Freaking out about Finals Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
pascrewi

New

Freaking out about Finals

Post by pascrewi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:12 pm

So its been 8 days since I finished my last final and i'm still losing sleep over them. Im not sure if its the anxiety of those "law school horror stories", or if I really just didn't do well. I studied for ridiculous amounts of time, for at least 9+ hours/day in a study room for the week and a half leading up to exams (probably more actually). I guess my question is, how possible is it to get a D or an F on a law final (at a top 50 law school). I want to think that it would be impossible given the amount of time i've given to law school, but like all 1ls, this is all new to me. This is my first post, but thanks in advance.
Last edited by pascrewi on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Re: Freaking out about Finals

Post by TLSModBot » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Getting a D or F is practically impossible. Did you literally shit on the exam and then smear said shit on the proctors and/or professor while screaming "I RECOGNIZE NO MAN'S LAW, ONLY POOP"? Because if no, then you probably got at least a B-.

pascrewi

New

Post by pascrewi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:Getting a D or F is practically impossible. Did you literally shit on the exam and then smear said shit on the proctors and/or professor while screaming "I RECOGNIZE NO MAN'S LAW, ONLY POOP"? Because if no, then you probably got at least a B-.

LOL..... i sure hope not. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Thanks for th assurance :D

Single-Malt-Liquor

Silver

Post by Single-Malt-Liquor » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:35 pm

By the time you're a 3L you'll come to realization that when throwing the exams down the staircase to grade, that the professor's only obligation is to make sure they all land passed the B- stair.

pascrewi

New

Post by pascrewi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Single-Malt-Liquor wrote:By the time you're a 3L you'll come to realization that when throwing the exams down the staircase to grade, that the professor's only obligation is to make sure they all land passed the B- stair.

Fair enough, but when looking at my law schools grading on their website, it says 5-15% for D,D+, and F. Im not sure if that is just the maximum percentage or if they HAVE to fall within that 5-15%. Thank you for the response by the way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:15 pm

pascrewi wrote:
Single-Malt-Liquor wrote:it says 5-15% for D,D+, and F.
holy shit I've never heard of any school with a curve that punitive. Are you sure?

pascrewi

New

Post by pascrewi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:43 pm

dabigchina wrote:
pascrewi wrote:
holy shit I've never heard of any school with a curve that punitive. Are you sure?
1 A+ and A 15-25% (see below)
2 A- and B+ minimum 15% (see below)
3 B minimum 15% (see below)
4 B- and C+ 10-25%
5 C and C- 10-25%
6 D+, D and F 5-15%

In either of the above curves, grades in the first two categories should not exceed 50%, and grades in the first three categories should not exceed 70%.
(directly from Law School website)

Its Seton Hall Law btw

wolfie_m.

New

Post by wolfie_m. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:47 am

Last edited by wolfie_m. on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jepper

Bronze

Post by jepper » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 am

My school (50-100) has definitely given Ds and Fs, but is by no means required. However, we don't have A+s or A-s, which is especially TTTTT.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Single-Malt-Liquor

Silver

Post by Single-Malt-Liquor » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:15 am

jepper wrote:My school (50-100) has definitely given Ds and Fs, but is by no means required. However, we don't have A+s or A-s, which is especially TTTTT.
Because why would ever want to transfer out?

pascrewi

New

Post by pascrewi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:51 pm

wolfie_m. wrote:
pascrewi wrote:
dabigchina wrote:
pascrewi wrote:
1 A+ and A 15-25% (see below)
2 A- and B+ minimum 15% (see below)
3 B minimum 15% (see below)
4 B- and C+ 10-25%
5 C and C- 10-25%
6 D+, D and F 5-15%

In either of the above curves, grades in the first two categories should not exceed 50%, and grades in the first three categories should not exceed 70%.
(directly from Law School website)

Its Seton Hall Law btw
Yeah, I'd heard that lower ranking schools feature (bad choice of words, perhaps) curves like the above to protect their bar passage rates. I'm surprised others are surprised about this: I thought it was common knowledge. I'm a bit shocked that a TT would do this, though. This is more like TTT/TTTT behavior.
Definitely for lower ranked school. But for a school like Seton Hall which is considered a good school (and also one of only 2 schools on Nj). This kind of shocked me. I mean who knows. Maybe im overthinking it. I certaonly put in the time amd know the material very well. Just dont know how that transitioned on the test.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”