2L and Back Again Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

What are you doing this summer?

Big Firm
32%
Med/Small Firm
9%
Government
22%
Judicial
13%
Non-Profit
14%
Other
7%
Couch Surfing
3%

Total votes: 153

Dawg57

Bronze

Re: He1Lo From the Otherside

Post by Dawg57 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:06 am

My God, it has been a long time. I still lurk, when I'm not elbow deep in my asinine property book, but it's good to see you.. BirdLaw, Ender, Lynne, et al.

I am working through as brutal a market as any of you. OCIs yielded me a couple of unpaid internships with public interest firms here in Knoxville and Nashville. Luckily, through networking and the oddly isolated legal market in TN, I have been able to secure some paid opportunities with firms for the summer. Just have to make decisions. But man is this job search process a grind. Good to see posts from you all. Reminds me of the good days, a year ago... feels like 10 years ago...

gsy987

Bronze

Post by gsy987 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:07 am

daisrt wrote:Job search has gotten the best of me. Also I was feeling kind of burnt (burned?) out at the beginning of the semester. We should revive it though. What are people doing this summer?
USAO in DC. The amount of forms for this stupid unpaid internship is RIDICULOUS (there are 13 forms, along with me having to produce an official transcript, doing Eqip and needing to go to a police station to get fingerprints.)

Hildegard15

Gold

Post by Hildegard15 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:36 pm

daisrt wrote: What are people doing this summer?
USAO in Oregon. A little bummed to be heading back to my home state, but the summers there are fantastic, so can't be too sad about it.

archipm

Bronze

Post by archipm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 am

Hildegard15 wrote: USAO in Oregon. A little bummed to be heading back to my home state, but the summers there are fantastic, so can't be too sad about it.
I'll be in Oregon too! I actually kind of like this thing where I escape the rain during the school year and then show up again in time for the amazing summer weather.
Last edited by archipm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:13 pm

USAO in New Haven! I am pretty excited. Also what is school. :?: :?: :?:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bearlyalive

Silver

Post by Bearlyalive » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:04 pm

schocolate wrote:USAO in New Haven! I am pretty excited. Also what is school. :?: :?: :?:
Nooooo damnit you were supposed to come to NYC!

But actually, and seriously, congrats!

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Bearlyalive wrote:
schocolate wrote:USAO in New Haven! I am pretty excited. Also what is school. :?: :?: :?:
Nooooo damnit you were supposed to come to NYC!

But actually, and seriously, congrats!
I'll visit lots ♡♡♡

route

New

Post by route » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:44 pm

gsy987 wrote:USAO in DC. The amount of forms for this stupid unpaid internship is RIDICULOUS (there are 13 forms, along with me having to produce an official transcript, doing Eqip and needing to go to a police station to get fingerprints.)
Did you get all of yours in already? I finally completed it early last week. Just wondering how long it's going to take until I hear about a start date...

uva2019

New

Post by uva2019 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Anyone in DC looking to sublet their apt for the summer?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gsy987

Bronze

Post by gsy987 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:43 pm

route wrote:
gsy987 wrote:USAO in DC. The amount of forms for this stupid unpaid internship is RIDICULOUS (there are 13 forms, along with me having to produce an official transcript, doing Eqip and needing to go to a police station to get fingerprints.)
Did you get all of yours in already? I finally completed it early last week. Just wondering how long it's going to take until I hear about a start date...
So they actually told me about the start date in their offer. I also just completed the forms last week.

route

New

Post by route » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks gsy. I just double checked the info they gave me and it said this whole thing could take 6-8 weeks after I send it in, so I'm gonna just relax and continue the housing search.

omd3117

New

Post by omd3117 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Does anyone have good advice as to where to find Con Law practice exams/ tests? The Chemerinsky supplement is gold, but I'm trying to find questions to start applying and practicing. Prof. also has not released any nor are there any in my school's exam bank.

