Illinois College of Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

When are you moving to Chambana?

Earlier than August 1st
No votes
August 1st-3rd
22%
August 4th-6th
11%
August 7th-9th
No votes
August 10th-12th
22%
August 13th-15th
44%
Later than August 15th
No votes

Total votes: 9

illini2013

New

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Post by illini2013 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:32 am

Yeah, I have a macbook and majority of students do. IT makes sure everyone is up to date before finals start. Only recommendation is that you don't use an old laptop. Don't want issues to happen during finals. This actually happened to one of my classmates 1L during finals where their computer crashed in the middle of it

Hyper-Chicken

New

Post by Hyper-Chicken » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:18 am

New to the forum.

Who is going on Friday to admitted students day?

I will be driving down from Chicago that morning.

brgtvnhsmrk

New

Post by brgtvnhsmrk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:23 am

Anyone bringing a guest to ASD? My dad went to U of I for undergrad and really wants to visit with me on Friday, but I don't want him to feel out of place if no one else is bringing a parent or a significant other :?

FreeTheChief

New

Post by FreeTheChief » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 pm

brgtvnhsmrk wrote:Anyone bringing a guest to ASD? My dad went to U of I for undergrad and really wants to visit with me on Friday, but I don't want him to feel out of place if no one else is bringing a parent or a significant other :?
Hey, my Dad is the exact same and went there too. I'm not bringing him though, and will do stuff with him around the University the next day. I was going to take him on a tour, but since I'm doing ASD instead decided it might be best if I go alone. Up to you though I think plenty of people bring a guest, and you need to do what makes you feel most comfortable. :D

FreeTheChief

New

Post by FreeTheChief » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Also, I have officially committed and am looking for housing. Anyone know of any good 1bdr or studio apartment complexes near armory street area? I'd like to walk to class if possible, and the places in downtown Champaign seemed equally as expensive as housing closer to the law school. If anyone who went there/is going could pm me details about certain complexes I'd greatly appreciate it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:59 pm

FreeTheChief wrote:Also, I have officially committed and am looking for housing. Anyone know of any good 1bdr or studio apartment complexes near armory street area? I'd like to walk to class if possible, and the places in downtown Champaign seemed equally as expensive as housing closer to the law school. If anyone who went there/is going could pm me details about certain complexes I'd greatly appreciate it.
+1

Thoughts on if this is too close to the ramble of undergrads?? http://www.roland-realty.com/908-s-first2.html

FreeTheChief

New

Post by FreeTheChief » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Supercalifragilistic wrote:
FreeTheChief wrote:Also, I have officially committed and am looking for housing. Anyone know of any good 1bdr or studio apartment complexes near armory street area? I'd like to walk to class if possible, and the places in downtown Champaign seemed equally as expensive as housing closer to the law school. If anyone who went there/is going could pm me details about certain complexes I'd greatly appreciate it.
+1

Thoughts on if this is too close to the ramble of undergrads?? http://www.roland-realty.com/908-s-first2.html
Depends on what you're comfortable with. It seems pretty far from Green St. so that's good, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's near some Greek houses. Sweet place though, kinda expensive.

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:09 pm

:lol:
brgtvnhsmrk wrote:Anyone bringing a guest to ASD? My dad went to U of I for undergrad and really wants to visit with me on Friday, but I don't want him to feel out of place if no one else is bringing a parent or a significant other :?
1L here, I brought my fiancee to ASD, it wasn't a problem. Several people brought their parents, it wasn't a big deal. I recommend you go to the event in downtown that night, idk if you'd want to bring him to that though.

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Not 'in' yet but this thread is more alive than the applicants one. I'm worried about not hearing back before the deposit deadline but that's my fault for applying late.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:57 pm

nisalurve wrote:Not 'in' yet but this thread is more alive than the applicants one. I'm worried about not hearing back before the deposit deadline but that's my fault for applying late.
Have you called them and asked them if they're expecting to have a decision by then? I don't see why they would accept anyone after the first deposit deadline unless they were willing to make an exception.

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:54 am

bievmic wrote:
nisalurve wrote:Not 'in' yet but this thread is more alive than the applicants one. I'm worried about not hearing back before the deposit deadline but that's my fault for applying late.
Have you called them and asked them if they're expecting to have a decision by then? I don't see why they would accept anyone after the first deposit deadline unless they were willing to make an exception.
I haven't. I didn't know if it would be frowned upon or not. From what I've gathered from lsn it seems like they're just painfully slow but people do get accepted. I applied on March 1 and went complete on the 2 so I was hoping they would have things figured out..

GrandJC

New

Post by GrandJC » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 am

nisalurve wrote:
bievmic wrote:
I haven't. I didn't know if it would be frowned upon or not. From what I've gathered from lsn it seems like they're just painfully slow but people do get accepted. I applied on March 1 and went complete on the 2 so I was hoping they would have things figured out..
I think the school has things figured out...

A lot of acceptances went out prior to that date, so at this point I would think that if you haven't gotten rejected yet, then they are just waiting to see how many people put down a deposit. I could be wrong, but you did apply late in the cycle so I wouldn't expect anything other than a painfully slow response.

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:54 am

FreeTheChief wrote:
+1

Depends on what you're comfortable with. It seems pretty far from Green St. so that's good, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's near some Greek houses. Sweet place though, kinda expensive.
Thanks, yeah I saw a few different options in that area, some for cheaper. I really like the idea of being close the law building and gym, but we'll see. It will be a relief when this is all figured out and I can start stressing about something else :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Found a map of all the fraternity housing at UIUC. Thought this was super helpful re: areas to avoid.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... c&hl=en_US

FreeTheChief

New

Post by FreeTheChief » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:19 am

FreeTheChief wrote:
+1

I really like the idea of being close the law building and gym, but we'll see. It will be a relief when this is all figured out and I can start stressing about something else :lol:
Are you me? Literally my 2 criteria for an apartment. Best of luck to you in your search.

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:17 am

Deposited! It's getting REAL!

illini2013

New

Post by illini2013 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:39 pm

FreeTheChief wrote:
Hey, my Dad is the exact same and went there too. I'm not bringing him though, and will do stuff with him around the University the next day. I was going to take him on a tour, but since I'm doing ASD instead decided it might be best if I go alone. Up to you though I think plenty of people bring a guest, and you need to do what makes you feel most comfortable. :D
Not weird to bring your dad to the school. But if you go downtown on Friday night, which you should, don't bring your dad to that. I think that would be weird then.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JayCutlerYoloSwag

New

Post by JayCutlerYoloSwag » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:46 pm

Officially committing to UIUC. Anyone looking to live at 75 armory? Seemed pretty nice.

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Just Deposited!!! Can't wait to see you all in the fall

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Signed my apartment lease today. Getting excited for August.
Last edited by bievmic on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper-Chicken

New

Post by Hyper-Chicken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:28 am

Deposit down. Now I am applying for student housing. What what!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hyper-Chicken

New

Post by Hyper-Chicken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:28 am

Who is going to the workshop on Friday?

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Hyper-Chicken wrote:Deposit down. Now I am applying for student housing. What what!
On campus?

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Hyper-Chicken wrote:Who is going to the workshop on Friday?
I think I'm gonna go!

Hyper-Chicken

New

Post by Hyper-Chicken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Hyper-Chicken wrote:Deposit down. Now I am applying for student housing. What what!
On campus?
Yeah. They have 1 Bedroom APTs for $700 furnished, and $640 unfurnished.

I will still keep my apartment in Chicago, so the student apartments allow me to do a 9-month lease.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”