del Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
clshopeful

Bronze

del

Post by clshopeful » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:39 am

lete
Last edited by clshopeful on Fri May 27, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

axel.foley

Bronze

Re: 1L Year.. Policy, Policy, Policy. I Don't Know The Law

Post by axel.foley » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Really dude?

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:51 pm

I used to kind of hate the OP.

I still do, but I used to, too.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:44 pm

axel.foley wrote:Really dude?

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:28 pm

zhenders wrote:I used to kind of hate the OP.

Really? OP is my new favorite since we lost this guy:
JDJohnP21 wrote:This is my last post on TLS. The views you have about me are wrong. Im not a know it all high school brat. I love studying politics, theology, and philosophy. I have an undying love for America. I will say this. I am as smart politically as ANY other high school student, and have debated many Liberal students. You guys are absolutely right. No one cares about what I have to say, and for the foreseeable future no one will. However, that may change one day. My ultimate goal is to run for Congress, and while that looks lofty now, things could change. Yes, I have big dreams. You guys can laugh, and mock me all you want. I have exceeded expectations before. As I have told you guys, I am legally blind, and in a private school. When I attended public school, I was constantly bullied because of my sight. I was not put in Honors classes, even though I had the grades, because my advisors thought my sight would prevent me from doing well. I had an assistant following me from class to class, writing for me etc. When I got good grades, the students thought my assistant had given me the answers. This caused me great pain and sadness. I was not an athlete or a "cool" kid, and had NO friends. I thought I was good for nothing. I was always sad, and depressed. Then, I started reading classical literature. Charles Dickens is my absolute favorite author. Literature became my escape, and took my mind off of everything. I found that through literature, I could do anything, and be anywhere.( my experience is very similar to Dr. Carsons) I gained self confidence, and decided to immerse myself in academics. I promised myself that no matter what, I would transfer into a private school after freshmen year of high school. This was a very lofty goal. I was visually impaired, my family is lower middle class, and I don't play sports. When I told my public school advisor I was applying to private school, she laughed and said " Dream on bud. Your not rich, and your not a jock" Well not only did I get in, but I got an 80% scholarship. She was absolutely shocked.. She begged me not to go, and said " I don't want to see you fail" I started at the private school last year( Sophomore year) and made Honor Roll both semesters. Keep in mind I did this with NO assistance. I am also disliked by my family'. My father has told me that I'm wasting my time going to private school, because I will amount to nothing due to my sight. My family is from the Middle East, and they have very closed minded views on disability. Another reason my family dislikes me is because I joined the Anglican Church 2 years ago, and they are conservative Muslims. The main point of me telling you all this is I want you to understand where I'm coming from. I don't have an easy life. I have had challenges, and low expectations put on me, and I have destroyed all of them. Maybe I'm wrong about some things, but I'm not just another obnoxious high school kid. Like I said, my views don't matter today, but that could change. ( Ted Cruzs views didn't matter when he was 16 either) I will run for office. I will start small ( school board or city council) and work my way up. Call me a troll all you want, but I am serious about my views. I will get on TLS again, if I decide to apply to law school. It does me no good to be on here right now. In the meantime, I wish you guys the best with law school, and with your legal careers. You WILL hear of me again.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jrass

Bronze

Post by jrass » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:45 pm

The more time you spend on defunct rules the less material you need to learn, because nobody will ever test you on defunct rules. Asking to get rid of them is like asking your boss to get rid of Christmas.

FuturePanhandler

Silver

Post by FuturePanhandler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Minnietron wrote:

