UVA Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Where are you living for 1L?

Pavilion
24%
Ivy Gardens
29%
Jeffersonian
6%
Arlington Park
3%
Stonefield Commons
No votes
City Walk
3%
Jefferson Ridge
2%
In a house/townhouse/non-apartment
24%
Other (Feel free to mention in thread!)
10%

Total votes: 63

OtterLaw

Silver

Re: UVA Law Class of 2019

Post by OtterLaw » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:39 pm

ohthatjenn wrote:First deposit deadline is soon and I still haven't heard from Fin Aid office :(
If you read back through the thread a ways, you can see where UVA has basically said they are not awarding any more scholarships this year. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's probably unlikely at this point. I hope that's wrong for your sake though!

ohthatjenn

New

Post by ohthatjenn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:29 pm

OtterLaw wrote:
ohthatjenn wrote:First deposit deadline is soon and I still haven't heard from Fin Aid office :(
If you read back through the thread a ways, you can see where UVA has basically said they are not awarding any more scholarships this year. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's probably unlikely at this point. I hope that's wrong for your sake though!
I was thinking it was only the merit based scholarships they exhausted :cry: :cry: no more need based either? :(

ChocoFreeze

New

Post by ChocoFreeze » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:32 pm

ohthatjenn wrote:
OtterLaw wrote:
I was thinking it was only the merit based scholarships they exhausted :cry: :cry: no more need based either? :(
Need based aid is loans.

missie

New

Post by missie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:50 am

Has anyone heard of/had any success in asking for an extension on UVA's first deposit deadline?

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:03 am

missie wrote:Has anyone heard of/had any success in asking for an extension on UVA's first deposit deadline?
+1 it's coming up fast :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Meno

New

Post by Meno » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:59 am

Submitted my deposit last night. I'll be deferring to the c/o 2020, but stoked to see you all in Charlottesville next year!

ChervonaKatya

Bronze

Post by ChervonaKatya » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:43 am

zyxwvut2 wrote:
missie wrote:Has anyone heard of/had any success in asking for an extension on UVA's first deposit deadline?
I requested an extension to the end of the month for personal financial reasons (unexpected expenses and I don't get paid until 4/29) and offered to withdraw my applications elsewhere if they would grant it and was (very, very politely) told no. Perhaps they didn't believe me or I'm not a candidate high on their list, though, so maybe you'll have more luck. I'm trying to figure out what to do now, but I'm kind of disheartened by the response and reconsidering another offer.

missie

New

Post by missie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:00 pm

ChervonaKatya wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:
I requested an extension to the end of the month for personal financial reasons (unexpected expenses and I don't get paid until 4/29) and offered to withdraw my applications elsewhere if they would grant it and was (very, very politely) told no. Perhaps they didn't believe me or I'm not a candidate high on their list, though, so maybe you'll have more luck. I'm trying to figure out what to do now, but I'm kind of disheartened by the response and reconsidering another offer.
I was also very politely told no :(

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:08 pm

missie wrote:
ChervonaKatya wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote:
I was also very politely told no :(
Did you ask with a different approach? Like you were waiting on financial aid info from another school and that was critical to your decision... or something?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Specter1389

Bronze

Post by Specter1389 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Last edited by Specter1389 on Wed May 04, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missie

New

Post by missie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:13 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote: Did you ask with a different approach? Like you were waiting on financial aid info from another school and that was critical to your decision... or something?
I was only just recently accepted - my approach was basically explaining my finances, the fact that I haven't received any financial aid award yet, and that I simply needed some more time to thoroughly consider things from a financial standpoint. They basically said I should expect to pay sticker/will only be offered loans and that they can't make an exception because of time. wahhhhh

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:17 pm

missie wrote:
zyxwvut2 wrote: Did you ask with a different approach? Like you were waiting on financial aid info from another school and that was critical to your decision... or something?
I was only just recently accepted - my approach was basically explaining my finances, the fact that I haven't received any financial aid award yet, and that I simply needed some more time to thoroughly consider things from a financial standpoint. They basically said I should expect to pay sticker/will only be offered loans and that they can't make an exception because of time. wahhhhh
BOOOOOO.

Well best of luck with your decision!

missie

New

Post by missie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:52 pm

zyxwvut2 wrote:
missie wrote:
BOOOOOO.

Well best of luck with your decision!
Thanks you too! This is really tough :?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

philawsopher

New

Post by philawsopher » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:00 pm

I know they were giving out UVA Law t-shirts to people who deposited during open house. Did anybody get away swag when you deposited later? I was planning to buy a shirt and decal through the bookstore, but didn't want to spend money if something was already coming my way.

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Didn't we all get them in the little swag bag? Or did depositors get a nicer one too?

HoosOnFirst

New

Post by HoosOnFirst » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Nagster5 wrote:Didn't we all get them in the little swag bag? Or did depositors get a nicer one too?
Yeah, I got one at ASW w/no deposit

strongbadge

Bronze

Post by strongbadge » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Just paid my deposit! I look forward to meeting you guys this fall! UVA here we come!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blind squirrel

New

Post by blind squirrel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:34 pm

HoosOnFirst wrote:
Nagster5 wrote:Didn't we all get them in the little swag bag? Or did depositors get a nicer one too?
I got one with my bag too. Would have been pretty funny though if they got sweet shirts for the people who had deposited, and then really uncomfortable, bland ones for the people who had not.

OtterLaw

Silver

Post by OtterLaw » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:35 pm

blind squirrel wrote:
HoosOnFirst wrote:
I got one with my bag too. Would have been pretty funny though if they got sweet shirts for the people who had deposited, and then really uncomfortable, bland ones for the people who had not.
Well the white ones with the orange letters aren't exactly the "nice" ones. Lol. But free is free amirite?

a2s8h

New

Post by a2s8h » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:08 pm

OtterLaw wrote:
blind squirrel wrote:
HoosOnFirst wrote:
Well the white ones with the orange letters aren't exactly the "nice" ones. Lol. But free is free amirite?
Agreed - I washed it because it was all crumpled from the packaging, and now it looks "vintage" :lol:

philawsopher

New

Post by philawsopher » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:18 pm

a2s8h wrote:
OtterLaw wrote:
blind squirrel wrote:
HoosOnFirst wrote:
Agreed - I washed it because it was all crumpled from the packaging, and now it looks "vintage" :lol:
We all got the white ones, yes, but people who deposited also got nicer ones too (navy blue with orange lettering). At least, that's what I thought was going on.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:35 pm

The navy with orange lettering were current students who were volunteering for ASOH!

philawsopher

New

Post by philawsopher » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:06 pm

okaygo wrote:The navy with orange lettering were current students who were volunteering for ASOH!
Got it. That actually makes more sense. I was misinformed. Thanks!

coldmonkey13

Bronze

Post by coldmonkey13 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:44 pm

~
Last edited by coldmonkey13 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OtterLaw

Silver

Post by OtterLaw » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:29 pm

Just paid my first seat deposit! I am so excited to meet you guys and start this crazy law school journey. I'm having a drink to celebrate!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”