USC Law Class of '19 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Are you going to Law Day?

Yes
38%
No
38%
Double Yes
24%

Total votes: 21

kade

New

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Post by kade » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:50 pm

kade wrote:
kade wrote:I will be giving away 1L supplements and casebooks sometime next week. First come first serve. A list will be posted next week. Can be picked up over the summer or when schools starts
Someone needs to figure out how many TLS 2019ers there are, so that you guys can divide these evenly.

1. sum and substance exam pro series civil procedure
2. E&E torts fifth ed.
3. Siegel's civil procedure
4. E&E civil procedure
5. Siegel's torts
6. sum and substance torts
7. friendrenthal hornbook civil procedure
8. law in a flash contracts
9. law in a flash criminal law
10. law in a flash civil procedure i
11. law in a flash civil procedure ii
12. law in a flash real property
13. law in a flash real property (i have two)
14. law in a flash contracts
15. casebook for Keating
16. casebook for S.Rich

I have more supplements and hornbooks in my locker, which I will post later. (Spent about $2k for books my 1L year). Please post below the numbers for which of the above books you want.

Also, as courtesy, I would appreciate it if my TLS user name is not outed irl--thanks
17. Dobbs Torts
18. Freer civ pro
19. Prosser Keeton torts

kade

New

Post by kade » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:46 pm

kade wrote:
kade wrote:
kade wrote:I will be giving away 1L supplements and casebooks sometime next week. First come first serve. A list will be posted next week. Can be picked up over the summer or when schools starts
Someone needs to figure out how many TLS 2019ers there are, so that you guys can divide these evenly.

1. sum and substance exam pro series civil procedure
2. E&E torts fifth ed.
3. Siegel's civil procedure
4. E&E civil procedure
5. Siegel's torts
6. sum and substance torts
7. friendrenthal hornbook civil procedure
8. law in a flash contracts
9. law in a flash criminal law
10. law in a flash civil procedure i
11. law in a flash civil procedure ii
12. law in a flash real property
13. law in a flash real property (i have two)
14. law in a flash contracts
15. casebook for Keating
16. casebook for S.Rich

I have more supplements and hornbooks in my locker, which I will post later. (Spent about $2k for books my 1L year). Please post below the numbers for which of the above books you want.

Also, as courtesy, I would appreciate it if my TLS user name is not outed irl--thanks
17. Dobbs Torts
18. Freer civ pro
19. Prosser Keeton torts
20. Q&A Constitutional law
21. High court summaries con law
22. siegel's con law
23. Edwards (legal writing book-blue cover)
Last edited by kade on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uscbound

New

Post by uscbound » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:27 am

Is there a facebook group?

Thanks guys!

haewon225

New

Post by haewon225 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:12 pm

uscbound wrote:Is there a facebook group?

Thanks guys!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1621090668157331/

surgicalTheater

New

Post by surgicalTheater » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LetsGoNow

New

Post by LetsGoNow » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:29 pm

surgicalTheater wrote:Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?
Woah I didn't get that email. Is it an additional 15k from what you were originally offered?

haewon225

New

Post by haewon225 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:35 am

LetsGoNow wrote:
surgicalTheater wrote:Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?
Woah I didn't get that email. Is it an additional 15k from what you were originally offered?
I also received that email. It's an additional 5k per year for deferring, plus a one-time 5k the first year if you do a certain number of pro bono hours during the deferral year.

LetsGoNow

New

Post by LetsGoNow » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:57 am

haewon225 wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
I also received that email. It's an additional 5k per year for deferring, plus a one-time 5k the first year if you do a certain number of pro bono hours during the deferral year.
Are any of you who received this email considering the offer?

tiggerkitty

New

Post by tiggerkitty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:15 pm

LetsGoNow wrote:
haewon225 wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
+1 if anyone's considering a deferral. I personally don't think I'd defer unless I was set on re-taking the LSAT and applying early to the T-14, but then again I've been out of undergrad for a while. I think it may be a decent offer for people who are set on SC and want to take a year off to work/travel/boost their resume/etc. Who knows, they may even play ball and offer a larger scholly if you defer- I really don't think schools were expecting the increase in LSAT scores and applications this cycle (and there appears to be less movement from HYS WLs), hence why it seems a lot of schools over-filled their target class size.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Danimals18

Silver

Post by Danimals18 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 pm

tiggerkitty wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
haewon225 wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
+1 if anyone's considering a deferral. I personally don't think I'd defer unless I was set on re-taking the LSAT and applying early to the T-14, but then again I've been out of undergrad for a while. I think it may be a decent offer for people who are set on SC and want to take a year off to work/travel/boost their resume/etc. Who knows, they may even play ball and offer a larger scholly if you defer- I really don't think schools were expecting the increase in LSAT scores and applications this cycle (and there appears to be less movement from HYS WLs), hence why it seems a lot of schools over-filled their target class size.
Those of you who received that email, do you mind sharing (or PM-ing) your stats?

itsmako

New

Post by itsmako » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Is anybody getting a meal plan? I've found a few links but was curious if other students have done it, especially those living in Terrace. Any input from current students would be nice! Thanks :)

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... -jg7ee.pdf

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... poster.pdf

kade

New

Post by kade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:09 pm

itsmako wrote:Is anybody getting a meal plan? I've found a few links but was curious if other students have done it, especially those living in Terrace. Any input from current students would be nice! Thanks :)

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... -jg7ee.pdf

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... poster.pdf
Ime I haven't met anyone with a meal plan. I think it's rare to do so

RationalHeretic23

New

Post by RationalHeretic23 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a 1L over at UC Berkeley. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with finding housing in LA for this summer. Is there by any chance a facebook group for your class that someone could add me to, so that I can ask if anyone is sub-letting their apartment for the summer? This would be such a huge help. Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”