Northwestern Pritzker Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Will you be attending ASW (April 1st & 2nd)?

Yes, see you there!
42%
Maybe, I'm not sure yet.
2%
No, I won't be attending.
33%
No, I've already visited/scheduled an alternate visit.
23%

Total votes: 43

southsider

New

Re: Northwestern Pritzker Law Class of 2019

Post by southsider » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Checking in--really excited for this fall! I've been living in Chicago for a few years now, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to message me. Would also be interested in meeting up with anyone for drinks/coffee when you get in town!

purinpurin710

New

Post by purinpurin710 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Quick question - I received an email act loans package info(though I didn't apply for loans at all) and it said that financial aid package will be available in July.

Does this "financial aid package" also include scholarships? And does anyone know when would the scholarship come to our accounts or will the scholarship number be directly deducted from the tuition number?

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Wipfelder wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:My husband and I are currently applying to an apartment in Streeterville. I can't imagine why we wouldn't get it. So excited but also nervous about everything. I wish moving wasn't stressful, it's going to be especially bad since we have cats.
I moved with two cats as well! It's never quite as stressful as you're anticipating though! Good luck!
Thanks, glad to know it wasn't as bad as you imagined. I really hope it won't be too bad for us. We're going to have to take them on a plane as our carry on. Plane travel is already stressful I just worry that it will be even worse with cats. We've looked into how to do it and it seems that you don't feed them before the trip, you only give them water so then they won't poop on the plane from stress or the fact that they won't have a litter box. There are flight approved cat carriers that are liquid proof.

Also we got our apartment. Good luck to all the other apartment hunters and people moving soon.

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:23 pm

EvergreenStateLady wrote: Thanks, glad to know it wasn't as bad as you imagined.
We had a ten-hour one-way flight to CHI, and our cats did fine. I think their instincts kick in and they go sorta comatose.

southsider

New

Post by southsider » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Last time I moved, we had to hire two vet techs to come to our apartment and forcibly capture our two cats and put them in the carrier (they refuse to eat any sedating medication and are former street cats, so do not take kindly to carriers). One of my cats ended up having to be detached from the window valance she had leapt and dug her claws into. So take heart, it could be worse!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nemrac11

New

Post by nemrac11 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:44 pm

A friend of mine resigned her lease at the Seneca (2 blocks north of the law school) but was transferred out of state for work. She's looking for someone to sublease her apartment from 8/1/16 until 8/26/16. Rent is $1851/mo for a 660 sq ft 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. She's willing to cover rent for one month for anyone who subleases the apartment. I currently live in the same building and would be happy to answer any questions about it. PM me if interested.

AnonymousPython

New

Post by AnonymousPython » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Just had a marathon day of touring apts from River North up to Lake View, and curious if anyone has any input on the following buildings which are at the top of my SO and my list:

-Chestnut Tower
-Xavier
-2555 N Clark
-Halsted Flats

Thanks!

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:16 pm

If anyone knows anybody looking for a studio apartment next month, mine will be available Aug 1. It comes fully furnished and the lease includes heat and AC. It's at 900 N. Lake Shore Dr./one of the Mies van der Rohe buildings, so only about two blocks from school. Floor to ceiling windows with a view of the John Hancock, elevator, receiving room, etc etc etc. ~$1200

PM for more info, pictures, whatever. Landlady is super nice as well.

president biden

New

Post by president biden » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Do we have a student id yet? I'd like to sign up for the gym membership now but they need your student id.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AnonymousPython

New

Post by AnonymousPython » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:33 pm

president biden wrote:Do we have a student id yet? I'd like to sign up for the gym membership now but they need your student id.
Yeah - it's on CAESAR under personal profile.

itsmako

New

Post by itsmako » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:10 pm

AnonymousPython wrote:Just had a marathon day of touring apts from River North up to Lake View, and curious if anyone has any input on the following buildings which are at the top of my SO and my list:

-Chestnut Tower
-Xavier
-2555 N Clark
-Halsted Flats

Thanks!
Have you narrowed down your search any further? I was just accepted and now need to find a place! I'm heading downtown next week to look around.

