UVA Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Where are you living for 1L?

Pavilion
24%
Ivy Gardens
29%
Jeffersonian
6%
Arlington Park
3%
Stonefield Commons
No votes
City Walk
3%
Jefferson Ridge
2%
In a house/townhouse/non-apartment
24%
Other (Feel free to mention in thread!)
10%

Total votes: 63

Nagster5

Silver

Re: UVA Law Class of 2019

Post by Nagster5 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:15 am

Almost certainly landing at UVA this year. Really excited about how great the atmosphere seems. Hoping to make the ASW, but doubtful.

nexttoplawyer

New

Post by nexttoplawyer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Checking In. Pretty sure I will be in Charlottesville this fall :D

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Anyone going to the Dallas or Houston receptions?

doobleykah

Bronze

Post by doobleykah » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Nagster5 wrote:Anyone going to the Dallas or Houston receptions?
Ill probably do Dallas. Havent RSVPed yet though because of some traveling coming up.

badatlsat120

New

Post by badatlsat120 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Is there a list of reception dates/locations?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RedWhite&Blonde

Bronze

Post by RedWhite&Blonde » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:40 pm

badatlsat120 wrote:
Is there a list of reception dates/locations?
They sent it out via email, they probably have it on the admitted students' website. It's mainly in the South, though :(

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:47 pm

doobleykah wrote:
Ill probably do Dallas. Havent RSVPed yet though because of some traveling coming up.
I'm in Austin so I'm thinking about just taking the day off and doing both.

doobleykah

Bronze

Post by doobleykah » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Nagster5 wrote:
doobleykah wrote:
Wouldnt be a bad idea if you have plans to return, that is a 4 hour drive though with little time in between receptions

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:55 pm

doobleykah wrote:
Nagster5 wrote:
doobleykah wrote:
Wouldnt be a bad idea if you have plans to return, that is a 4 hour drive though with little time in between receptions
I fgured I'll play it by ear. If I'm having a ball/ connecting with people at the luncheon and time becomes a real issue I'll just bail on the dinner. If not I'll take another shot. Really want to try and hit both.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tom_Hagen

New

Post by Tom_Hagen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Checking In!

philawsopher

New

Post by philawsopher » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Checking in. Hope to be at ASW... flying out from Los Angeles. Anyone else from California?

Bearlyalive

Silver

Post by Bearlyalive » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:52 pm

philawsopher wrote:Checking in. Hope to be at ASW... flying out from Los Angeles. Anyone else from California?
LA native here as well!

RedWhite&Blonde

Bronze

Post by RedWhite&Blonde » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:09 am

UVA just sent the NICEST mass email:
"Mrs. Hulvey, Grace, and I just wanted to send a note out to let all our admits know just how much we have enjoyed doing interviews this admissions cycle. Truth be told, that really is the best part of our jobs. We don’t think of an interview as a session to grill future lawyers. That’s just not our way. We hope you all see the interview the same way we do: as an opportunity to chat and to get to know one another. We have met some of the best people this year! We really are very, very excited about the Class of 2019, but it really is more than that. We are excited about the individual students who will make up the class of 2019. You’re “persons” to us — not just a group of people. The interviews help us to know we’ll like the group as well as each individual in it.

So thank you for taking part in this adventure with us.

You should have received information about the Admitted Student Open House recently — and if you haven’t, you will soon. We really do want you to come visit. We hope you’ll come kick our tires, and verify everything you’ve heard about this place so far. If you’d rather come visit us during a more regular day, we can make that work, too. Just let us know. Our alums, through the Law School Foundation, will provide a travel stipend for either or both. They (and we) want you to have the opportunity to walk away from the admissions process feeling as if you have gotten a full 360 degree view of UVA Law and Charlottesville.

We’ve already been bragging about this class to everyone who will listen. This is so much fun for us!"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tycho

Bronze

Post by Tycho » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:33 pm

RedWhite&Blonde wrote:UVA just sent the NICEST mass email:
"Mrs. Hulvey, Grace, and I just wanted to send a note out to let all our admits know just how much we have enjoyed doing interviews this admissions cycle. Truth be told, that really is the best part of our jobs. We don’t think of an interview as a session to grill future lawyers. That’s just not our way. We hope you all see the interview the same way we do: as an opportunity to chat and to get to know one another. We have met some of the best people this year! We really are very, very excited about the Class of 2019, but it really is more than that. We are excited about the individual students who will make up the class of 2019. You’re “persons” to us — not just a group of people. The interviews help us to know we’ll like the group as well as each individual in it.

So thank you for taking part in this adventure with us.

You should have received information about the Admitted Student Open House recently — and if you haven’t, you will soon. We really do want you to come visit. We hope you’ll come kick our tires, and verify everything you’ve heard about this place so far. If you’d rather come visit us during a more regular day, we can make that work, too. Just let us know. Our alums, through the Law School Foundation, will provide a travel stipend for either or both. They (and we) want you to have the opportunity to walk away from the admissions process feeling as if you have gotten a full 360 degree view of UVA Law and Charlottesville.

We’ve already been bragging about this class to everyone who will listen. This is so much fun for us!"
Got this too. By far the friendliest mass e-mail I've ever gotten from an admissions office. They really do come off as terrific people down there, and it shows.

tflan19

Bronze

Post by tflan19 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:45 pm

That email actually just swayed me to come visit. All of my interactions with their office have been outstanding, and if their adcoms are any representation of the student body, then UVA would be a great place to spend the next three years.

RedWhite&Blonde

Bronze

Post by RedWhite&Blonde » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:48 pm

tflan19 wrote:That email actually just swayed me to come visit. All of my interactions with their office have been outstanding, and if their adcoms are any representation of the student body, then UVA would be a great place to spend the next three years.
They said they give stipends if you want to visit twice!

Liz18

New

Post by Liz18 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Last edited by Liz18 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mia93

New

Post by Mia93 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Checking in! I've been reading for a while but finally created an account :D Can't wait to meet everyone in March!

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post by pittsburghpirates » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:44 am

tflan19 wrote:That email actually just swayed me to come visit. All of my interactions with their office have been outstanding, and if their adcoms are any representation of the student body, then UVA would be a great place to spend the next three years.
+1. Dead on here.

RedWhite&Blonde

Bronze

Post by RedWhite&Blonde » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:07 pm

pittsburghpirates wrote:
+1. Dead on here.
+2, so excited to visit!

Mrs Featherbottom

New

Post by Mrs Featherbottom » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:38 am

Unrelated to everything, but if I'm not mistaken this class will graduate during UVA Law's bicentennial year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Tycho

Bronze

Post by Tycho » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:41 pm

Mrs Featherbottom wrote:Unrelated to everything, but if I'm not mistaken this class will graduate during UVA Law's bicentennial year.
That is correct. It would also be the bicentennial of the University as a whole, since law was part of Jefferson's original curriculum when he founded the school (and, thus, the law school's birth coincides with that of UVA as a whole).

urbanist11

Silver

Post by urbanist11 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:10 pm

When you get a big envelope from UVA thinking it might be $ info but turns out to be a magazine...

jewkidontheblock

Bronze

Post by jewkidontheblock » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Completely enamored with UVA and would love to attend, but can't do so without $. Not feeling great about not hearing anything, especially since I was accepted back in September.

Today

New

Post by Today » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:15 pm

urbanist11 wrote:When you get a big envelope from UVA thinking it might be $ info but turns out to be a magazine...
They need to rubber stamp those envelopes with a "Marketing Material" warning.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”