Michigan Law School C/O 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
blind squirrel

New

Re: Michigan Law School C/O 2019

Post by blind squirrel » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:35 pm

jumbo2016 wrote:
jewkidontheblock wrote:Anyone else buy tickets?
I got 'em!
I got them too. I agree with jrthor10 and think it is worth getting the season tickets. I plan to make 2-3 games with friends and family, so even if I did nothing with the other tickets (although I'll try to sell them obviously), I think I'll get my money's worth.

ChervonaKatya

Bronze

Post by ChervonaKatya » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Have we received any emails regarding submitting medical records and official transcripts and whatnot? I feel like friends at other schools have been fretting about getting them in and I'm starting to wonder if I somehow missed our email about the process.

jewkidontheblock

Bronze

Post by jewkidontheblock » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:43 pm

ChervonaKatya wrote:Have we received any emails regarding submitting medical records and official transcripts and whatnot? I feel like friends at other schools have been fretting about getting them in and I'm starting to wonder if I somehow missed our email about the process.
Something came in today, haven't seen anything else

ChervonaKatya

Bronze

Post by ChervonaKatya » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:07 pm

jewkidontheblock wrote:
ChervonaKatya wrote:Have we received any emails regarding submitting medical records and official transcripts and whatnot? I feel like friends at other schools have been fretting about getting them in and I'm starting to wonder if I somehow missed our email about the process.
Something came in today, haven't seen anything else
Just now logged into my student email account for the first time in a month and saw it. Thanks for the heads up!

Tiddlywinks

New

Post by Tiddlywinks » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:58 pm

So it's getting close to starting time, do we need to send in official transcripts or anything? Do they get them off of LSAC or do we need to send them in ourselves? I haven't heard anything from the school that require us to do anything other then the 2nd deposit lately so I'm slightly freaking out haha.
Also, is the business gym worth paying for or is it more a casual gym? I'm looking for a gym that has dumbbells that go past 80/100 (aka not planet fitness style) and I'd be ok going to the main gym if that's the case.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DownUnder

New

Post by DownUnder » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 pm

How are the May starters finding it so far?? Does Ann Arbor and Michigan live up to the hype??

GFox345

Bronze

Post by GFox345 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:27 pm

DownUnder wrote:How are the May starters finding it so far?? Does Ann Arbor and Michigan live up to the hype??
I personally love it. The law quad and Ann Arbor are beautiful. The class load is just right (although you Fall starters won't get that benefit, unfortunately). The professors are also great although Cooper has almost put me to sleep a few times. All-in-all it aligns pretty well with my expectations!

DownUnder

New

Post by DownUnder » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:29 pm

GFox345 wrote:
DownUnder wrote:How are the May starters finding it so far?? Does Ann Arbor and Michigan live up to the hype??
I personally love it. The law quad and Ann Arbor are beautiful. The class load is just right (although you Fall starters won't get that benefit, unfortunately). The professors are also great although Cooper has almost put me to sleep a few times. All-in-all it aligns fairly well with my expectations!
Thanks for replying :D

Sounds great! Can't wait for August now :mrgreen:

16to19

Bronze

Post by 16to19 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:43 am

Is anyone on this thread not in the facebook group? Curious why the count there is so low (around 150).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jumbo2016

Silver

Post by jumbo2016 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Tiddlywinks wrote:So it's getting close to starting time, do we need to send in official transcripts or anything? Do they get them off of LSAC or do we need to send them in ourselves? I haven't heard anything from the school that require us to do anything other then the 2nd deposit lately so I'm slightly freaking out haha.
Also, is the business gym worth paying for or is it more a casual gym? I'm looking for a gym that has dumbbells that go past 80/100 (aka not planet fitness style) and I'd be ok going to the main gym if that's the case.
Yeah have your school send your official degree conferring transcript. There's a checkbox spot for it under admissions communications on the admitted students site. I just did mine trough my UG registrar's office I didn't use LSAC

Tiddlywinks

New

Post by Tiddlywinks » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:28 pm

jumbo2016 wrote:
Tiddlywinks wrote:So it's getting close to starting time, do we need to send in official transcripts or anything? Do they get them off of LSAC or do we need to send them in ourselves? I haven't heard anything from the school that require us to do anything other then the 2nd deposit lately so I'm slightly freaking out haha.
Yeah have your school send your official degree conferring transcript. There's a checkbox spot for it under admissions communications on the admitted students site. I just did mine trough my UG registrar's office I didn't use LSAC
Ok thank you. Was looking on the wolverine access and couldn't find anything

cincy91

New

Post by cincy91 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Hey all, new user here. I'm curious to see if many people are still looking for off-campus housing, and if so, if they have had any luck. Good agencies or buildings? Are there places where one can reach potential roommates?

