UChicago c/o 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
KMart

Gold

Re: UChicago c/o 2019

Post by KMart » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:43 pm

lebongenre wrote:Update - Seeing all my classes now. Check your account if you're as curious/bored as I am!
What/who do you have?

lebongenre

Bronze

Post by lebongenre » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Last edited by lebongenre on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:24 am

lebongenre wrote:
KMart wrote:
lebongenre wrote:Update - Seeing all my classes now. Check your account if you're as curious/bored as I am!
What/who do you have?
Torts w/ Hemel
Crim w/Lakier
Civ Pro w/Hubbard
Elements w/McAdams
LRW w/Grunwold

Getting excited :D
Hemel is a gem. The 2Ls/3Ls last year didn't seem to like him (maybe he just wasn't great at adapting his teaching style to upper-classmen in his first year), but he was great in torts for 1Ls.

I also loved McAdams: he's just a really smart guy and organized the class great.

It's an exciting time but remember to relax. The year will become a grind really quick and you'll wish you were kicking back right now.

archipm

Bronze

Post by archipm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:46 am

Last edited by archipm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

lebongenre

Bronze

Post by lebongenre » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:12 am

archipm wrote: Probably the fact that I don't like the speech assignment means I am exactly the kind of person that needs to do the speech assignment, lol.
Haha that was my SO's exact reaction to my grumbling about it. Too true! At least they gave us some fun topics to work with

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:24 pm

lebongenre wrote:
archipm wrote: Probably the fact that I don't like the speech assignment means I am exactly the kind of person that needs to do the speech assignment, lol.
Haha that was my SO's exact reaction to my grumbling about it. Too true! At least they gave us some fun topics to work with
The speech assignments means absolutely nothing; don't worry about it at all.

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:30 pm

I hated it (hated it!) but I also forgot about it completely, to the point where it took me a couple of minutes to remember what you were talking about.

It was a good bonding experience with my small group, actually, since we all had to do it and we were all nervous. Focus on being supportive to your friends and giving the most helpful and constructive feedback that you can, and the time will fly.

Necho2

Bronze

Post by Necho2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:21 pm

So.... should we be paying much attention to the emails flying thick and furious on the Bookserv distro list? Like I see people advertising 1L books for sale, is there anything we should know about what to buy specific to different professors, or does info on that come a bit later?

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Necho2 wrote:So.... should we be paying much attention to the emails flying thick and furious on the Bookserv distro list? Like I see people advertising 1L books for sale, is there anything we should know about what to buy specific to different professors, or does info on that come a bit later?
The books you need are available at my.uchicago.edu under your classes (I forget exactly where after this but it should be rather intuitive). As for the supplements, it's really how you learn. I found the Glannon supplements helpful for Civ Pro I/II. You certainly don't need to buy your books now or even buy them from the bookserv, but you can. Otherwise I see some people advertising The Legal Analyst and that's helpful and a pretty simple read. Those are the only 2 supplements I used.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stannis the Mannis

New

Post by Stannis the Mannis » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:38 am

Necho2 wrote:So.... should we be paying much attention to the emails flying thick and furious on the Bookserv distro list? Like I see people advertising 1L books for sale, is there anything we should know about what to buy specific to different professors, or does info on that come a bit later?
http://uchicago.bncollege.com/webapp/wc ... reId=15063

Put your class information into this form and it'll tell you what books you need.

cinnabunnyy

New

Post by cinnabunnyy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Has the Hormel scholarship for PI been announced yet? I have not seen anything posted about it, and it's been a month since the deadline (plus tuition was due). I just wanted some closure about it!

archipm

Bronze

Post by archipm » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:28 pm

cinnabunnyy wrote:Has the Hormel scholarship for PI been announced yet? I have not seen anything posted about it, and it's been a month since the deadline (plus tuition was due). I just wanted some closure about it!
I was wondering about this too but just assumed they gave it to someone at this point.
Last edited by archipm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

uchiwokegurl69

New

Post by uchiwokegurl69 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Ummm... did anyone else think it was suuuuuper fucked up that most of the cupcakes in the GL were white male conservatives??? I mean I had only got to have 2 RBG cupcakes... and I wasn't about to stuff my face with John Roberts LOL

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawschoolapp1987

New

Post by lawschoolapp1987 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:13 pm

justakicker wrote:Any current or prospective students know anything about Vue53 (new apartment building)?
Hello!

I will be attending UChi for C/O 2020 and am considering Vue53 to live.

Anyone have experience with these guys?

I have been reading horrible reviews about the management company, Peak Campus, but most of the reviews are for other properties.
Link to Peak Campus reviews: https://www.yelp.com/biz/peak-properties-chicago (Google reviews has more, but can't link)

Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”