Illinois College of Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

When are you moving to Chambana?

Earlier than August 1st
No votes
August 1st-3rd
22%
August 4th-6th
11%
August 7th-9th
No votes
August 10th-12th
22%
August 13th-15th
44%
Later than August 15th
No votes

Total votes: 9

beardlaw

New

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Post by beardlaw » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:52 am

thanks bievmic and Chardee for answering so many of my questions over the past few weeks! And to the futureellewoods, was tots joking re carpooling, incase you were worrying about the prospect of turning me down.

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:44 am

beardlaw wrote:thanks bievmic and Chardee for answering so many of my questions over the past few weeks! And to the futureellewoods, was tots joking re carpooling, incase you were worrying about the prospect of turning me down.
Lol Beardlaw - I assumed you were joking so no worrying over here.

Though if someone did live in a complex that was on my way to school I wouldn't have a problem giving them a ride as long as they were fine with listening to the soundtrack to Hamilton as I've recently become obsessed

GrandJC

New

Post by GrandJC » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:59 am

Does anyone know if we are suppose to receive some kind of confirmation upon getting a parking permit? I was able to get one but haven't received any emails or anything and was told that there is no physical permit, they just go by license plate.

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:43 pm

GrandJC wrote:Does anyone know if we are suppose to receive some kind of confirmation upon getting a parking permit? I was able to get one but haven't received any emails or anything and was told that there is no physical permit, they just go by license plate.
I thought that was weird too. I didn't recieve an email confirmation or anything either. However I'm sure you could check on the parking website. You can manage your account on there.

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:01 pm

I got an email confirmation but only because I asked for one. Don't worry if when you login and see your permit in your account it doesn't mention E15 or the specific lot, because mine doesn't either, but the email confirmation I got does.

With parking out of the way, the countdown to section assignments begins!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:50 am

The Orientation Schedule is here!!! It was just posted in the FB group. Here is the link for those of you not on FB.

https://www.law.illinois.edu/content/Or ... Agenda.pdf

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Hey guys I just checked and wet have access to the intranet now. It's in the upper corner of the law school web page. Just thought I would let you know just in case any one is crazy like me and wants to see old exams already :P

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:52 pm

bievmic wrote:Hey guys I just checked and wet have access to the intranet now. It's in the upper corner of the law school web page. Just thought I would let you know just in case any one is crazy like me and wants to see old exams already :P
EDIT: not a lot of first year 1L exams posted, although its all good I'm sure they'll be provided later. I still haven't read GTM... everyone is telling me to do it at least once before school starts, my gf included (she's a 2L).
Last edited by beardlaw on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:20 pm

bievmic wrote:Hey guys I just checked and wet have access to the intranet now. It's in the upper corner of the law school web page. Just thought I would let you know just in case any one is crazy like me and wants to see old exams already :P
Thanks for pointing this out! I'm not really going to worry myself with the exams right now, but it's nice to look at a syllabus!

Also, does anyone know if our fees include use of the ARC (UIUC's gym) & if it does, when we can start using it? I'm moving into Champaign on the 15th and I would really like to get a workout routine going.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:14 pm

nisalurve wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out! I'm not really going to worry myself with the exams right now, but it's nice to look at a syllabus!

Also, does anyone know if our fees include use of the ARC (UIUC's gym) & if it does, when we can start using it? I'm moving into Champaign on the 15th and I would really like to get a workout routine going.
Yes, you can use the ARC and CRCE (and any other facility). You can start going as soon as you get your ID.

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:59 pm

any guesses for when section assignments will arrive this week?

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:50 pm

beardlaw wrote:any guesses for when section assignments will arrive this week?

I vote tomorrow

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:53 pm

TheFutureElleWoods wrote:

I vote tomorrow

Do you have a preference for a section, based on the collection of classes it includes? Id like to take civ pro first semester, instead of crim, but not sure why. other than that, I'm not sure I care in particular which section I'm in, as far as the classes are concerned.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:25 pm

beardlaw wrote:

I vote tomorrow

Do you have a preference for a section, based on the collection of classes it includes? Id like to take civ pro first semester, instead of crim, but not sure why. other than that, I'm not sure I care in particular which section I'm in, as far as the classes are concerned.
FWIW, this matters less than which professor you have for a particular class

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:43 pm

wait, you don't mean to suggest that not all 1L professors are absolutely and equally as fabulous as each other?!?!!??!?!?

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:22 pm

I vote tomorrow
Want it to be tomorrow, thinking it's going to be Wednesday though. They want to torture us an extra day ;)

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:17 am

nisalurve wrote:

I vote tomorrow
Want it to be tomorrow, thinking it's going to be Wednesday though. They want to torture us an extra day ;)
Tortured is such an appropriate word for how I feel each time I check my email.

Beardlaw - to respond to your question.... I'm hoping to be in section B or C because I really liked the Contracts prof. during ASW. Also I have my fingers crossed for Crim Law. I feel like Criminal Law is the quintessential law school class and so I would love to start the year with it. Though honestly at the end of the day id be fine with anything as long as it's not section iii - having class till 6:50pm is not my cup of tea.

I cannot believe the summer is almost over! We're getting so close.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:03 pm

The wait is killing me. Anybody have thoughts on having people from the same section in your study group?

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

nisalurve wrote:

I vote tomorrow
Tortured is such an appropriate word for how I feel each time I check my email.

Beardlaw - to respond to your question.... I'm hoping to be in section B or C because I really liked the Contracts prof. during ASW. Also I have my fingers crossed for Crim Law. I feel like Criminal Law is the quintessential law school class and so I would love to start the year with it. Though honestly at the end of the day id be fine with anything as long as it's not section iii - having class till 6:50pm is not my cup of tea.

I cannot believe the summer is almost over! We're getting so close.
I really want to have Criminal Law as well; I'm really interested in it. Where did you find information about specific class times? I'm lame and can't seem to find it anywhere. I wouldn't mind having class so late, it would motivate me to stay on campus and get things done. I'm not someone that works well at home, I'll just lay on my bed watching Netflix as the days go by, haha.

I can't wait to move. Super excited. Terrified, but excited. I can't wait to go school supply shopping haha. Gotta get them highlighters!

beardlaw

New

Post by beardlaw » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:08 pm

dear admissions, I know you are watching. We are dying. To know our section assignments. IF, if you CAN let us know today, because you yourself know (they have been decided), it would be absolutely marvelous for this pain of waiting to cease.

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Super tight to see everyone so excited.

Protip: Pump the brakes on buying a million highlighters and post-it notes. There are these legal research services called Westlaw and LexisNexis which give out free supplies emblazoned with their logo.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bievmic

New

Post by bievmic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:16 pm

Finally the wait is over

Hyper-Chicken

New

Post by Hyper-Chicken » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Section B/Small Section 4/Legal Writing and Analysis Section iv over here!

nisalurve

New

Post by nisalurve » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Section C/5/v over here!

TheFutureElleWoods

New

Post by TheFutureElleWoods » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:38 pm

Hyper-Chicken wrote:Section B/Small Section 4/Legal Writing and Analysis Section iv over here!
Exact same!!!

#sectionbuddies

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”