Harvard C/O 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

What section are you in?

1 (AKA THE BEST)
18%
13%
16%
16%
13%
13%
13%

Total votes: 56

LS19

New

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Post by LS19 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Waiting to be accepted into the Facebook group. I yearn for every piece of HLS I can get right now :lol:

lawstud24

New

Post by lawstud24 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:21 pm

LS19 wrote:Waiting to be accepted into the Facebook group. I yearn for every piece of HLS I can get right now :lol:
can't wait for that keychain! :D

Timantha

Bronze

Post by Timantha » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:45 pm

QuentonCassidy wrote:
Timantha wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:Just withdrew all of my other applications. It's a freeing experience.
Yay, congrats! I'm glad everything worked out perfectly for you :mrgreen:

By the way, noob question, how did you withdraw from your other apps? I'm thinking about withdrawing from a couple of them at this point; do you just email all of the admission offices?
Hahaha I will admit that I had that exact same question, so definitely don't feel bad about asking it. The information I got (and what I did) is to just email the general admissions inbox at each school and give a brief, cordial message along the lines of "thank you for the offer, but I must withdraw my application because I have decided to attend another law school." Make sure it has your name (as it appears on you application) and your LSAC ID # and you're golden.
LOL that makes me feel so much better... Thanks!
LS19 wrote:Waiting to be accepted into the Facebook group. I yearn for every piece of HLS I can get right now :lol:
Me too! There was some talk in the Applicant thread about playing the "guess who" game once we're all in the FB group - I hope that's still going to happen :o

Bearlyalive

Silver

Post by Bearlyalive » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:01 pm

WinterComing wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:
Hildegard15 wrote:
jtg21 wrote:
voldypoo wrote:Checking in! Has anyone received the email yet that got in yesterday?
Pretty sure it was a dream until I get that. I honestly can't even remember what they said to me on the call.
Same here. I keep checking my incoming calls history to verify that I did in fact receive a call from Cambridge. My parents asked me what Nefyn said to me, and besides remembering him saying that it was ok for me to cry, I could not for the life of me remember anything else.
TR: Hey *name* this is TR from HLS; how are you doing?
QC: Much better now!
TR: *chuckles* Ah so you know why I'm calling?
QC: Boy, I sure hope so!
TR: *laughs louder and proceeds to tell me I'm accepted*
QC: *thanks him about 23 times and worries that I came off as presumptuous by assuming that the call meant I was in*
I used the "much better now" line exactly. They are probably used to that level of elation and not offended at all. I mean, of course that's why they're calling.
I had JS ask me how I was doing, I replied "Absolutely fantastic." I think that's pretty much all you can say in that situation.

Schneidersbetter

Bronze

Post by Schneidersbetter » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Bearlyalive wrote:
WinterComing wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:
Hildegard15 wrote:
jtg21 wrote:
voldypoo wrote:Checking in! Has anyone received the email yet that got in yesterday?
Pretty sure it was a dream until I get that. I honestly can't even remember what they said to me on the call.
Same here. I keep checking my incoming calls history to verify that I did in fact receive a call from Cambridge. My parents asked me what Nefyn said to me, and besides remembering him saying that it was ok for me to cry, I could not for the life of me remember anything else.
TR: Hey *name* this is TR from HLS; how are you doing?
QC: Much better now!
TR: *chuckles* Ah so you know why I'm calling?
QC: Boy, I sure hope so!
TR: *laughs louder and proceeds to tell me I'm accepted*
QC: *thanks him about 23 times and worries that I came off as presumptuous by assuming that the call meant I was in*
I used the "much better now" line exactly. They are probably used to that level of elation and not offended at all. I mean, of course that's why they're calling.
I had JS ask me how I was doing, I replied "Absolutely fantastic." I think that's pretty much all you can say in that situation.
I may have said something along the lines of "this must be a great day for you guys" meaning, of course, that it must be nice to give so many people great news. I realized afterword that it probably sounded like I was saying its a great day for them cuz they accepted me... :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:15 pm

jtg21 wrote: Pretty sure it was a dream until I get that. I honestly can't even remember what they said to me on the call.
As awesome as getting that call was, since people who have missed the call have reported getting the good news via voicemail rather than through a follow-up email only, I halfway wish I would have missed it so I could have kept the voicemail forever.

cantorb

Bronze

Post by cantorb » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:31 am

Timantha wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote: Me too! There was some talk in the Applicant thread about playing the "guess who" game once we're all in the FB group - I hope that's still going to happen :o
How about we arrange to meet up at a bar during ASWs (still haven't decided which one I'm going to) and play some kind of guessing game there?

QuentonCassidy

Silver

Post by QuentonCassidy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:40 am

cantorb wrote:
Timantha wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote: Me too! There was some talk in the Applicant thread about playing the "guess who" game once we're all in the FB group - I hope that's still going to happen :o
How about we arrange to meet up at a bar during ASWs (still haven't decided which one I'm going to) and play some kind of guessing game there?
I'm going to be in Boston during my spring break in March to visit my fiancee, so I didn't plan on going again for ASW, but if ^this happens I will definitely have to go.

