Illinois College of Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

When are you moving to Chambana?

Earlier than August 1st
No votes
August 1st-3rd
22%
August 4th-6th
11%
August 7th-9th
No votes
August 10th-12th
22%
August 13th-15th
44%
Later than August 15th
No votes

Total votes: 9

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Supercalifragilistic wrote:Are you guys renting books/getting used books/or buying new??

I noticed for some of the books on Amazon, if you rent/get used, it says "access codes and supplements not guaranteed." Does this matter? Will we end up getting other brand supplements anyway?
It does not. You're fine renting books.

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:35 pm

beardlaw wrote:
Supercalifragilistic wrote:Are you guys renting books/getting used books/or buying new??

I noticed for some of the books on Amazon, if you rent/get used, it says "access codes and supplements not guaranteed." Does this matter? Will we end up getting other brand supplements anyway?

new ~ cost me around 400.
I ordered the books that had the casebook connect new.

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:

It does not. You're fine renting books.
thanks! ended up doing a combo of new/used/rent.

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Guys, we're so close!

Hyper-Chicken

New

Post by Hyper-Chicken » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:37 pm

We still have some open spots in the fantasy football league. It's going to be a good time. Join here: http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/184002

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Halfthaifullusa

New

Post by Halfthaifullusa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:50 pm

nisalurve wrote:Section C/5/v over here!
Haven't been on here in a bit, but same as this

Halfthaifullusa

New

Post by Halfthaifullusa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Kinda random but any weightlifters here? Curious about equipment at rec center or whatever facilities they have there available to students, how busy its gets, etc might consider getting membership elsewhere. Also want to get into olympic lifting wonder if there is somesort of club. I'm sure I can figure out soon enough but if anyone knows please share...

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:22 am

Halfthaifullusa wrote:Kinda random but any weightlifters here? Curious about equipment at rec center or whatever facilities they have there available to students, how busy its gets, etc might consider getting membership elsewhere. Also want to get into olympic lifting wonder if there is somesort of club. I'm sure I can figure out soon enough but if anyone knows please share...
The ARC is actually a really good facility (7-8 benches, 4 squat/pull racks, 2 deadlift platforms, free weights, 2 smith machines-it's pretty big), though it does get busy in the early AM and later PM. I always found the best time to go was around 10:30a, but you won't always be able to do that (at least not during your first year). Not sure I'd recommend a membership elsewhere b/c the ARC is more than enough for what you want to do. Not sure of any clubs, but I'm sure a quick Google search of the area would help.

Halfthaifullusa

New

Post by Halfthaifullusa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
Halfthaifullusa wrote:Kinda random but any weightlifters here? Curious about equipment at rec center or whatever facilities they have there available to students, how busy its gets, etc might consider getting membership elsewhere. Also want to get into olympic lifting wonder if there is somesort of club. I'm sure I can figure out soon enough but if anyone knows please share...
The ARC is actually a really good facility (7-8 benches, 4 squat/pull racks, 2 deadlift platforms, free weights, 2 smith machines-it's pretty big), though it does get busy in the early AM and later PM. I always found the best time to go was around 10:30a, but you won't always be able to do that (at least not during your first year). Not sure I'd recommend a membership elsewhere b/c the ARC is more than enough for what you want to do. Not sure of any clubs, but I'm sure a quick Google search of the area would help.
Great info, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Halfthaifullusa wrote:
nisalurve wrote:Section C/5/v over here!
Haven't been on here in a bit, but same as this
Awesome, I look forward to meeting you!

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:38 pm

hey guys, is there anything we need to read FOR orientation?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”