Yale Law School Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Have you decided where you'll be living next year? If so, where?

University Housing
12%
The Towers
12%
Elsewhere Downtown
59%
East Rock
18%
Wooster Square
No votes
Westville
No votes
Hamden
No votes
The Hill
No votes
Other (please share)
No votes

Total votes: 17

curious bobcat

Bronze

Re: Yale Law School Class of 2019

Post by curious bobcat » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:18 pm

birdstheword wrote:I just received important information from someone in the admissions office -- THAT THEY ARE NOT SENDING SNUGGIES THIS YEAR. Is that true?! Haven't a bunch of you gotten one?
A ton of people at the ASW said they already received their snuggies. If I don't get mine I am withdrawing.

lemonparty

Silver

Post by lemonparty » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:41 pm

WinterComing wrote:
birdstheword wrote:I just received important information from someone in the admissions office -- THAT THEY ARE NOT SENDING SNUGGIES THIS YEAR. Is that true?! Haven't a bunch of you gotten one?
This is devastating news. Please no one tell Lemondrop, because I'm not sure she can handle this disappointment.
lemondrop wrote:

BYE YALE

birdstheword

New

Post by birdstheword » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:23 pm

lemondrop wrote:
WinterComing wrote:
This is devastating news. Please no one tell Lemondrop, because I'm not sure she can handle this disappointment.
lemondrop wrote:

BYE YALE

but actually.

birdstheword

New

Post by birdstheword » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Has anyone who got in after mid-March or so gotten one? THIS IS URGENT PLS RESPOND IMMEDIATELY

tflan19

Bronze

Post by tflan19 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:05 pm

WinterComing wrote:
lemondrop wrote:
WHAAT NO THATS THE ONLY REASON I PICKED YALE.

But actually - I have several irl friends who have been admitted and already received their snuggies. So they're either still on their way to us or they're cheaping out on us later acceptances

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:57 am

Has anyone who's committed received a confirmation that their forms were received? I haven't heard anything yet and I'm getting a little nervous.

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:58 pm

WinterComing wrote:Has anyone who's committed received a confirmation that their forms were received? I haven't heard anything yet and I'm getting a little nervous.
Yeah though it took a hot second. But if your worried just email them they'll let you know for sure.

birdstheword

New

Post by birdstheword » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:49 am

Walk up my driveway today after work. Just a normal day. The sun was shining; the wind was brisk. I open my back door, and what do I see?

MY

MOTHER

FUCKING

SNUGGIE

The snuggie saw me and I saw the snuggie and we ran toward each other in glorious slow motion and will never be parted again as long as we both shall live.

See y'all next year.

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:13 am

Hey for those of you who haven't yet, go post your destination in the destinations thread and rep Yale a bit :lol:

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=262568

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lemonparty

Silver

Post by lemonparty » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:49 am

birdstheword wrote:Walk up my driveway today after work. Just a normal day. The sun was shining; the wind was brisk. I open my back door, and what do I see?

MY

MOTHER

FUCKING

SNUGGIE

The snuggie saw me and I saw the snuggie and we ran toward each other in glorious slow motion and will never be parted again as long as we both shall live.

See y'all next year.

HOLY SHIT
tflan19 wrote:

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:52 am

birdstheword wrote:Walk up my driveway today after work. Just a normal day. The sun was shining; the wind was brisk. I open my back door, and what do I see?

MY

MOTHER

FUCKING

SNUGGIE

See y'all next year.
This is good TLS content.

lemonparty

Silver

Post by lemonparty » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:11 am

the snuggie is real, and it's amazing. i'm even going to post this pic because i was always a little skeptical that 'snuggie' was a codeword for something far less exciting
[+] Spoiler
theres several more feet of fabric attached obviously. also sorry that it looks like i'm flipping everyone off :lol:

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:29 am

So lemondrop, does this finally sell you enough to send in your deposit?
[+] Spoiler
Correct Answer: Yes, yes it does.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SamuelDanforth

Bronze

Post by SamuelDanforth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 pm

I REALLY hope that they ship internationally. I should have asked Asha at ASW....

lemonparty

Silver

Post by lemonparty » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Just sent in my deposit!!!

SEE Y'ALL IN THE FALL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:16 pm

lemondrop wrote:Just sent in my deposit!!!

SEE Y'ALL IN THE FALL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
#snuggiepower

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:25 pm

lemondrop wrote:Just sent in my deposit!!!

Congrats! So excited!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Also, just looking at the schedule and orientation starts 4 months from yesterday. Super pumped.

lemonparty

Silver

Post by lemonparty » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:45 pm

jetsfan1 wrote: #snuggiepower
I should let Asha know that if she'd sent the snuggie sooner, she'd have had me a long time ago :lol:

GrayGamut

New

Post by GrayGamut » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 pm

Just dropped the envelope. See you all in a few short months!

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:18 pm

GrayGamut wrote:Just dropped the envelope. See you all in a few short months!
Yasssss.

Also, curious if there's anyone still here who turned Y down, and what did you turn it down for?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:24 pm

GrayGamut wrote:Just dropped the envelope. See you all in a few short months!
Big Congrats!

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:25 pm

haverchuck wrote:
curious bobcat wrote:
haverchuck wrote:Does anyone know how much the maximum financial aid at Yale would be?
I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is that their calculation goes as such:

Student budget - your contribution (you + your parents, if applicable) - Unit loans (~44k this year) = need based grant.

So, if you want to figure out the max possible, just subtract the unit loan everyone has to take out from the student budget. Both of these numbers can I be found online. I think the result will be something around ~40k
Ah thanks. I'm just trying to see if it's worth negotiating my aid package. :?
I'm pretty sure max need aid is around $36,000 a year. That's with 0 parental contribution and the minimum contribution they expect all students to have. But no, you're not going to have any luck negotiating your aid package. Whatever they give you is set in stone, and there's no one they want so much they'll bend those rules.

And congrats on the new admits/commits. Looking forward to meeting you all. Again, feel free to PM me if you want to connect on facebook.

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:36 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:
haverchuck wrote:
curious bobcat wrote:
haverchuck wrote:Does anyone know how much the maximum financial aid at Yale would be?

Student budget - your contribution (you + your parents, if applicable) - Unit loans (~44k this year) = need based grant.

So, if you want to figure out the max possible, just subtract the unit loan everyone has to take out from the student budget. Both of these numbers can I be found online. I think the result will be something around ~40k
I'm pretty sure max need aid is around $36,000 a year. That's with 0 parental contribution and the minimum contribution they expect all students to have. But no, you're not going to have any luck negotiating your aid package. Whatever they give you is set in stone, and there's no one they want so much they'll bend those rules.

And congrats on the new admits/commits. Looking forward to meeting you all. Again, feel free to PM me if you want to connect on facebook.
Axe is right that you can't just negotiate your aid package, in the sense that the rules are the rules and they're applied equally to everyone, but an aid offer being "set in stone" is perhaps a bit strong. I was initially offered $0, but then I worked with the financial aid office on how they were calculating my assets, and I was then given an updated offer of more than $0. Feel free to PM for more details, if you'd like.

curious bobcat

Bronze

Post by curious bobcat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:37 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:
haverchuck wrote:
curious bobcat wrote:

What is this minimum contribution? I emailed w/ financial aid, and they told me that if my assets are "0" then my grant aid will be [COA-unit loans-parental contribution]. I also can't find any mention of a minimum contribution in here: https://www.law.yale.edu/system/files/a ... _Final.pdf

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”