Really? OP is my new favorite since we lost this guy:
JDJohnP21 wrote:This is my last post on TLS. The views you have about me are wrong. Im not a know it all high school brat. I love studying politics, theology, and philosophy. I have an undying love for America. I will say this. I am as smart politically as ANY other high school student, and have debated many Liberal students. You guys are absolutely right. No one cares about what I have to say, and for the foreseeable future no one will. However, that may change one day. My ultimate goal is to run for Congress, and while that looks lofty now, things could change. Yes, I have big dreams. You guys can laugh, and mock me all you want. I have exceeded expectations before. As I have told you guys, I am legally blind, and in a private school. When I attended public school, I was constantly bullied because of my sight. I was not put in Honors classes, even though I had the grades, because my advisors thought my sight would prevent me from doing well. I had an assistant following me from class to class, writing for me etc. When I got good grades, the students thought my assistant had given me the answers. This caused me great pain and sadness. I was not an athlete or a "cool" kid, and had NO friends. I thought I was good for nothing. I was always sad, and depressed. Then, I started reading classical literature. Charles Dickens is my absolute favorite author. Literature became my escape, and took my mind off of everything. I found that through literature, I could do anything, and be anywhere.( my experience is very similar to Dr. Carsons) I gained self confidence, and decided to immerse myself in academics. I promised myself that no matter what, I would transfer into a private school after freshmen year of high school. This was a very lofty goal. I was visually impaired, my family is lower middle class, and I don't play sports. When I told my public school advisor I was applying to private school, she laughed and said " Dream on bud. Your not rich, and your not a jock" Well not only did I get in, but I got an 80% scholarship. She was absolutely shocked.. She begged me not to go, and said " I don't want to see you fail" I started at the private school last year( Sophomore year) and made Honor Roll both semesters. Keep in mind I did this with NO assistance. I am also disliked by my family'. My father has told me that I'm wasting my time going to private school, because I will amount to nothing due to my sight. My family is from the Middle East, and they have very closed minded views on disability. Another reason my family dislikes me is because I joined the Anglican Church 2 years ago, and they are conservative Muslims. The main point of me telling you all this is I want you to understand where I'm coming from. I don't have an easy life. I have had challenges, and low expectations put on me, and I have destroyed all of them. Maybe I'm wrong about some things, but I'm not just another obnoxious high school kid. Like I said, my views don't matter today, but that could change. ( Ted Cruzs views didn't matter when he was 16 either) I will run for office. I will start small ( school board or city council) and work my way up. Call me a troll all you want, but I am serious about my views. I will get on TLS again, if I decide to apply to law school. It does me no good to be on here right now. In the meantime, I wish you guys the best with law school, and with your legal careers. You WILL hear of me again.
LOL. That's not real. Thread?

jrass

Bronze

Post by jrass » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:07 pm

That's a 19-year old blind kid who got a scholarship to a good college, and did well. Fuck you two losers.

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:20 pm

You know that the point of law school and 1L particularly is to teach you how to think like a lawyer and not just to teach you THE LAW. THE LAW is different in every state and constantly changes. It would be pointless and unhelpful to just teach you the law of one state. That's what you do when you study for the bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:55 pm

FuturePanhandler wrote:
Here you are. The entire post history is worth a read!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=150
jrass wrote:That's a 19-year old blind kid who got a scholarship to a good college, and did well. Fuck you two losers.
Haha! Clam down, white knight. This was more likely a thirty-year-old troll having fun with TLS.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuturePanhandler

Silver

Post by FuturePanhandler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Minnietron wrote:
FuturePanhandler wrote:
Here you are. The entire post history is worth a read!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=150
jrass wrote:That's a 19-year old blind kid who got a scholarship to a good college, and did well. Fuck you two losers.
Haha! Clam down, white knight. This was more likely a thirty-year-old troll having fun with TLS.
How would a blind kid even use TLS :lol:

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Yeah, blind people are shut out of modern technology. Come on.

splitterswallow

New

Post by splitterswallow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Ok Mitch Hedburg.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:34 pm

lol
Last edited by clshopeful on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 am

splitterswallow wrote:

Ok Mitch Hedburg.

Any excuse to pay homage

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:11 am

I kinda like being hated. OneDayYouMay even stopped replying to me in private messages

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:02 pm

clshopeful wrote:I kinda like being hated. OneDayYouMay even stopped replying to me in private messages
Adaptive preferences/reverse Sour Grapes.

Nailed it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 pm

zhenders wrote:
clshopeful wrote:I kinda like being hated. OneDayYouMay even stopped replying to me in private messages
Adaptive preferences/reverse Sour Grapes.

Nailed it.
Im serious -- it's humorous to me that she intentionally doesn't reply to me, like she's afraid. Law school forumz so srs!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:05 am

The real answer is that your 1L coursework isn't about it supposed to be about "current" rules. You'll learn that when you study for the bar. Torts, property, and contracts substantively is really one area (see, e.g., Gilmore, Death of Contract), but three different vantage points on the concept of Anglo-American common law. (Hence why this curriculum is often referred to as the "common law" coursework). Concepts like 'tort' and 'property' are historical, and professors approach them historically and canonically because its training in argumentation and theory of law for any jurisdiction, and the pedagogy reinforces the dominant schools: law and economics, legal positivism, legal realism, critical theory, new critical theory, ect.

If you wanted to simply learn current rules for a particular state, you could take a $2,500 barbri class.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”