2L and Back Again Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

What are you doing this summer?

Big Firm
32%
Med/Small Firm
9%
Government
22%
Judicial
13%
Non-Profit
14%
Other
7%
Couch Surfing
3%

Total votes: 153

daisrt

Bronze

Re: 2L and Back Again

Post by daisrt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:31 pm

ugg wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
ugg wrote:
Can we get a market poll? Considering the insane trepidation in the job hunt, it seems necessary.
what is a market poll
Guessing a poll about our locations this summer? Idk if I'm correct, but I would vote in such a poll.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:56 am

daisrt wrote:
ugg wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
ugg wrote:
Can we get a market poll? Considering the insane trepidation in the job hunt, it seems necessary.
what is a market poll
Guessing a poll about our locations this summer? Idk if I'm correct, but I would vote in such a poll.
This.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Monthly bump. Hope everyone's job hunt and classes are going well!

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Has anyone else signed up for way too much stuff? My classes are lovely, but I keep on saying yes to things I don't really want to do...

archipm

Bronze

Post by archipm » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:05 pm

schocolate wrote:Has anyone else signed up for way too much stuff? My classes are lovely, but I keep on saying yes to things I don't really want to do...
I have exclusively said yes to things I do want to do and it still feels like too much stuff.
Last edited by archipm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

archipm wrote:
schocolate wrote:Has anyone else signed up for way too much stuff? My classes are lovely, but I keep on saying yes to things I don't really want to do...
I have exclusively said yes to things I do want to do and it still feels like too much stuff.
I like what I'm doing ... but I wish I could get some help. Student leadership is annoying sometimes.

hopefuljumbo23

Bronze

Post by hopefuljumbo23 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:18 pm

archipm wrote:
Agreed. I'm having like meltdowns because of how much stuff I have to do, but it's stupid, because I know that the stuff I have to do isn't even really important. Ugh.

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 am

only say yes to donuts

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:57 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
only say yes to donuts
and pizza.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 pm

crownjd wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
only say yes to donuts
and pizza.
done and done

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:42 pm

2 finals down 2 to go. Crim Pro on Friday is going to be hellish. Evidence next week won't be bad, though.

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:23 pm

We are officially halfway done. How should we 2Lebrate? I realize that was a stretch. whatever.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 am

I'm interested to see where folks are going in their legal careers now that we're half way through law school. I imagine many folks are going the firm route, but it would be fun to see where everyone is heading.

I'm pursuing a career as a public defender. I never would have thought this is where my law school career would take me, but my 1L summer internship absolutely hooked me on PD work. I'm doing an externship this spring semester with the local PD office and then summering with a PD office that will have me in court nearly everyday. Very excited for these upcoming opportunities!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheKisSquared

Silver

Post by TheKisSquared » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 am

The Abyss wrote:I'm interested to see where folks are going in their legal careers now that we're half way through law school. I imagine many folks are going the firm route, but it would be fun to see where everyone is heading.

I'm pursuing a career as a public defender. I never would have thought this is where my law school career would take me, but my 1L summer internship absolutely hooked me on PD work. I'm doing an externship this spring semester with the local PD office and then summering with a PD office that will have me in court nearly everyday. Very excited for these upcoming opportunities!
I have been desperately trying to avoid the firm route but after talking to several people in the field I'm interested in, they seemed skeptical that I could get the type of job I wanted without a few years at a good firm first. So now I'm frantically trying to find a clerkship to replace the years of firm work I don't want to do.....
(I've become interested in a couple of very narrow types of prosecution that are really only done at a federal level)

Also hi all I have missed you.

hunt godlink

Bronze

Post by hunt godlink » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:18 am

The Abyss wrote:I'm interested to see where folks are going in their legal careers now that we're half way through law school. I imagine many folks are going the firm route, but it would be fun to see where everyone is heading.

The firm/clerkship route was too enticing to pass up :(

Hildegard15

Gold

Post by Hildegard15 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Was able to resist the firm life and will be working as a PD next summer. Still going back and forth between immigration and criminal defense. Occasionally am tempted to do business immigration for the monayz but haven't jumped the PI ship yet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”