Penn Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
norton123

New

Re: Penn Law Class of 2019

Post by norton123 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:33 am

penn19 wrote:
gobears!! wrote:Still love Penn and just committed anyway!!
Same! See you there :) Interested to see what this "public interest fellows program" thing is all about...
What's the public interest fellows program? Did they mention that in the Toll ding email?

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:07 pm

norton123 wrote:
penn19 wrote:
gobears!! wrote:Still love Penn and just committed anyway!!
Same! See you there :) Interested to see what this "public interest fellows program" thing is all about...
What's the public interest fellows program? Did they mention that in the Toll ding email?
Yeah, here's what they said:

"We sincerely hope that you will still join the Penn Law community, where you can be an active member of our public interest community. In fact, you will have the opportunity to join the inaugural public interest fellows program that will launch this fall - offering you access to the advising and activities of the Toll Public Interest Center, a peer mentoring network, programming and support throughout your time at Penn Law, and guaranteed summer funding for public interest summer work."

Dreamerskemer

New

Post by Dreamerskemer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:20 pm

ih8makingscreennames wrote:
desperateforanswer wrote:Do you mind sharing when and how you were notified? I sent in a request last week with offers I have from other schools and still haven't heard anything and initially received no scholarship even though my numbers are great. Thinking about calling as I definitely want UPenn and am just waiting on the answer about money.
I emailed the scholarships email Monday or Tuesday and got an email back this morning saying that if that amount is sufficient they'd process it.
I called today and they were very friendly. Gave me an answer over the phone. Got some $$. I recommend you simply call them today.

ih8makingscreennames

Bronze

Post by ih8makingscreennames » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Dreamerskemer wrote:
desperateforanswer wrote:Do you mind sharing when and how you were notified? I sent in a request last week with offers I have from other schools and still haven't heard anything and initially received no scholarship even though my numbers are great. Thinking about calling as I definitely want UPenn and am just waiting on the answer about money.
I emailed the scholarships email Monday or Tuesday and got an email back this morning saying that if that amount is sufficient they'd process it.
I called today and they were very friendly. Gave me an answer over the phone. Got some $$. I recommend you simply call them today.
It's really fine, I was negotiating up from $$.

pdevastey

New

Post by pdevastey » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:58 pm

They said this monday... no point in trying to ask for more money anymore right? not even need based or something :(

"This message is in reference to your correspondence with the Penn Law Financial Aid Office. Thank you for your continued interest in Penn Law School. We appreciate your keeping us updated as you go through your decision making process. Unfortunately, the Merit Scholarship Committee is not in a position to extend to you a scholarship at this time. While we are unable to offer you a scholarship, we remain excited about the possibility of you joining Penn Law as a member of the class of 2019. If you have any questions about this decision, please feel free to contact us as you move forward through this process."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Dreamerskemer wrote:
+3 (?) Just got off the phone with them and got a bump. Enough of a bump to make me deposit today :mrgreen:

pdevastey

New

Post by pdevastey » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:30 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote:
Dreamerskemer wrote:
+3 (?) Just got off the phone with them and got a bump. Enough of a bump to make me deposit today :mrgreen:
what number did you call? was it admissions or financial aid?

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:22 pm

pdevastey wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:
Dreamerskemer wrote:
what number did you call? was it admissions or financial aid?
I sent an email this morning and they called me, I would guess it was the financial aid office number.

desperateforanswer

New

Post by desperateforanswer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks for the advice! I called Thursday morning and received an email from them within an hour that I'd received a scholarship!!!! I'm all in!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

desperateforanswer

New

Post by desperateforanswer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Thanks for the advice! I called Thursday morning and received an email from them within an hour that I'd received a scholarship!!!! I'm all in!

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Hey y'all, do we get some kind of confirmation email once they receive our seat deposit?

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:11 pm

penn19 wrote:Hey y'all, do we get some kind of confirmation email once they receive our seat deposit?
It shows up on the status checker as received.

As far as I can tell that's it though

ETA: Just got an email confirmation
Last edited by zyxwvut2 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:14 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote:
penn19 wrote:Hey y'all, do we get some kind of confirmation email once they receive our seat deposit?

Ah gotcha, thanks! :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:45 pm

penn19 wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:

I got a confirmation email about 10 days after I sent mine, if that helps

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:52 pm

slizerd wrote:
penn19 wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:

I got a confirmation email about 10 days after I sent mine, if that helps
Okay, cool, thanks. Excited to meet errbody! Is it weird that I'm really excited to get my official Penn Law email for some reason? :p

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:08 pm

penn19 wrote:
Okay, cool, thanks. Excited to meet errbody! Is it weird that I'm really excited to get my official Penn Law email for some reason? :p
Omg. I was stalking the IT website for email access info the day I mailed the check. I want all of the details and all of the access NOW! :P

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:10 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote:
penn19 wrote:
Omg. I was stalking the IT website for email access info the day I mailed the check. I want all of the details and all of the access NOW! :P
LOL I was just doing that. :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:52 pm

penn19 wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:
penn19 wrote:
I'm wishing we aready had section numbers and class schedules :shock: I am waayyy too excited to be there already lol

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:52 am

Promo: TLS Class of 2019: Destinations http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=262568

penn19

New

Post by penn19 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:05 am

slizerd wrote:
penn19 wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:
penn19 wrote:
I'm wishing we aready had section numbers and class schedules :shock: I am waayyy too excited to be there already lol
Same--I'm so ready to be a student again after 2 years of working. Also, want to get #swagged out at the Penn Law store lmao.

gobears!!

Gold

Post by gobears!! » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:58 am

Contemplating sending a scholarship email to the scholarship email account. How long has it taken them to acknowledge emails when you send to that address?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kennethparcell

New

Post by kennethparcell » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:05 am

gobears!! wrote:Contemplating sending a scholarship email to the scholarship email account. How long has it taken them to acknowledge emails when you send to that address?
I usually got a response within an hour or two, though one time I didn't hear back for a few days. I got a response shortly after I sent a follow-up email, though

gobears!!

Gold

Post by gobears!! » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:07 am

kennethparcell wrote:
gobears!! wrote:Contemplating sending a scholarship email to the scholarship email account. How long has it taken them to acknowledge emails when you send to that address?
I usually got a response within an hour or two, though one time I didn't hear back for a few days. I got a response shortly after I sent a follow-up email, though
Thank you! Just gauging my timeframe so this is good to know.

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:09 am

penn19 wrote:
slizerd wrote:
penn19 wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:
penn19 wrote:
Same--I'm so ready to be a student again after 2 years of working. Also, want to get #swagged out at the Penn Law store lmao.
except the store is weak af. like you could deck out your entire family, home office and kitchen in UVA law stuff but Penn you can choose from two designs on like a hoodie or a tee? C'mon. :|

kennethparcell

New

Post by kennethparcell » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:09 am

gobears!! wrote:
kennethparcell wrote:
Thank you! Just gauging my timeframe so this is good to know.
I would recommend asking in your email to set up a time to speak to someone. They didn't really give me clear answers via email, but they did immediately when I was on the phone

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”