AnonymousPython

New

Post by AnonymousPython » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:23 pm

itsmako wrote:
AnonymousPython wrote:Just had a marathon day of touring apts from River North up to Lake View, and curious if anyone has any input on the following buildings which are at the top of my SO and my list:

-Chestnut Tower
-Xavier
-2555 N Clark
-Halsted Flats

Thanks!
Have you narrowed down your search any further? I was just accepted and now need to find a place! I'm heading downtown next week to look around.
Yep, I have, and about to sign a lease this weekend. Happy to share more details about the search over PM.

threatlevelmidnight

Bronze

Post by threatlevelmidnight » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Does anyone know the deal with the July 15 health form? Just had a panic attack when I realized it was due yesterday and obviously I can't get a doctor this weekend to sign off on it at this point. The voicemail of the health manager and on the website it also says the deadline for the form is 30 days after classes start...?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:41 pm

threatlevelmidnight wrote:Does anyone know the deal with the July 15 health form?
Don't sweat it if you're reasonably healthy. I think they are just trying to get things like special accommodations/TB checks/Vaccines taken care of before the school year starts. Obviously, the sooner the better, it'd be crappy to have to go to a Dr's office when school is underway.

If you have your vaccine record from some sort of legitimate institution, they will probably accept it. I had my health records from my previous job and they took it with no issues. I had to get screened for TB, but that cost 20 dollars and a two-day turnaround. Walgreen's walk-in clinics and places like that can solve most of these issues.

threatlevelmidnight

Bronze

Post by threatlevelmidnight » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Wipfelder wrote:
threatlevelmidnight wrote:Does anyone know the deal with the July 15 health form?
Don't sweat it if you're reasonably healthy. I think they are just trying to get things like special accommodations/TB checks/Vaccines taken care of before the school year starts. Obviously, the sooner the better, it'd be crappy to have to go to a Dr's office when school is underway.

If you have your vaccine record from some sort of legitimate institution, they will probably accept it. I had my health records from my previous job and they took it with no issues. I had to get screened for TB, but that cost 20 dollars and a two-day turnaround. Walgreen's walk-in clinics and places like that can solve most of these issues.
Last edited by threatlevelmidnight on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:30 pm

threatlevelmidnight wrote: hoping they won't mind the records coming in late.
I'd guess they wouldn't mind if records are a little late. Their goal, I'm assuming, is to get as much of the "easy stuff" out of the way as early as possible. The less strain we put on the administration for trivial stuff the better, that gives them more time to focus on bigger picture/more important stuff.

daisrt

Bronze

Post by daisrt » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:22 am

threatlevelmidnight wrote:Does anyone know the deal with the July 15 health form? Just had a panic attack when I realized it was due yesterday and obviously I can't get a doctor this weekend to sign off on it at this point. The voicemail of the health manager and on the website it also says the deadline for the form is 30 days after classes start...?
I didn't send mine in by the 15th, either. I think it's a soft deadline...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GodsAndMonsters

New

Post by GodsAndMonsters » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Hey all, I have a studio apartment in Lakeview that I will be subletting this August. (I could sing the praises of this place and how it's actually a shorter commute than Gold Coast, but I'll spare you-- PM if you want info on the area I'm talking about.)

Is there a FB group/listserv/google doc ya'll are using for housing options? I'd love to sublet this place to a NW law person (and not have to deal with Craiglist randos).

Thanks!

Uncle Jack Kelly

New

Post by Uncle Jack Kelly » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:36 pm

Hey! I'm I will be entering as a transfer student and am in need of housing/roommates. Im a male, early 20s, pretty laid back and easy to get along with. I enjoy outdoors running drinking etc but am always open to try something new

president biden

New

Post by president biden » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:05 am

Have I missed something where they assigned us to a specific section? I keep seeing the sections mentioned in emails/orientation info.

Kinky John

Silver

Post by Kinky John » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:04 am

president biden wrote:Have I missed something where they assigned us to a specific section? I keep seeing the sections mentioned in emails/orientation info.
Last year sections came out on the 18th (first on CAESAR, then by email.) My guess is you haven't missed anything but you can check CAESAR
Last edited by Kinky John on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

omglawskool

New

Post by omglawskool » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:52 pm

So...perhaps this is dumb, but how do we know what books we need? When I try to click on my classes I can't tell what professor I have or what section I am in...but I see a lot of 1L books selling on the email thread? What am I missing. #halp.

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:00 pm

omglawskool wrote:So...perhaps this is dumb, but how do we know what books we need? When I try to click on my classes I can't tell what professor I have or what section I am in...but I see a lot of 1L books selling on the email thread? What am I missing. #halp.

http://abbotthall.bncollege.com/webapp/ ... reId=30551

Just put your course info into the boxes. It'll show you the required texts.

Mr. October

New

Post by Mr. October » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:56 am

First class with Shapo today (Torts) and the only assignment is a problem in our book that says "A injures B and could have avoided it. What should society do about it?". Anyone know what or anything to do to prepare for class? I just don't want to be called on in class and be expected to have drafted a concise theory of torts or anything :shock:

president biden

New

Post by president biden » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Are grades really not up yet? Have I missed something?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”