Illinois College of Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

When are you moving to Chambana?

Earlier than August 1st
No votes
August 1st-3rd
22%
August 4th-6th
11%
August 7th-9th
No votes
August 10th-12th
22%
August 13th-15th
44%
Later than August 15th
No votes

Total votes: 9

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Maybe a new poll about the neighborhoods / complexes people plan on living in / want to live in??

e.g. -
On Campus / Campustown
Savoy
The Village
75 Armory
Downtown Champaign
Downtown Urbana
Midtown
Hessel Park area

Hyper-Chicken

New

Post by Hyper-Chicken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Supercalifragilistic wrote:Maybe a new poll about the neighborhoods / complexes people plan on living in / want to live in??

e.g. -
On Campus / Campustown
Savoy
The Village
75 Armory
Downtown Champaign
Downtown Urbana
Midtown
Hessel Park area

Seconded!

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:35 pm

New poll is up

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Does anyone have housing suggestions? I was admitted late and I want to make sure I get a move on looking for apartments. Is there a common website used for finding a roommate?

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:37 pm

nisalurve wrote:Does anyone have housing suggestions? I was admitted late and I want to make sure I get a move on looking for apartments. Is there a common website used for finding a roommate?
Have you had a chance to join the FB group? I know a lot of current students at ASW said that they found their roommate via the FB group last year. Also on the admitted students website if you scroll to the section about housing you can pull up a document with reviews of popular places that students tend to live in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:08 pm

TheFutureElleWoods wrote:
nisalurve wrote:Does anyone have housing suggestions? I was admitted late and I want to make sure I get a move on looking for apartments. Is there a common website used for finding a roommate?
Have you had a chance to join the FB group? I know a lot of current students at ASW said that they found their roommate via the FB group last year. Also on the admitted students website if you scroll to the section about housing you can pull up a document with reviews of popular places that students tend to live in.
I don't think I've received anything about the student group yet. I got my initial acceptance email and that's it. Hopefully I hear more soon!

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Made a new poll.

middlewesterner

New

Post by middlewesterner » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:28 am

Can someone post a link to the facebook group? Not seeing it in any emails I've gotten from Admissions.

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:58 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:57 am

So has anyone else completely check out at work?

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:24 pm

bievmic wrote:So has anyone else completely check out at work?
DUH.

Except it's super busy right now so I actually have to do stuff. But every day is like.. WHY AM I HERE?!??

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Supercalifragilistic wrote:
DUH.

Except it's super busy right now so I actually have to do stuff. But every day is like.. WHY AM I HERE?!??
Saaaaame.
I work at a customer service counter at a grocery store. Yesterday a customer leaned over and spat their gum out at me. :(
I'm very tempted to say 'screw it' and walk out, but y'know, money and stuff.

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:36 pm

That gum thing makes me question my faith in humanity. I'm a manager at a retail store so I already don't do a lot of actual work, but I have to say I think I'm really pushing the boundaries of procrastination.
nisalurve wrote:
DUH.

Saaaaame.
I work at a customer service counter at a grocery store. Yesterday a customer leaned over and spat their gum out at me. :(
I'm very tempted to say 'screw it' and walk out, but y'know, money and stuff.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GrandJC

New

Post by GrandJC » Sun May 01, 2016 6:08 pm

TBH been checked out since I got accepted to the school :lol:

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Sun May 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Yeah I just don't know when to tell them I'm leaving. I feel like the longer I wait the more awkward it gets, but I don't want things to be weird for months either.

GrandJC

New

Post by GrandJC » Mon May 02, 2016 10:18 am

Well you should only have to give them a two weeks notice, theoretically. But my employer has known since my freshman year in undergrad that I was going to law school, so I am in a slightly different situation than you it sounds like.

JayCutlerYoloSwag

New

Post by JayCutlerYoloSwag » Mon May 02, 2016 3:54 pm

I actually got kinda lucky and had my hours scaled back at both work, and my internship. Only downside is I'm not really making much money now...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Mon May 02, 2016 9:25 pm

GrandJC wrote:Well you should only have to give them a two weeks notice, theoretically. But my employer has known since my freshman year in undergrad that I was going to law school, so I am in a slightly different situation than you it sounds like.
Yeah I just don't know when to tell them because I'm in management and when I got the job I didn't tell them I was thinking about going to law school because it was two years ago and I wasn't sure. I just get the feeling my boss will get really pissed because he's just that kind of guy (part of why I'm so excited to leave) so not really sure when to do it. It's going to be bad no matter what.

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Tue May 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Last edited by beardlaw on Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Tue May 03, 2016 8:42 pm

beardlaw wrote:Anyone yet to start the housing hunt? I've been slacking. I didn't get a good judgment of my prospects of getting campus housing after submitting my application from the person I spoke to on the phone and the lethargy from being bummed ensued. I spent a few hours earlier this week looking and it seems things aren't all too difficult to find -- some of the most highly recommended management companies still have rooms/apts available.

One has to decide about whether to go for easy comfort and security in the modern airport-chic apartments that'll run you up to 900 (in some cases, higher) per month or outside of the corporate confines and into something in the 400-600 per month range per person. Not really sure where I stand.
If you're planning to live alone then it doesn't really seem hard to find apartments. Most people have roommates to save money so it seems that there are plenty of them. When I went to sign my lease they showed me a list of the apartments available and the building I'm living in is less than half full this late.

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Fri May 06, 2016 12:41 pm

So when is everyone else quitting their job?I have to survive until the end of July.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Fri May 06, 2016 5:36 pm

bievmic wrote:So when is everyone else quitting their job?I have to survive until the end of July.
My last day is July 22! Let the countdown begin.

allthelawls

New

Post by allthelawls » Fri May 06, 2016 9:22 pm

beardlaw wrote:Anyone yet to start the housing hunt? I've been slacking. I didn't get a good judgment of my prospects of getting campus housing after submitting my application from the person I spoke to on the phone and the lethargy from being bummed ensued. I spent a few hours earlier this week looking and it seems things aren't all too difficult to find -- some of the most highly recommended management companies still have rooms/apts available.

One has to decide about whether to go for easy comfort and security in the modern airport-chic apartments that'll run you up to 900 (in some cases, higher) per month or outside of the corporate confines and into something in the 400-600 per month range per person. Not really sure where I stand.

If you haven't started looking for a place yet I suggest you start ASAP. Especially if you want a 1 bedroom, they go the quickest. Start calling around to the local leasing agents. You can ask for suggestions in the 2019 Facebook page, a bunch of 1L's are also in the group & we have tons of recommendations.

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Sat May 07, 2016 1:26 pm

bievmic wrote:So when is everyone else quitting their job?I have to survive until the end of July.
My last day is July 22! Let the countdown begin.
The sad part is that as soon as finals start we will all miss how simple work was.

GrandJC

New

Post by GrandJC » Tue May 10, 2016 7:17 am

June 17 :D definitely counting down the days.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”