Boston University Law c/o 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
JeanLucPicard

Bronze

Re: Boston University Law c/o 2019

Post by JeanLucPicard » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Draconem wrote:When is the deposit deadline?
April 15th

Draconem

Bronze

Post by Draconem » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:32 pm

JeanLucPicard wrote:
Draconem wrote:When is the deposit deadline?
April 15th
Thank you!

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:10 pm

180kickflip wrote:Anyone have any idea what BUs OCI success rate was last cycle?

I know LSN shows the biglaw/fed clerk %, but I'm trying to look closer and see what % of students who actually participated in OCI got offers. I'm considering BU and a couple of T10s, and I'm worried that the difference in success rate may make the T10 vs. t20 separation more striking/worrisome than the difference in biglaw/clerking.

Thanks in advance!
This is just word of mouth but I hear about 70% of students participate in OCI. General concensus is top 1/3rd of class gets biglaw. Of course, there are super smart people in school who go the PI route. So I'm not sure how you'd calculate it.

Source: I'm a student and I heard it word of mouth.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:03 pm

rion91 wrote:
180kickflip wrote:Anyone have any idea what BUs OCI success rate was last cycle?

I know LSN shows the biglaw/fed clerk %, but I'm trying to look closer and see what % of students who actually participated in OCI got offers. I'm considering BU and a couple of T10s, and I'm worried that the difference in success rate may make the T10 vs. t20 separation more striking/worrisome than the difference in biglaw/clerking.

Thanks in advance!
This is just word of mouth but I hear about 70% of students participate in OCI. General concensus is top 1/3rd of class gets biglaw. Of course, there are super smart people in school who go the PI route. So I'm not sure how you'd calculate it.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a ton of PI routers at BU for CO 2018?

monceau

Bronze

Post by monceau » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:56 pm

I'm pretty heavily leaning BU at this point. I'll be visiting next week so hopefully that seals the deal!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:58 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:
rion91 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Is it just me or does there seem to be a ton of PI routers at BU for CO 2018?
Yep, I think so too. I think some PI people will participate in OCI though, so there's crossover.

Drmrndaphd

New

Post by Drmrndaphd » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:26 pm

FYI BU bumped up my scholarship significantly by comparing offers with Vandy, BC, and Emory.

eastcoastisflat

New

Post by eastcoastisflat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Our admissions packet says tuition is due July 15th... If we are expecting to pay tuition with federal loan money, how does this work? I heard loans are not distributed until after classes start at the end of August.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:54 pm

eastcoastisflat wrote:Our admissions packet says tuition is due July 15th... If we are expecting to pay tuition with federal loan money, how does this work? I heard loans are not distributed until after classes start at the end of August.
basically just means you have to have all your loans set up in advance. they won't disburse til the first day of classes, but you just have to have all your chickens alined by July 15th

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

monceau

Bronze

Post by monceau » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Officially committed to BU! Where are you guys thinking of living? I keep seeing people post in the Facebook group about roommate stuff and it's stressing me out haha

FromMars

New

Post by FromMars » Mon May 02, 2016 10:34 am

monceau wrote:Officially committed to BU! Where are you guys thinking of living? I keep seeing people post in the Facebook group about roommate stuff and it's stressing me out haha
I was thinking of going through the school - like the 580 commonwealth apartments. I have my name on the waiting list for a studio, so am hoping to secure that. I hear Brighton and Alston are pretty fratty. Brookline and Coolidge Corner are some of the best spots if you want to avoid fratty.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:47 am

FromMars wrote:
monceau wrote:Officially committed to BU! Where are you guys thinking of living? I keep seeing people post in the Facebook group about roommate stuff and it's stressing me out haha
I was thinking of going through the school - like the 580 commonwealth apartments. I have my name on the waiting list for a studio, so am hoping to secure that. I hear Brighton and Alston are pretty fratty. Brookline and Coolidge Corner are some of the best spots if you want to avoid fratty.
What number are you on the waiting list? Last year there were 900 people for 24 spots. I think if you're somewhere around 200 or under you have a decent chance of getting it.

FromMars

New

Post by FromMars » Mon May 02, 2016 11:33 am

dasani13 wrote:
FromMars wrote:
What number are you on the waiting list? Last year there were 900 people for 24 spots. I think if you're somewhere around 200 or under you have a decent chance of getting it.
I guess I should come up with a plan B. They said they would contact me this month to let me know what the status is. I put my name down in March - does that mean my chances are pretty good?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:14 pm

FromMars wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
FromMars wrote:
I guess I should come up with a plan B. They said they would contact me this month to let me know what the status is. I put my name down in March - does that mean my chances are pretty good?
Hmm, usually people put down their names while they're applying (and current students also put their names throughout the year). You should email the guy who emailed you that (probably Sean) and ask about your place on the list. Definitely start looking for a back up plan, though. Housing in Boston sucks.

monceau

Bronze

Post by monceau » Mon May 02, 2016 1:00 pm

FromMars wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
FromMars wrote:
I just got an email back from Sean today and was told that I'm in the low 400s on the waitlist. I applied in early April fwiw. I should probably start looking elsewhere

FromMars

New

Post by FromMars » Mon May 02, 2016 3:12 pm

monceau wrote:
FromMars wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
FromMars wrote:
I just got an email back from Sean today and was told that I'm in the low 400s on the waitlist. I applied in early April fwiw. I should probably start looking elsewhere
Thanks! That's good to know. I'm going to explore other housing through BU, but I know it requires you to visit in person in those cases. I don't want a roommate during 1L because I get distracted easily. But I will get one if I have to I suppose.

eastcoastisflat

New

Post by eastcoastisflat » Mon May 23, 2016 10:45 am

I had a dream last night that I missed the 2nd deposit deadline... Paid the deposit this morning. Hello future classmates!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

monceau

Bronze

Post by monceau » Thu May 26, 2016 9:18 pm

eastcoastisflat wrote:I had a dream last night that I missed the 2nd deposit deadline... Paid the deposit this morning. Hello future classmates!!!
Yayyyy future Terriers. BU doesn't seem to have much of a TLS presence unfortunately

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:18 pm

monceau wrote:
eastcoastisflat wrote:I had a dream last night that I missed the 2nd deposit deadline... Paid the deposit this morning. Hello future classmates!!!
Yayyyy future Terriers. BU doesn't seem to have much of a TLS presence unfortunately
Yep, we're mostly all in the facebook groups. Ask a question in the admit group there or you can PM any of us currently at BU.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:25 am

rion91 wrote:
monceau wrote:
Yep, we're mostly all in the facebook groups. Ask a question in the admit group there or you can PM any of us currently at BU.
There's a ton of BU lurkers. I think posters are much fewer. But if there's any questions you have, the posters aren't hard to find.

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:44 am

For sure. People occasionally bring it up after class. "I read on TLS" etc. I've seen a few people surfing. Lurkers for sure.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

monceau

Bronze

Post by monceau » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:49 am

why is it that orientation is august 31 and september 2, but not september 1...?

mrdanoesq

New

Post by mrdanoesq » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:36 am

monceau wrote:why is it that orientation is august 31 and september 2, but not september 1...?
Saw an email somewhere that explained that a lot of students will be mving into their housing on Sept 1.

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Most leases start Sept 1st in Boston. You'll get to know that really quickly. :wink:

monceau

Bronze

Post by monceau » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:38 am

question for the 2/3Ls: would it be a bad idea/would i be missing out on a lot if i had a friend from home come visit over the long weekend between orientation and school?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”