for me :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:19 pm

amta wrote:
there's one from the lounge, could you link that one too.

want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to decide which one is the appropriate thread.
the one I linked is an active thread that has been commented on as recently as today. I never said it was a question you can't ask - the last question I asked is what is your favorite big cat, so... - I just said this is currently a conversation elsewhere and then I responded to your question! and I never commented in the other thread. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:41 pm

amta wrote:
Hey, what's with the tude?

Can't we all just be friends? ....oh....never mind.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:44 pm

ashrice13 wrote: Hey, what's with the tude?

Can't we all just be friends? ....oh....never mind.
i aim to ensure that an appropriate level pedantry is maintained at all times in this thread.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:46 pm

I have absolutely no idea. Useless Undergrad major for the most part, but would likely try my best to break into finance/investments of some type as that something that really interests me.

edit: wait isn't this already a thread? :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:08 pm

I have been drunk for 27 hours now

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Maybe farming.

Or I might try and become a smokeless tobacco lobbyist.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:12 pm

I'd probably go into sales or try IT work. I bought a big book to study for the comptia+ or whatever exam after I graduated, but I figured fuck it I always wanted to go into law I'm not going to quit now.

If I could go back to when I graduated high school I'd probably go into the trades because you make decent money and I feel like life would be more simple without having to worry about paying back loans or getting a job that makes 6 figures just to get by.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Torres1893 wrote: If I could go back to when I graduated high school I'd probably go into the trades
my high school had a program - and I understand these are pretty common - where students could spend about half of their 3rd and 4th year off campus doing vocational training. People were graduating and going straight into good work. I remember this was frequently presented as a great option for students who weren't very good at school otherwise. Shame.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:34 pm

i was asked this during my u of c interview and it created this funny moment where i looked at the interviewer (well, on skype) and literally said, "that's actually a very good question that I don't have an immediate answer for" then told her maybe some kind of consulting because i like to and have a knack for solving problems and seeing future potential problems, so 10 points for pulling a good answer out of my a$$.

in actuality i think i'd probably be a CPA because im just that boring.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Torres1893 wrote: If I could go back to when I graduated high school I'd probably go into the trades
my high school had a program - and I understand these are pretty common - where students could spend about half of their 3rd and 4th year off campus doing vocational training. People were graduating and going straight into good work. I remember this was frequently presented as a great option for students who weren't very good at school otherwise. Shame.
This program is really good in theory and I totally understand why people go this route but as someone who went right to work after HS I wouldn't necessarily grass-is-always-greener this idea. Working a 9-5 type job wears you down and starting that at 18 makes doing it at 40 a whole lot worse.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:16 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
This program is really good in theory and I totally understand why people go this route but as someone who went right to work after HS I wouldn't necessarily grass-is-always-greener this idea. Working a 9-5 type job wears you down and starting that at 18 makes doing it at 40 a whole lot worse.
Yeah, I'm with Ashrice here. I can always go back to doing factory work if I want to, but it would definitely wear on you a lot faster if you jumped straight into it. I don't think I'll ever regret slowing down and pissing away a few years in UG and LS instead of doing the same jobs everyone else from my high school did.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:47 pm

guybourdin wrote: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:10 pm

I think going to college at 18 was among the biggest mistakes I will ever make. I also do not believe I took anything from at least half of the classes from junior/senior year. I could have learned a lot about a trade - for free,in time that I completely wasted - and still gone to college, not work at 18, etc.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:59 am

without law school i'd still be an engineer. i'd probably only do it for another year before deciding that it sucked too much to continue and id drop out of society and live with monks in tibet.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:00 pm

is anyone interested in coming to TLS Reno 2k17?

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:01 pm

amta wrote:is anyone interested in coming to TLS Reno 2k17?
So much yes but i can't swing paying for it :( I even looked up flights yesterday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”