WUSTL Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

If attending, where will you live?

the loop
17%
central west end
56%
university city
12%
demun
No votes
clayton
7%
skinkier
7%
richmond height
No votes

Total votes: 41

matt92

New

Re: WUSTL Class of 2019

Post by matt92 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:54 pm

+1 March madness post reception

tsujimoto74

Bronze

Post by tsujimoto74 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:56 pm

splitterfromhell wrote:Bummed I'm not going this weekend. Would've definitely been down to cross another NHL rink off the list.
Ditto. I mean, I've already been to Scottrade, but I'm always down to watch more hockey.

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:59 pm

matt92 wrote:+1 March madness post reception
I am dumb and forgot about basketball, let's do that.

darkchildnana

Bronze

Post by darkchildnana » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:16 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
best way for us to find each other?

matt92

New

Post by matt92 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:15 pm

ssitt wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
we could meet at the entrance of the reading room when the reception ends @ 630. also we could exchange #s over PM and get a group text going if necessary. the loop seems to be in walking distance of the law school and has bars that would have the games (maybe Three Kings? looks cool). ready for some midwestern brews :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

darkchildnana

Bronze

Post by darkchildnana » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:29 pm

matt92 wrote:
ssitt wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
we could meet at the entrance of the reading room when the reception ends @ 630. also we could exchange #s over PM and get a group text going if necessary. the loop seems to be in walking distance of the law school and has bars that would have the games (maybe Three Kings? looks cool). ready for some midwestern brews :lol:
PM'ing you now

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 am

Not sure whether I'll be able to make it out for March Madness after, but if you want to find me at the reception tonight, I'll be the balding guy in blue suede shoes.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:35 pm

lol sounds like yall are having fun at ASD!

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:30 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:Those of y'all attending the March ASW, are y'all doing anything else in STL while you're there? I was thinking about maybe going to the Blues v Canucks game on Friday, but I'm still not completely sure what the schedule is going to look like.
CITY. MUSEUM.

Seriously. Do it. Don't think twice. City Museum is by far and away the best thing in St. Louis.
+1 City museum is my favorite thing to do. It's like a jungle gym for adults (and kids too..) with indoor caves and endless fun.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

splitterfromhell

Silver

Post by splitterfromhell » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Anyone else been following ASW via Snapchat? What a time to be alive.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:52 pm

splitterfromhell wrote:Anyone else been following ASW via Snapchat? What a time to be alive.
haha yes

janderson821

Bronze

Post by janderson821 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Hey has anyone asked for a deposit deadline extension? Is that even a thing? Also how have people worded their negotiations with Washu? Have they been pretty responsive to then?

splitterfromhell

Silver

Post by splitterfromhell » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:07 pm

janderson821 wrote:Hey has anyone asked for a deposit deadline extension? Is that even a thing? Also how have people worded their negotiations with Washu? Have they been pretty responsive to then?
I've asked for more time but have not heard back. Someone either in this thread or the one for applicants asked for more time and WUSTL responded by saying no, but here's more money.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

janderson821

Bronze

Post by janderson821 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:14 pm

splitterfromhell wrote:
janderson821 wrote:Hey has anyone asked for a deposit deadline extension? Is that even a thing? Also how have people worded their negotiations with Washu? Have they been pretty responsive to then?
I've asked for more time but have not heard back. Someone either in this thread or the one for applicants asked for more time and WUSTL responded by saying no, but here's more money.
How long ago did you email them? Just looking for an expected timeline. I'm assuming the lack of immediate response means they're at least considering giving additional money.

mjs289

New

Post by mjs289 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:03 pm

To those of you who've been at ASW, can I ask how it was like? I'm still trying to make decision, and since I'm international, making any school visit anywhere is not really feasible. I would appreciate any input on how the school was like!

+ I was the one who posted "I made deadline extension request and heard back no, here is more money," but that turns out to be wrong. Additional automatic scholly bump came at a wrong time lol. I'll write again at the thread again later to clear off the myth once I hear final word from the office.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:34 pm

I have to know this. There are rumors that there's a kid at ASW who went to Columbia for UG and was basically trying to confirm (by "just asking questions") that it would be easy for him to be in the top 5%. Anybody know this kid? Is he as aspie as he sounds?

nomad12

New

Post by nomad12 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:17 am

Last edited by nomad12 on Mon May 09, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:33 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:I have to know this. There are rumors that there's a kid at ASW who went to Columbia for UG and was basically trying to confirm (by "just asking questions") that it would be easy for him to be in the top 5%. Anybody know this kid? Is he as aspie as he sounds?
I can confirm that this occurred, but I cannot speak to the student's mental state. I have encountered similar students at pretty much every ASW that wasn't Vandy, though, so don't be too amazed.

Some kid at the Georgetown ASW asked the person in charge of career services what he would need to do in order to guarantee an academic career and she said, "Go to Yale." It was gorgeous.

splitterfromhell

Silver

Post by splitterfromhell » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:43 am

BirdLawExpert wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:I have to know this. There are rumors that there's a kid at ASW who went to Columbia for UG and was basically trying to confirm (by "just asking questions") that it would be easy for him to be in the top 5%. Anybody know this kid? Is he as aspie as he sounds?
I can confirm that this occurred, but I cannot speak to the student's mental state. I have encountered similar students at pretty much every ASW that wasn't Vandy, though, so don't be too amazed.

Some kid at the Georgetown ASW asked the person in charge of career services what he would need to do in order to guarantee an academic career and she said, "Go to Yale." It was gorgeous.
What kinds of questions was the Columbia kid asking?

Petrichor

Bronze

Post by Petrichor » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:06 am

poll about deposit

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:27 pm

splitterfromhell wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:

I didn't witness it personally, he was in some other breakout group. Someone else I was talking to informed me of this when we were joking about gunners.

Also, did anyone else who went to the ASP get an email just now asking them if they made it out to the ASP? I got one from Will, who I had a solid twenty minute conversation with at one point. :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 pm

splitterfromhell wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:

Probably questions like "Is it really that hard to be in the top 5%?" combined with totally accidentally dropping that he went to "CLS." FWIW, I know of 4 people in the top 5% (10 people are in the top 5% for my class). One is from Harvard (not a STEM or other rigorous major). The others did not go to a top 30 national university; one of them went to a no-name school in Texas I think. There are plenty of people from top 10 schools not in the top 5% though.

janderson821

Bronze

Post by janderson821 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:11 pm

I was awarded an extension today! I did give them a specific date I could decide by but hopefully its good news for the rest of you too!

Vandy2bforrealz

New

Post by Vandy2bforrealz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Last edited by Vandy2bforrealz on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alice1990

New

Post by alice1990 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Just made the deposit today but I'm still on the fence! I'm so bummed I was not able to visit, I'm sure that would have helped.

How many on here are set on WashU at this point?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”