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:59 pm

When should one start looking for apartments for the 2017-2018 academic year?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jumbo2016

Silver

Post by jumbo2016 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:When should one start looking for apartments for the 2017-2018 academic year?
My friends who went to Mich for undergrad said you should start looking in September and by mid October be in contact with a landlord for a place you want - lease signed by November 1st. Not sure how much this applies to housing that grad students might be looking at versus popular undergrad places but I get the sense that the best places book up very early either way.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:23 am

jumbo2016 wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:When should one start looking for apartments for the 2017-2018 academic year?
My friends who went to Mich for undergrad said you should start looking in September and by mid October be in contact with a landlord for a place you want - lease signed by November 1st. Not sure how much this applies to housing that grad students might be looking at versus popular undergrad places but I get the sense that the best places book up very early either way.
Damn.

WaitersIsland

Bronze

Post by WaitersIsland » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Anyone know when the cost of tuition for the upcoming school year will be finalized?

matterhorn

New

Post by matterhorn » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:50 pm

WaitersIsland wrote:Anyone know when the cost of tuition for the upcoming school year will be finalized?
I got an email today that included
"The U-M tuition, room, and board rates have been approved by the Regents of the University of Michigan. The 2016-2017 U-M tuition, fees, room, and board rates are now available on the Registrar and Housing websites listed below:

UM Registrar (tuition and fee rates): http://www.ro.umich.edu/tuition/"

I believe it is slightly less than the number in the estimated 2016-2017 COA.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WaitersIsland

Bronze

Post by WaitersIsland » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 am

matterhorn wrote:
WaitersIsland wrote:Anyone know when the cost of tuition for the upcoming school year will be finalized?
I got an email today that included
"The U-M tuition, room, and board rates have been approved by the Regents of the University of Michigan. The 2016-2017 U-M tuition, fees, room, and board rates are now available on the Registrar and Housing websites listed below:

UM Registrar (tuition and fee rates): http://www.ro.umich.edu/tuition/"

I believe it is slightly less than the number in the estimated 2016-2017 COA.
Guess I should have read the entire email, I could have answered my own question :lol: Thanks Matterhorn!

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:09 pm

How/when do we find what books we need to buy?

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:28 am

Li'l Sebastian wrote:How/when do we find what books we need to buy?
Last year, we found out what section & classes we were in sometime in mid or late July, I believe. Your classes will show up when you go to Wolverine Access -> Class Enrollment -> My Class Schedule. Then select Textbook view and it will show what books you need.

ChervonaKatya

Bronze

Post by ChervonaKatya » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Did anyone who signed up for MAP hear back yet? I believe the email said 07/11 at the latest, but was curious if others may have heard anything.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

matterhorn

New

Post by matterhorn » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:01 pm

ChervonaKatya wrote:Did anyone who signed up for MAP hear back yet? I believe the email said 07/11 at the latest, but was curious if others may have heard anything.
I applied on the last day it was still open and haven't heard back yet.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:04 pm

ChervonaKatya wrote:Did anyone who signed up for MAP hear back yet? I believe the email said 07/11 at the latest, but was curious if others may have heard anything.
So we'll know by tomorrow then?

gsy987

Bronze

Post by gsy987 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:01 am

matterhorn wrote:
Me neither. I'd really like to know too, bc it affects my plans on when I'd be moving to Michigan!

ChervonaKatya

Bronze

Post by ChervonaKatya » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:32 pm

gsy987 wrote:
matterhorn wrote:
Me neither. I'd really like to know too, bc it affects my plans on when I'd be moving to Michigan!
Same. Has anyone heard anything yet today? The online form is where I saw the July 11th date, but not sure what time of day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”