Hildegard15

Gold

Post by Hildegard15 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:07 am

QuentonCassidy wrote:
cantorb wrote:
Timantha wrote:
I'm going to be in Boston during my spring break in March to visit my fiancee, so I didn't plan on going again for ASW, but if ^this happens I will definitely have to go.
I feel like this game would be less fun for me because I'd take one step into the bar and y'all would all be like "that's Hilde for sure" no guessing needed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

QuentonCassidy

Silver

Post by QuentonCassidy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:53 am

Hildegard15 wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:
cantorb wrote:
Timantha wrote:
I feel like this game would be less fun for me because I'd take one step into the bar and y'all would all be like "that's Hilde for sure" no guessing needed.
Just leave the battle-axe at home then :wink:
In all seriousness though I did think that you would be easiest to spot, except for maybe tflan, who will be obviously spotted due to being a literal pastry.
tflan19 wrote:

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:39 am

Just leave the battle-axe at home then :wink:
Lol so much this. Really would be interesting to see what people are like IRL, but alas, won't be at the ASW's :(

cantorb

Bronze

Post by cantorb » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:29 am

Hildegard15 wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:
cantorb wrote:
Timantha wrote:
We'll know it's you when after 30 seconds you give up on your drinks ever coming... :P

Sorry, couldn't resist - irl I'm much nicer.

mdnyc

Bronze

Post by mdnyc » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am

EnderWiggin wrote:
jtg21 wrote: Pretty sure it was a dream until I get that. I honestly can't even remember what they said to me on the call.
As awesome as getting that call was, since people who have missed the call have reported getting the good news via voicemail rather than through a follow-up email only, I halfway wish I would have missed it so I could have kept the voicemail forever.
I actually missed the call and got the voicemail. There's a decent chance I've played it a dozen times or so.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:19 am

mdnyc wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
I actually missed the call and got the voicemail. There's a decent chance I've played it a dozen times or so.
Ahh that's awesome. Obviously there was no way I could have consciously declined to pick up the 617 area code call in that moment; desire for instant gratification is too great :D
but I do want that voicemail

voldypoo

New

Post by voldypoo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:47 am

EnderWiggin wrote:
mdnyc wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
Ahh that's awesome. Obviously there was no way I could have consciously declined to pick up the 617 area code call in that moment; desire for instant gratification is too great :D
I missed the call also. When I first starting listening to the voicemail I heard "I'm sorry we missed you" and after the "I'm sorry" I almost had a friken heart attack. Seriously thought I was getting the, "very talented applicant pool, couldn't take everyone" speech.

lawstud24

New

Post by lawstud24 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:07 pm

voldypoo wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
mdnyc wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
I missed the call also. When I first starting listening to the voicemail I heard "I'm sorry we missed you" and after the "I'm sorry" I almost had a friken heart attack. Seriously thought I was getting the, "very talented applicant pool, couldn't take everyone" speech.
I also got the voicemail. Missed the call by four minutes because I left the room to make some food. Simultaneous self-hatred and elation is an interesting feeling.

Hildegard15

Gold

Post by Hildegard15 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:27 pm

cantorb wrote:
Hildegard15 wrote:
We'll know it's you when after 30 seconds you give up on your drinks ever coming... :P

Sorry, couldn't resist - irl I'm much nicer.
*grumbling noises*

however I acknowledge the quality of your burn

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawstud24

New

Post by lawstud24 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Does anyone know if Harvard offers a travel subsidy for ASW like Columbia and other schools?

Timantha

Bronze

Post by Timantha » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Hildegard15 wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:
cantorb wrote:
Timantha wrote:
That sounds like fun! I'd probably need to compile a few clues on everyone to have any hope of identifying any of you though :P Except for possibly Hilde. I recall "6 feet tall and blunt weapons."

I'm probably attending the mid-April ASW, so I really hope that y'all will pick this one too!

jtg21

Bronze

Post by jtg21 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:18 pm

Timantha wrote:
Hildegard15 wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:
cantorb wrote:
Timantha wrote:
That sounds like fun! I'd probably need to compile a few clues on everyone to have any hope of identifying any of you though :P Except for possibly Hilde. I recall "6 feet tall and blunt weapons."

I'm probably attending the mid-April ASW, so I really hope that y'all will pick this one too!
I'm considering that one too. Was wondering when everyone else was planning to attend ASW.

Timantha

Bronze

Post by Timantha » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:39 pm

jtg21 wrote:
Timantha wrote:I'm probably attending the mid-April ASW, so I really hope that y'all will pick this one too!
I'm considering that one too. Was wondering when everyone else was planning to attend ASW.
That is a good question - Maybe we can track which ASW everyone's planning to attend at this point? I think it might be nice to throw together a quick Google Doc or something so we can see who's thinking of going to which... I can do that if no one objects?? :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

curious bobcat

Bronze

Post by curious bobcat » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Timantha wrote:
jtg21 wrote:
Timantha wrote:I'm probably attending the mid-April ASW, so I really hope that y'all will pick this one too!
That is a good question - Maybe we can track which ASW everyone's planning to attend at this point? I think it might be nice to throw together a quick Google Doc or something so we can see who's thinking of going to which... I can do that if no one objects?? :)
Not a bad idea. If you do end up making it, I can add it to the ASW portion of the OP.

On the note of trying to guess others at an ASW meet-up...I think I'll be impossible to identify. One, because I don't post that much. But mostly because I think my presence (my avatar, what little I do post) is pretty far from who I am in real life.

cantorb

Bronze

Post by cantorb » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Timantha wrote:
jtg21 wrote:
Or just keep track of it in the OP - including who's still flexible.

curious bobcat

Bronze

Post by curious bobcat » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:56 pm

lawstud24 wrote:Does anyone know if Harvard offers a travel subsidy for ASW like Columbia and other schools?
You are eligible for some reimbursement if you received an application fee waiver (I.e. You have need). Check the ASW page on their website for full details.

pocky

New

Post by pocky » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Quick question - Does Harvard also use needaccess for their need-based financial aid? I haven't got the packet yet, so just wondering. Thank you!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”