Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-ioritis Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

How are you feeling???

Poor
39%
More poor
61%

Total votes: 23

jnwa

Silver

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Post by jnwa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Decided to be a little gunnery and start reading Getting to Maybe instead of working on a paper thats due today. So far ive learned that law school is all about forks.

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:37 pm

jnwa wrote:Decided to be a little gunnery and start reading Getting to Maybe instead of working on a paper thats due today. So far ive learned that law school is all about forks.
That book has been sitting on my nightstand and judging me as I read Star Wars books and Neil Stephenson novels, I might actually crack it open and read it sometime soon.

Bronze

Post by 20171203 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Last edited by 20171203 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zozo1717

Bronze

Post by zozo1717 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:39 pm

thelincolnlawyer wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
jnwa wrote:Decided to be a little gunnery and start reading Getting to Maybe instead of working on a paper thats due today. So far ive learned that law school is all about forks.
That book has been sitting on my nightstand and judging me as I read Star Wars books and Neil Stephenson novels, I might actually crack it open and read it sometime soon.
+1 but getting through A Song of Ice and Fire instead. Definitely want to read it by summer though.
I recently read 1L of a Ride - I thought it was pretty good. Good advice about how to prepare all year long (outlines, note taking, etc.)

Bronze

Post by 20171203 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:45 pm

Last edited by 20171203 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:49 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote: That book has been sitting on my nightstand and judging me as I read Star Wars books and Neil Stephenson novels, I might actually crack it open and read it sometime soon.
Ooh, what are you reading?

jumbo2016

Silver

Post by jumbo2016 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:11 pm

thelincolnlawyer wrote: This is on my Amazon wish list but I have not ordered it yet. I read Law School Confidential and listened to One L by Scott Turow towards the end of last summer, so I decided to chill out on what to expect type books for awhile after those. Might pick that up too if I get around to it.
Law School Confidential is the one that has been sitting on my desk judging me while I netflix binge

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:27 pm

schocolate wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote: That book has been sitting on my nightstand and judging me as I read Star Wars books and Neil Stephenson novels, I might actually crack it open and read it sometime soon.
I just finished Seveneves last night, it was the first of his that I'd ever read and now I'm obsessed. Any recommendations of what to read next?

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:37 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
schocolate wrote:
I just finished Seveneves last night, it was the first of his that I'd ever read and now I'm obsessed. Any recommendations of what to read next?
Snow Crash, definitely. It's one of my favorite books.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RedWhite&Blonde

Bronze

Post by RedWhite&Blonde » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:44 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:It's sad that you have to hide your TLS in this day and age. I TLS in public all the time, and my work understand and accepts it.
I'm blatantly on TLS in class.

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:44 pm

schocolate wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
schocolate wrote:
+1 I looooove Snow Crash. I've heard great things about Anathem too but haven't personally read it.

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:47 pm

jumbo2016 wrote:
thelincolnlawyer wrote: This is on my Amazon wish list but I have not ordered it yet. I read Law School Confidential and listened to One L by Scott Turow towards the end of last summer, so I decided to chill out on what to expect type books for awhile after those. Might pick that up too if I get around to it.
Law School Confidential is the one that has been sitting on my desk judging me while I netflix binge
I swear I'm going to read Sisters in Law, just as soon as I finish season 1 one of Better Call Saul. And House of Cards. And The West Wing.

Goddammit Netflix.

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:58 pm

SlithyTove wrote:
schocolate wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
schocolate wrote:
+1 I looooove Snow Crash. I've heard great things about Anathem too but haven't personally read it.
Awesome. I'm definitely ready for another one of his books, so I'll probably pick it up today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:58 pm

SlithyTove wrote:
schocolate wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
schocolate wrote:
I've only read Snow Crash and Cryptonomicon. Cryptonomicon was pretty good, but Snow Crash was amazing. Haven't read Anathem either, but I'll add it to my list!

JeanLucPicard

Bronze

Post by JeanLucPicard » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:04 pm

schocolate wrote:
SlithyTove wrote:
schocolate wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
schocolate wrote:
I've only read Snow Crash and Cryptonomicon. Cryptonomicon was pretty good, but Snow Crash was amazing. Haven't read Anathem either, but I'll add it to my list!
You should also look into David Mitchell's books like The Bone Clocks, Cloud Atlas, and Number9dream.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Any non-fiction readers? I've a huge David McCullough fan, almost finished with "The Path Between the Seas," one of my absolute favorites.

jtg21

Bronze

Post by jtg21 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 pm

SlithyTove wrote:
jumbo2016 wrote:
I swear I'm going to read Sisters in Law, just as soon as I finish season 1 one of Better Call Saul. And House of Cards. And The West Wing.

Goddammit Netflix.
True story. I am making a resolution to actually get through my reading list, which includes Sisters in Law........but S2 of Better Call Saul just started.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:13 pm

JeanLucPicard wrote: You should also look into David Mitchell's books like The Bone Clocks, Cloud Atlas, and Number9dream.
I loved David Mitchell until I read The Bone Clocks. Now I only really like him.

capricasixx

Silver

Post by capricasixx » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:17 pm

thelincolnlawyer wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
+1 but getting through A Song of Ice and Fire instead. Definitely want to read it by summer though.
My copy is literally arriving from Amazon today. Slacker book club?

jnwa

Silver

Post by jnwa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Soo many book readers in here. No wonder the sexing numbers are so low.

JeanLucPicard

Bronze

Post by JeanLucPicard » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:24 pm

schocolate wrote:
JeanLucPicard wrote: You should also look into David Mitchell's books like The Bone Clocks, Cloud Atlas, and Number9dream.
I loved David Mitchell until I read The Bone Clocks. Now I only really like him.
Haha, that's understandable. It wasn't my favorite novel, but I am still reeling from that gut punch of an ending.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

urbanist11

Silver

Post by urbanist11 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:25 pm

Checked out/checking in

Most likely moving in July. Really want to know where that will be.

McJimJam

Silver

Post by McJimJam » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Not sure if it's possible to neglect my work more so than I do now, but I will sure as hell try.

Checking in and all that.

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:32 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:Any non-fiction readers? I've a huge David McCullough fan, almost finished with "The Path Between the Seas," one of my absolute favorites.
I like nonfiction but I've definitely got to intersperse it with fiction to keep myself going. I've never read any David McCullough but I just looked up The Path Between the Seas and it looks really interesting, I may have to check it out.

I'm currently reading The Man Who Walked Through Time by Colin Fletcher in preparation for a backpacking trip into the Grand Canyon next month and This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein in preparation for feeling super guilty every time I buy anything. :wink:

SlithyTove

Bronze

Post by SlithyTove » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:33 pm

JeanLucPicard wrote:
schocolate wrote:
Haha, that's understandable. It wasn't my favorite novel, but I am still reeling from that gut punch of an ending.
This just made me realize that I got halfway through the Bone Clocks, put it down, and then completely forgot about it. Worth it to pick it back up more than a month later?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”