bretby

Bronze

Post by bretby » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:11 pm

omd3117 wrote:Does anyone have good advice as to where to find Con Law practice exams/ tests? The Chemerinsky supplement is gold, but I'm trying to find questions to start applying and practicing. Prof. also has not released any nor are there any in my school's exam bank.
Practice exams not from your professor are not helpful, especially in Con Law.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gsy987

Bronze

Post by gsy987 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:25 pm

bretby wrote:
omd3117 wrote:Does anyone have good advice as to where to find Con Law practice exams/ tests? The Chemerinsky supplement is gold, but I'm trying to find questions to start applying and practicing. Prof. also has not released any nor are there any in my school's exam bank.
Honestly, I think this advice is generally true with almost every class. For Contracts, we had a new professor who suggested we use a specific professors tests...but it ended up not being all that helpful.

omd3117

New

Post by omd3117 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 am

gsy987 wrote:
bretby wrote:
Honestly, I think this advice is generally true with almost every class. For Contracts, we had a new professor who suggested we use a specific professors tests...but it ended up not being all that helpful.
Thanks for the input! I can see that. I just like taking as many practice tests as possible, it helped me do well last semester even in the classes where professors did not release past exams.

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:24 pm

daisrt wrote:Job search has gotten the best of me. Also I was feeling kind of burnt (burned?) out at the beginning of the semester. We should revive it though. What are people doing this summer?
Super late reply, but found out a couple of weeks ago that I'll be at the DC District Court for the summer! Other DC folks, pls halp me find a place to live.

gsy987

Bronze

Post by gsy987 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:57 am

BirdLawExpert wrote:
Super late reply, but found out a couple of weeks ago that I'll be at the DC District Court for the summer! Other DC folks, pls halp me find a place to live.
From that area...feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Can someone spare some extra caring to supplement my waning interest in finals? I'm not sure where I lost all those fucks along the way, but they don't seem to be coming back.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:46 pm

UVA2B wrote:Can someone spare some extra caring to supplement my waning interest in finals? I'm not sure where I lost all those fucks along the way, but they don't seem to be coming back.
Not having a job for the summer yet, I'm at a zero on the caring about exam scale right now. I did well first semester but I'm probably gonna crash and burn this semester. Sucks ass. You can have whatever interest of mine you can find.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
UVA2B wrote:Can someone spare some extra caring to supplement my waning interest in finals? I'm not sure where I lost all those fucks along the way, but they don't seem to be coming back.
Not having a job for the summer yet, I'm at a zero on the caring about exam scale right now. I did well first semester but I'm probably gonna crash and burn this semester. Sucks ass. You can have whatever interest of mine you can find.
Shit man, have you reached out for RA jobs? At UVA those jobs seem to be pretty easy to get and are pretty low key. Sorry to hear it though.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 pm

UVA2B wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
Shit man, have you reached out for RA jobs? At UVA those jobs seem to be pretty easy to get and are pretty low key. Sorry to hear it though.
Yea. That's the plan here shortly. Just wanted to try and verbalize a reason for my lack of studying this semester lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

daisrt

Bronze

Post by daisrt » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:47 am

You got a SA gig, right? Maybe that's why you don't care haha. I'm trying to stay focused, but I'm really burned out. When are your finals? We had our first one yesterday, three more to go. :(

daisrt

Bronze

Post by daisrt » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 am

lymenheimer wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
Yea. That's the plan here shortly. Just wanted to try and verbalize a reason for my lack of studying this semester lol
Glassdoor and Linkedin also have some in house internship postings. Some places are just hiring really late.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 am

daisrt wrote:
You got a SA gig, right? Maybe that's why you don't care haha. I'm trying to stay focused, but I'm really burned out. When are your finals? We had our first one yesterday, three more to go. :(
The fun kicks off next Tuesday, ends the week after. I've been doing all reading and have done more work than I let on, but that finalz swoon is real. It's like, how much work do I really have to do to continue being fantastically mediocre?

candidlatke

Bronze

Post by candidlatke » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 pm

those of you going to BL this summer, when do your gigs start & are you going to bother finding a subleaser?

lowkey stressing here over moving/finding a place in a city that i've never been and being ready the monday right after finals

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”