GW Law Class of 2019

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Class of 2019! Figured I would go ahead and start this since there is a decent amount of scholarship/ASW talk on the acceptance thread.

Important dates that I know of:

March 15 - Scholarship reconsideration form deadline
April 1 - Admitted Students Event
April 15 - 1st Deposit Deadline

User avatar
Ranlif
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby Ranlif » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Checking in. Anyone plan on going to Preview Day?

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Ranlif wrote:Checking in. Anyone plan on going to Preview Day?


I really want to, but it's a long shot at this point. I live in CO and flights are ridiculous to just be going for one day.

User avatar
Ranlif
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby Ranlif » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:40 pm

cj346 wrote:
Ranlif wrote:Checking in. Anyone plan on going to Preview Day?


I really want to, but it's a long shot at this point. I live in CO and flights are ridiculous to just be going for one day.


Yeah I am out in CA, but going to try and do an east coast sweep. Just wish I was accepted or rejected at more places. Sitting in limbo at most but do not want to visit schools I won't get into.

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Ranlif wrote:
cj346 wrote:
Ranlif wrote:Checking in. Anyone plan on going to Preview Day?


I really want to, but it's a long shot at this point. I live in CO and flights are ridiculous to just be going for one day.


Yeah I am out in CA, but going to try and do an east coast sweep. Just wish I was accepted or rejected at more places. Sitting in limbo at most but do not want to visit schools I won't get into.


I'm in the same boat, very frustrating to have radio silence from so many places.

User avatar
monceau
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby monceau » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Checking in! I really like the idea of GW and being in DC but somewhat worried about employment prospects

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:59 am

monceau wrote:Checking in! I really like the idea of GW and being in DC but somewhat worried about employment prospects


Couldn't agree more. Are you interested in a specific area of employment or just prospects in general?

User avatar
jlaw20161
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby jlaw20161 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Checking in. Planning on attending Preview Day

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby darkchildnana » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:48 am

checking in! I'll be at Preview Day as well - anyone know when we may hear back about scholarship renegotiations?

dizzylizzy
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:17 am

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby dizzylizzy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:11 pm

ssitt wrote:checking in! I'll be at Preview Day as well - anyone know when we may hear back about scholarship renegotiations?

+1

User avatar
eSpinoza
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby eSpinoza » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:01 am

Checking in. I also can't make preview day. Live way too far atm..

Anyone have much of a clue as to housing? I am conflicted. Aston seems like a great way to meet people right away, but it also seems really expensive for what you get. Also does anyone know if there is anything to this "GW housing horrors" and whether it applies to Aston and graduate housing?

User avatar
Cardinal143
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby Cardinal143 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Checking in! Accpeted today via e-mail. Not able to make it to Preview Day but so excited as I love DC and definitely want to clerk for federal judges there after I graduate :D

lampy
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:18 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby lampy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Checking in! Wish I could make it out to preview day but flights from CA for one day are crazy at this point.

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:21 am

lampy wrote:Checking in! Wish I could make it out to preview day but flights from CA for one day are crazy at this point.


No way I am going to make it at this point either. Was hoping flights for CO would drop but it's way too expensive for one day.

Also, I emailed the admissions office about when we would hear back about reconsideration requests and was told:

"We have received a large volume of requests and are working through them as quickly as possible. Hoping to respond to everyone in the next few weeks but will DEFINITELY respond before the April 15 deadline."

So at least we should know where we stand before the deadline hits.

User avatar
eSpinoza
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby eSpinoza » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am

cj346 wrote:
lampy wrote:Checking in! Wish I could make it out to preview day but flights from CA for one day are crazy at this point.


No way I am going to make it at this point either. Was hoping flights for CO would drop but it's way too expensive for one day.

Also, I emailed the admissions office about when we would hear back about reconsideration requests and was told:

"We have received a large volume of requests and are working through them as quickly as possible. Hoping to respond to everyone in the next few weeks but will DEFINITELY respond before the April 15 deadline."

So at least we should know where we stand before the deadline hits.


That's good. But will there be another round of scholarship reconsideration after the deadline? Presumably it would only be after the 15th that lots of scholarship money gets freed up from people going elsewhere..? Did basically everyone fill out the reconsideration form? What was with the 300 character limit??!! I misread it as 300 words and was pretty annoyed when I had to cut it down to like a sentence and a half....

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:58 am

eSpinoza wrote:
cj346 wrote:
lampy wrote:Checking in! Wish I could make it out to preview day but flights from CA for one day are crazy at this point.


No way I am going to make it at this point either. Was hoping flights for CO would drop but it's way too expensive for one day.

Also, I emailed the admissions office about when we would hear back about reconsideration requests and was told:

"We have received a large volume of requests and are working through them as quickly as possible. Hoping to respond to everyone in the next few weeks but will DEFINITELY respond before the April 15 deadline."

So at least we should know where we stand before the deadline hits.


That's good. But will there be another round of scholarship reconsideration after the deadline? Presumably it would only be after the 15th that lots of scholarship money gets freed up from people going elsewhere..? Did basically everyone fill out the reconsideration form? What was with the 300 character limit??!! I misread it as 300 words and was pretty annoyed when I had to cut it down to like a sentence and a half....


Haha, I did the exact same thing. Spent 30 minutes crafting a 300 word statement only to be rejected.

I haven't asked about any additional negotiation past the deadline but your logic makes sense. I have no idea what their policy is

elemaria
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby elemaria » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:42 pm

I just checked flight prices out of SFO for preview day and I can't afford it just for preview day. I'm thinking of going a little later once all the other acceptances/rejections and just checking out all the East Coast schools at once.

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:48 pm

elemaria wrote:I just checked flight prices out of SFO for preview day and I can't afford it just for preview day. I'm thinking of going a little later once all the other acceptances/rejections and just checking out all the East Coast schools at once.


+1

lampy
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:18 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby lampy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Post deleted
Last edited by lampy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Anybody joined the facebook group yet? Just joined and it looks like a pretty solid group so far but nothing too exciting has been posted so far.

cak3893
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cak3893 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:17 am

Anyone hear about scholarship reconsideration yet?

User avatar
jlaw20161
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby jlaw20161 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Hey everyone! I just posted something similar on the applicant page so I apologize if you're seeing this twice, but I'd like to organize some sort of TLS meet up or outing on the April 1st Preview Day following the reception at 6pm. If interested, send me a DM and once we see how many people we have we can go from there!

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:35 pm

jlaw20161 wrote:Hey everyone! I just posted something similar on the applicant page so I apologize if you're seeing this twice, but I'd like to organize some sort of TLS meet up or outing on the April 1st Preview Day following the reception at 6pm. If interested, send me a DM and once we see how many people we have we can go from there!


+1

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby cj346 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Wondering what to wear. I've heard everything from "wear whatever you want, nobody cares" to "you should probably wear a suit/slacks & blazer w/ tie". I'm thinking of landing in the middle with jeans and a blazer. Anybody have any thoughts?
Last edited by cj346 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OutOfTheQuestion
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2019

Postby OutOfTheQuestion » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Hey all, checking in. Most likely headed to GW!

Is anyone thinking about Section 15? (Monday-Thursday classes)


Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests