Penn Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
slizerd

Gold

Re: Penn Law Class of 2019

Post by slizerd » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 am

zyxwvut2 wrote:
penn19 wrote:
Same--I'm so ready to be a student again after 2 years of working. Also, want to get #swagged out at the Penn Law store lmao.
except the store is weak af. like you could deck out your entire family, home office and kitchen in UVA law stuff but Penn you can choose from two designs on like a hoodie or a tee? C'mon. :|
And I forgot how expensive college gear is :shock: on my last visit I went into the bookstore to buy all sorts of Penn swag...left with a keychain :lol:

gobears!!

Gold

Post by gobears!! » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:03 pm

kennethparcell wrote:
gobears!! wrote:
kennethparcell wrote:
gobears!! wrote:Contemplating sending a scholarship email to the scholarship email account. How long has it taken them to acknowledge emails when you send to that address?
I usually got a response within an hour or two, though one time I didn't hear back for a few days. I got a response shortly after I sent a follow-up email, though
Thank you! Just gauging my timeframe so this is good to know.
I would recommend asking in your email to set up a time to speak to someone. They didn't really give me clear answers via email, but they did immediately when I was on the phone
Thanks for the tip!

Tom_Haverford

New

Post by Tom_Haverford » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Do any 2Ls/3Ls/Philadelphians have any recommendations on where to buy furniture for unfurnished apartments?

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Last edited by scandk on Fri May 06, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun May 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Tom_Haverford wrote:Do any 2Ls/3Ls/Philadelphians have any recommendations on where to buy furniture for unfurnished apartments?
There is an IKEA in south philly. Theres also a solid furniture store just west of 40th st on Market.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Mon May 02, 2016 9:54 am

OP here. I was admitted but elected not to attend Penn - on my visit, I was given a "Penn Law" keychain which I'd be happy to pass along to someone who is matriculating. It's nothing fancy at all, but something cool to have. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Also, if you're feeling generous, I'd love to trade for a Northwestern Moleskine :lol:

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:08 am

James.K.Polk wrote:OP here. I was admitted but elected not to attend Penn - on my visit, I was given a "Penn Law" keychain which I'd be happy to pass along to someone who is matriculating. It's nothing fancy at all, but something cool to have. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Also, if you're feeling generous, I'd love to trade for a Northwestern Moleskine :lol:
I'll have to triple check when I get home that I didn't get too excited with spring cleaning, but I'm pretty sure I thought it was too nice to toss. If I still have it you're welcome to it :)

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Mon May 02, 2016 12:01 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:OP here. I was admitted but elected not to attend Penn - on my visit, I was given a "Penn Law" keychain which I'd be happy to pass along to someone who is matriculating. It's nothing fancy at all, but something cool to have. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'll have to triple check when I get home that I didn't get too excited with spring cleaning, but I'm pretty sure I thought it was too nice to toss. If I still have it you're welcome to it :)
Want to trade?

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:26 am

I'm PennKey official! Shiz gettin rulllll up in hurr.

ETA: Just registered for my email too. Squee.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:33 am

penn19 wrote:I'm PennKey official! Shiz gettin rulllll up in hurr.

I was dying over the options, torn between the hilarious alphabet soup combos and just my boring name :lol:

SO EXCITED.

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 am

zyxwvut2 wrote:

I was dying over the options, torn between the hilarious alphabet soup combos and just my boring name :lol:

SO EXCITED.
Lmao, SAME. Opted to go for the generic firstnamelastname@pennlaw.upenn.edu. Now I just have to wait 24 hours for my email account to be created >.< Can we get our schedules already? :p

Maybe I should figure out housing first doe.

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:38 am

penn19 wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:

SO EXCITED.
Lmao, SAME. Opted to go for the generic firstnamelastname@pennlaw.upenn.edu. Now I just have to wait 24 hours for my email account to be created >.< Can we get our schedules already? :p

housing I've resigned myself to waiting until June... sidenote are you in the fb group? a 3L is asking someone to take over her lease for her in June... like who are you. nobody wants that.

and re: schedules, I did some stalking and sections came out on August 19th both last year and the year before, so we've got some waiting to do

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:41 am

zyxwvut2 wrote:
penn19 wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:

SO EXCITED.

sidenote are you in the fb group? a 3L is asking someone to take over her lease for her in June... like who are you. nobody wants that.
LMAO yes. #ded. Though I was tempted at first because it's cheaper than the place I'm looking at now. But still no.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pdevastey

New

Post by pdevastey » Wed May 04, 2016 11:05 am

Im about to get a place in rittenhouse. move in sept 1st though. You guys looking at west philly?

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:46 am

pdevastey wrote:Im about to get a place in rittenhouse. move in sept 1st though. You guys looking at west philly?
I stayed in west philly during ASW....so no. haha rittenhouse is the goal, but I'm trying to keep it below 1200 so I may be like rittenhouse-adjacent in the no-man's land between neighborhoods

pdevastey

New

Post by pdevastey » Wed May 04, 2016 12:05 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote:
pdevastey wrote:Im about to get a place in rittenhouse. move in sept 1st though. You guys looking at west philly?
I stayed in west philly during ASW....so no. haha rittenhouse is the goal, but I'm trying to keep it below 1200 so I may be like rittenhouse-adjacent in the no-man's land between neighborhoods
Northern liberties or south philly are cheap and nice as long as you are okay with taking the train. I would live as close as possible to the stations just for ease of life.

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Wed May 04, 2016 12:51 pm

when do we apply for PLUS loans? The application is open on the gov student loans site, should I go ahead and do it now?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:25 pm

slizerd wrote:when do we apply for PLUS loans? The application is open on the gov student loans site, should I go ahead and do it now?
Deadline is June 1st per the financial aid counseling thing: https://planningprod.overturecorp.com/g ... on/usr/law

I believe I read somewhere that that didn't recommending starting before May 1, so in the next few weeks I'm planning on diving in :shock:

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Wed May 04, 2016 1:34 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote:
slizerd wrote:when do we apply for PLUS loans? The application is open on the gov student loans site, should I go ahead and do it now?
Deadline is June 1st per the financial aid counseling thing: https://planningprod.overturecorp.com/g ... on/usr/law

I believe I read somewhere that that didn't recommending starting before May 1, so in the next few weeks I'm planning on diving in :shock:
Ah, thanks! I guess I'll use my free time this week to begin the terrifying process of amassing debt :shock:

pdevastey

New

Post by pdevastey » Wed May 04, 2016 1:52 pm

are you guys going grad plus or private?

Biglaw1990

Bronze

Post by Biglaw1990 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:58 pm

How long before orientation are you guys planning to move to Philly? I'm thinking about moving around August 15th, so I can get acquainted with Philly.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:00 pm

pdevastey wrote:are you guys going grad plus or private?
grad plus this year, probably private if after 1L grades I have more confidence in jobs plans, etc

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:02 pm

Biglaw1990 wrote:How long before orientation are you guys planning to move to Philly? I'm thinking about moving around August 15th, so I can get acquainted with Philly.
+1 for 8/15 if I can. Otherwise lease starting 8/1 and move somewhere around 8/15-8/20

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Wed May 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Biglaw1990 wrote:How long before orientation are you guys planning to move to Philly? I'm thinking about moving around August 15th, so I can get acquainted with Philly.
I would've like to move in around August 1st, but the lease for the place I ended up with starts August 22nd :/ at least I still have around a week to do all the touristy things!

pdevastey

New

Post by pdevastey » Wed May 04, 2016 3:45 pm

currently living here. I wish i could do some tourist stuff in a new city haha

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”