Duke Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

When are you moving to Durham/Are you interested in a TLS meet-up before classes start?

Already here, baby
9%
May
2%
June
4%
July
4%
August
25%
Haven't figured it out yet
4%
Never. I'm not going to Duke, I just wanted to assert my right to vote
16%
Yes
27%
No
7%
Maybe
2%

Total votes: 55

benwyatt

Platinum

Re: Duke Law Class of 2019

Post by benwyatt » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Decision mailed!
I interviewed the last week of January

tappatappatappa

Bronze

Post by tappatappatappa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tappatappatappa on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

urbanist11

Silver

Post by urbanist11 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:35 pm

benwyatt wrote:Decision mailed!
+$150,000

(I wish :lol: )
Interviewed first week of February

benwyatt

Platinum

Post by benwyatt » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:39 pm

urbanist11 wrote:
+$150,000

(I wish :lol: )
Interviewed first week of February
Fingers crossed for all of us!

lawschoolapplicant92

New

Post by lawschoolapplicant92 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Same here as well! Last week of January interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jewkidontheblock

Bronze

Post by jewkidontheblock » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Same! Good luck all

Lovefruits

New

Post by Lovefruits » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:56 am

Very late scholly interview, early April (actually after ASW, lol). If anyone with an earlier slot is canceling, please PM me. I would be eternally grateful.

frasier

Bronze

Post by frasier » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:11 am

Lovefruits wrote:Very late scholly interview, early April (actually after ASW, lol). If anyone with an earlier slot is canceling, please PM me. I would be eternally grateful.

Same here.

Does anyone have an indication of how much it would hurt the scholarship amount to skip the interview and just let the committee decide? Especially if there are potential negotiations afterwards, I'm not sure if waiting until mid-to-late April is TCR.

rska884

Silver

Post by rska884 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:49 am

Me too! Anyone know how long it takes for letters to arrive?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:58 am

rska884 wrote:Me too! Anyone know how long it takes for letters to arrive?
It depends on where you live. There are already data points for sent and receive dates and it's only 5 pages of thread to go through. Please don't be the beginning of the inane and repetitive questions in the only thread I've OPed that I actually care about. :lol:

rska884

Silver

Post by rska884 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:02 am

lymenheimer wrote:
It depends on where you live. There are already data points for sent and receive dates and it's only 5 pages of thread to go through. Please don't be the beginning of the inane and repetitive questions in the only thread I've OPed that I actually care about. :lol:
Sorry! On my phone so can't search but I'll check back from a computer later, I'm just excited!

benwyatt

Platinum

Post by benwyatt » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:36 am

lymenheimer wrote:
Question that hasn't been asked: were they sent via standard mail or was it some kind of expedited mailing?
That's probably the most helpful information for figuring out how long it will take it to get from Durham to wherever you live.

slippin_jimmy

Gold

Post by slippin_jimmy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:39 am

benwyatt wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
Question that hasn't been asked: were they sent via standard mail or was it some kind of expedited mailing?
That's probably the most helpful information for figuring out how long it will take it to get from Durham to wherever you live.
they were sent via someone carrying them by hand, on foot, so you never get it. Sorry benwyatt.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:43 am

benwyatt wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
I couldn't tell. But I guess to help answer both questions: I got mine on Friday after seeing the update on Thursday. I live close to Duke, though. A bunch of others reported on Saturday (though I don't know where they live). So they could have come in Friday as well. Maybe it was next-day delivery.
slippin_jimmy wrote: they were sent via someone carrying them by hand, on foot, so you never get it. Sorry benwyatt.
but seriously, I didn't see a single carrier mark on my envelope so it could have been hand-delivered (and snuck into my key-entry mailbox somehow).

benwyatt

Platinum

Post by benwyatt » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:45 am

lymenheimer wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote: they were sent via someone carrying them by hand, on foot, so you never get it. Sorry benwyatt.
but seriously, I didn't see a single carrier mark on my envelope so it could have been hand-delivered (and snuck into my key-entry mailbox somehow).

benwyatt

Platinum

Post by benwyatt » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:47 am

lymenheimer wrote:I couldn't tell. But I guess to help answer both questions: I got mine on Friday after seeing the update on Thursday. I live close to Duke, though. A bunch of others reported on Saturday (though I don't know where they live). So they could have come in Friday as well. Maybe it was next-day delivery.
Thanks for the info! It's nice to know that it's coming, at least. With some of the other schools you anxiously check the mailbox every day without even knowing if they've sent you something. Now I know that sometime in the next few days I should have something. With my mediocre mail carrier and distance from Duke, I won't be surprised if it's Monday though.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:53 am

benwyatt wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:I couldn't tell. But I guess to help answer both questions: I got mine on Friday after seeing the update on Thursday. I live close to Duke, though. A bunch of others reported on Saturday (though I don't know where they live). So they could have come in Friday as well. Maybe it was next-day delivery.
Thanks for the info! It's nice to know that it's coming, at least. With some of the other schools you anxiously check the mailbox every day without even knowing if they've sent you something. Now I know that sometime in the next few days I should have something. With my mediocre mail carrier and distance from Duke, I won't be surprised if it's Monday though.
That's what I was concerned with seeing the update on Thursday evening. But my hunch is that they send them out that day, then update in the evening (maybe once there is a tracking confirmation or something). Since you guys got the update yesterday, I would put money on it that you'd receive something before Sunday. Well, not you, but most of the other people waiting. :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

frasier

Bronze

Post by frasier » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:22 pm

they just released a bunch of new interview dates/times. Just changed from April to next Monday.

herecomesthesun

Bronze

Post by herecomesthesun » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:47 pm

frasier wrote:they just released a bunch of new interview dates/times. Just changed from April to next Monday.
Mine was that week anyway but I was able to move it to a better day. :D

madoodle16

New

Post by madoodle16 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:27 pm

herecomesthesun wrote:
frasier wrote:they just released a bunch of new interview dates/times. Just changed from April to next Monday.
Mine was that week anyway but I was able to move it to a better day. :D
Same, I was able to move my time up to a more convenient time

jg61

New

Post by jg61 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:28 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
That's what I was concerned with seeing the update on Thursday evening. But my hunch is that they send them out that day, then update in the evening (maybe once there is a tracking confirmation or something). Since you guys got the update yesterday, I would put money on it that you'd receive something before Sunday. Well, not you, but most of the other people waiting. :lol:
Mine was apparently sent last Thurs and I still haven't received it. Actually somewhat concerned that it was lost; not too far from Duke.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:34 pm

jg61 wrote: Mine was apparently sent last Thurs and I still haven't received it. Actually somewhat concerned that it was lost; not too far from Duke.
That is a bit concerning. It was sent to my current address (as opposed to permanent), if yours are different. Do you have roommates that might have picked it up?

benwyatt

Platinum

Post by benwyatt » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:46 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
jg61 wrote: Mine was apparently sent last Thurs and I still haven't received it. Actually somewhat concerned that it was lost; not too far from Duke.
That is a bit concerning. It was sent to my current address (as opposed to permanent), if yours are different. Do you have roommates that might have picked it up?
jg i bet you could just call/email and they could send another?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:49 pm

benwyatt wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
After confirming they have the correct address on file.

jg61

New

Post by jg61 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:13 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
After confirming they have the correct address on file.
I've gotten other mailings from them, so I know they have the correct address. I'll call tomorrow and have it re-sent. Would be great if they just e-mailed it to us...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”