We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
16%
Crim
13%
Civ Pro
20%
Torts
14%
Property
10%
Con Law
5%
LRW
21%

Total votes: 401

Shakawkaw

Gold

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [WE ARE MARTIAL]

Post by Shakawkaw » Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 am

Got my law school email address and it is long AF. I'm definitely going to miss emails from people mispelling it. For reference "xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@law.cardozo.yu.edu" Damn slavic last names ruining my goddamn quality of life.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Fri May 26, 2017 10:59 am

Back to Rigo - the OG waiter, joining our meek boards in the early 2014s, he has transformed these barren pastures, cultivating the boards with his vast waiterz knowledge of the entire process. From critiquing personal statements, to LOLSAT prep, to praising PWs in the lounge. A total package, Rigo is the hero that encompasses TLS and all of its values.

Having met the guy, he is also fun af in person and def lives up to the hype. 8)

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 am

Shakawkaw wrote:Got my law school email address and it is long AF. I'm definitely going to miss emails from people mispelling it. For reference "xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@law.cardozo.yu.edu" Damn slavic last names ruining my goddamn quality of life.
yeah mines also very long. When I was poking around their students portal initially I saw a place you could make your own (so hopefully just like guy@nlaw...) but I just looked and can't find it! maybe you can make a shorter one too? I have to imagine they'll let us. There's really no reason to have such a long e-mail - I think mine is 38 characters.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Fri May 26, 2017 11:29 am

guybourdin wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Got my law school email address and it is long AF. I'm definitely going to miss emails from people mispelling it. For reference "xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@law.cardozo.yu.edu" Damn slavic last names ruining my goddamn quality of life.
yeah mines also very long. When I was poking around their students portal initially I saw a place you could make your own (so hopefully just like guy@nlaw...) but I just looked and can't find it! maybe you can make a shorter one too? I have to imagine they'll let us. There's really no reason to have such a long e-mail - I think mine is 38 characters.
Well, initially they gave me my last name, minus a letter at the end. Since Slavic names are gendered, that would mean that any knowledgeable person would think they were getting emailed by a dude. I asked them if they could add the last letter or just shorten it, and they gave me a full name email lol.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:32 am

guybourdin wrote:
I wouldn't want to deal with the really long emails.

We HAD to create our own email name and the back end of it is only @ bu.edu so that is a lot better than the cardozo one. I actually felt a lot of pressure picking my email which is stupid. I literally had a whole conversation with my boyfriend about whether or not "first initial last name" or "first name last initial" was better. I get hung up and really dumb things :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Fri May 26, 2017 11:32 am

ashrice13 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

We HAD to create our own email name and the back end of it is only @ bu.edu so that is a lot better than the cardozo one. I actually felt a lot of pressure picking my email which is stupid. I literally had a whole conversation with my boyfriend about whether or not "first initial last name" or "first name last initial" was better. I get hung up and really dumb things :oops:
I'm always partial to first initial last name.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:35 am

Shakawkaw wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

I'm always partial to first initial last name.
This is the route I chose.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Fri May 26, 2017 11:38 am

I lose either way. My first and last name are both common af. I've def had to get creative in the past.

I really like my umich email address though :mrgreen:

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Fri May 26, 2017 12:32 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
We HAD to create our own email name and the back end of it is only @ bu.edu so that is a lot better than the cardozo one.
Literally so jelly. I can never remember the long AF order of year/law/school name...or is it year/school name/law? Am I entering it correctly? Am I missing emails? WE WILL NEVER KNOW

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:43 pm

KateMcKitten wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
We HAD to create our own email name and the back end of it is only @ bu.edu so that is a lot better than the cardozo one.
Literally so jelly. I can never remember the long AF order of year/law/school name...or is it year/school name/law? Am I entering it correctly? Am I missing emails? WE WILL NEVER KNOW
Oh yeah!! I forgot how annoying harvards was with the class year and everything.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 pm

chandhi wrote:I lose either way. My first and last name are both common af. I've def had to get creative in the past.
I feel this. I actually got called to the vice principal's office in high school for truancy because someone else at the school had to same first, middle, and last name.

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Fri May 26, 2017 12:56 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Oh yeah!! I forgot how annoying harvards was with the class year and everything.
kmckitten@jd20.law.harvard.edu is the longest email. I mistype it all the time. I would even take kmckitten@jd20.harvard.edu bc the "jd" and "law" seem kind of redundant? Even if I was an LLM candidate, "llm20.harvard.edu" would make the ".law" redundant.

ldlestrange

Bronze

Post by ldlestrange » Fri May 26, 2017 1:49 pm

KateMcKitten wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
kmckitten@jd20.law.harvard.edu is the longest email. I mistype it all the time. I would even take kmckitten@jd20.harvard.edu bc the "jd" and "law" seem kind of redundant? Even if I was an LLM candidate, "llm20.harvard.edu" would make the ".law" redundant.
oh man, this makes me feel very blessed that Michigan's is only @umich.edu LOL
... although the bu email is pretty darn convenient as well

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Fri May 26, 2017 2:11 pm

firstname.lastname@columbia.edu 8) and both of mine are short. Everyone I email will think I'm a dude since I have a masculine first name, but that's nothing new.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Fri May 26, 2017 2:13 pm

ya i wish my e-mail wasn't so long. lol. would've preferred first initial last name...can't win 'em all.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Leliana wrote:firstname.lastname@columbia.edu 8) and both of mine are short. Everyone I email will think I'm a dude since I have a masculine first name, but that's nothing new.
Surprinsgly you are the second girl I know with your name

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Wed May 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Keilz wrote:
Leliana wrote:firstname.lastname@columbia.edu 8) and both of mine are short. Everyone I email will think I'm a dude since I have a masculine first name, but that's nothing new.
Surprinsgly you are the second girl I know with your name
I was the only one I knew growing up, but I've met a handful in college/since then! Still not common enough for anyone to think female upon reading it though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amta

Platinum

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [WHERE AMAZING HAPPENS]

Post by amta » Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 pm

was very busy all last week/weekend, but better late than never.

Congrats to chandhi for making the finals!

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Wed May 31, 2017 7:42 pm

With respect to Pozzo, Chandhi uber alles.

chandhi

Gold

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [NOW UNDER MARSHAL LAW]

Post by chandhi » Wed May 31, 2017 7:42 pm

chandhi wrote:I don't like this pole one bit

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed May 31, 2017 7:53 pm

alright so, I don't think I will be voting for the finals because I just cannot choose, I can't.

sorry </3

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:08 am

BU's can only be 8 characters...

My last name is 9 :x

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:16 am

Dodocogon wrote:
BU's can only be 8 characters...

My last name is 9 :x
I have a generic first name, but its too long (11 letters) for most things so it always gets cut short. Like half my credit cards have my partial first name.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:19 am

Mikey wrote:alright so, I don't think I will be voting for the finals because I just cannot choose, I can't.

sorry </3
u have to be ruthless 2 be an attorney! VOTE!

(I did)

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Dang, this is the matchup I dreaded.

Between moving, a busy work schedule, and being sick, my presence here has been on par with HRC in Pennsylvania, and I do not expect my outcome to be much different.

Vote your conscience, beauties. I love you all the same.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”