Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-ioritis Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

How are you feeling???

Poor
39%
More poor
61%

Total votes: 23

JeanLucPicard

Bronze

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Post by JeanLucPicard » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:21 am

At this point, I care about as much as my senior high school students.

benwyatt

Platinum

Post by benwyatt » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 am

This day has so many meetings and none of them are worth my time

davey jones

Platinum

Post by davey jones » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:34 am

my legs are asleep from hiding in the bathroom i couldnt get up even if i wanted to
this is a medical emergency i will likely be taking a few sick days to recover.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:44 am

It's sad that you have to hide your TLS in this day and age. I TLS in public all the time, and my work understand and accepts it.

slippin_jimmy

Gold

Post by slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 am

The perks of having your own office = TLSing in peace.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MM722

New

Post by MM722 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:52 am

Checking in and can't wait until I can quit. I joined this forum just so I could post in this thread.

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Checking in; I'm getting married this summer and y'all can come as long as you all wear that mossy oak tux. Nothing says romance like a herd of camo wearing TLSers lurking in the trees. Also, usernames on the seating chart to protect anonymity.

zozo1717

Bronze

Post by zozo1717 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:09 pm

SlithyTove wrote:Checking in; I'm getting married this summer and y'all can come as long as you all wear that mossy oak tux. Nothing says romance like a herd of camo wearing TLSers lurking in the trees. Also, usernames on the seating chart to protect anonymity.
Congrats! I'm getting married this summer too :) Nothing like planning a wedding, planning a move, starting school all in couple of months!

ugg

Diamond

Post by ugg » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:12 pm

SlithyTove wrote:Checking in; I'm getting married this summer and y'all can come as long as you all wear that mossy oak tux. Nothing says romance like a herd of camo wearing TLSers lurking in the trees. Also, usernames on the seating chart to protect anonymity.
I'll b there

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:16 pm

zozo1717 wrote:
Congrats! I'm getting married this summer too :) Nothing like planning a wedding, planning a move, starting school all in couple of months!
Thanks, and congrats to you too! I know, it's going to be the craziest three months of my life. Especially since we're getting married 1,300 miles from where we currently live and are planning a road trip there in addition to somehow moving all of our stuff to another state entirely. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!

That honeymoon though...

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:21 pm

ugg wrote:
I'll b there
Damn, you RSVP'd faster than every single person in my family.

davey jones

Platinum

Post by davey jones » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:34 pm

SlithyTove wrote:
ugg wrote:
I'll b there
Damn, you RSVP'd faster than every single person in my family.
you underestimate her desperation

capricasixx

Silver

Post by capricasixx » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 pm

guybourdin wrote: Need to stop spending money like we're on two salaries now!
So much this. I don't know whether to buy all the new clothes and go out to eat every night and enjoy my adult salary while I still have it, or hoard the money and get used to being miserably poor again.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bronze

Post by 20171203 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Last edited by 20171203 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MM722

New

Post by MM722 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:55 pm

capricasixx wrote:
guybourdin wrote: Need to stop spending money like we're on two salaries now!
So much this. I don't know whether to buy all the new clothes and go out to eat every night and enjoy my adult salary while I still have it, or hoard the money and get used to being miserably poor again.
I can relate to this. I'm trying to save as much as possible, but I'm also booking a vacation and eating out constantly. Going back to the student life is going to be rough.

jtg21

Bronze

Post by jtg21 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:55 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:The perks of having your own office = TLSing in peace.
+180

GrandJC

New

Post by GrandJC » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:36 pm

thelincolnlawyer wrote:Checking in for sure. Will probably need to work until the first week of August because DC rent.
Literally me. Going to be working entire summer just so I can live.. :evil:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:38 pm

jtg21 wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:The perks of having your own office = TLSing in peace.
+180
I have an office with a door I can close for covert TLSing, and a window that I can stare out of for hours while not getting any work done. After watching the people in the Whole Foods parking lot across the street for months, I feel qualified to teach an introductory level sociology course.

capricasixx

Silver

Post by capricasixx » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:49 pm

GrandJC wrote:
thelincolnlawyer wrote:Checking in for sure. Will probably need to work until the first week of August because DC rent.
Literally me. Going to be working entire summer just so I can live.. :evil:
Me three. If I get into one of the schools here in the SF Bay Area I'll probably quit my job on a Friday and start school the following Monday. If I end up moving... that's gonna get complicated.

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Okay I know that tux is hideous but it's actually got a nice cut and I wouldn't be 100% ashamed to wear it at someone's wedding provided that I don't know anyone there, can talk in my deep Louisiana accent the entire time, and tell people my name is Greg Geautreaux.

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:27 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
Okay I know that tux is hideous but it's actually got a nice cut and I wouldn't be 100% ashamed to wear it at someone's wedding provided that I don't know anyone there, can talk in my deep Louisiana accent the entire time, and tell people my name is Greg Geautreaux.
The wedding's in Montana so you'd fit right in. Might even meet the future Mr/Mrs Geautreaux.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ugg

Diamond

Post by ugg » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:30 pm

attending any wedding within an 8 hour radius of Colorado this summer

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:44 pm

SlithyTove wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
The wedding's in Montana so you'd fit right in. Might even meet the future Mr/Mrs Geautreaux.
I'm having a tough time thinking of reasons to not do this at this point. Montana is fucking awesome.

capricasixx

Silver

Post by capricasixx » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:54 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
SlithyTove wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
I'm having a tough time thinking of reasons to not do this at this point. Montana is fucking awesome.
Okay I know I just met you guys but I'm concerned for your safety. Shouldn't the tuxes be orange so you don't get shot in the woods? (I've never been to Montana but I'm just assuming there are a few dozen hunters in any given woods at any given moment.)

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:01 pm

capricasixx wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
SlithyTove wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
Okay I know I just met you guys but I'm concerned for your safety. Shouldn't the tuxes be orange so you don't get shot in the woods? (I've never been to Montana but I'm just assuming there are a few dozen hunters in any given woods at any given moment.)
Nah, it's the drunk drivers you've really got to worry about. Come Friday and Saturday night, deep in the woods is the safest place to be.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”