LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How prepared are you for your life right now?

I am bullet journalling, have planned my semester and am ready to make magna
5
7%
I have my shit together but I'm probably forgetting something
11
15%
I have made some effort but my life is basically in shambles
22
31%
I don't even have books or know where I'm going how is class starting already
12
17%
100% checked out mentally already #3LOLOLOLLLL
21
30%
 
Total votes: 71

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Minnietron » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:47 am

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/academics/academic-programs/legal-writing-scholarship/writing-center/usefuldocuments.cfm
I found the memo on memos (don't ask me which one it is) and it appears red crayon works, but it must be in 35 font.

DJM
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby DJM » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:52 pm

So for the moral character app... all these personal references, who are you putting?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6894
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:33 pm

DJM wrote:So for the moral character app... all these personal references, who are you putting?

is this for the bar???? wow I am very not there yet

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby usn26 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:40 am

Gray wrote:
DJM wrote:So for the moral character app... all these personal references, who are you putting?

is this for the bar???? wow I am very not there yet


Yeah, at what point do I need to start thinking about barbri/themis/kaplan(lol)? Or what state to take it in? Or learn what the bar exam actually entails?

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 7439
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am

usn26 wrote:
Gray wrote:
DJM wrote:So for the moral character app... all these personal references, who are you putting?

is this for the bar???? wow I am very not there yet


Yeah, at what point do I need to start thinking about barbri/themis/kaplan(lol)? Or what state to take it in? Or learn what the bar exam actually entails?

After graduation, surely.

DJM
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby DJM » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:56 am

Idk someone mentioned it to me the other day and said it takes forever. Took me like 2 hours, I just have the personal references left but have no clue who to put

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:13 am

Now that I know which bar I want to take it probably is time to get this thing rolling isn't it

Not that I have time for this shit thanks to making all the wrong choices

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Minnietron » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
usn26 wrote:
Gray wrote:
DJM wrote:So for the moral character app... all these personal references, who are you putting?

is this for the bar???? wow I am very not there yet


Yeah, at what point do I need to start thinking about barbri/themis/kaplan(lol)? Or what state to take it in? Or learn what the bar exam actually entails?

After graduation, surely.

That was my plan. You need what, a week or two of prep?

Damage Over Time
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Damage Over Time » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am

DJM wrote:So for the moral character app... all these personal references, who are you putting?


Which state?

DJM
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby DJM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 am

Damage Over Time wrote:
DJM wrote:So for the moral character app... all these personal references, who are you putting?


Which state?


CA

User avatar
LoganCouture
Posts: 1525
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby LoganCouture » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:54 am

DJM wrote:Idk someone mentioned it to me the other day and said it takes forever. Took me like 2 hours, I just have the personal references left but have no clue who to put


I put all my law school friends bc I figured I would return the favor

DJM
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby DJM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:32 am

Yah I'm doing 2 of those and some old family friends. Still need to find a professor to put as my member of bar reference

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:07 pm

ugh why are you guys already doing this

mickey_mouse
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby mickey_mouse » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:13 pm

guys is there TLS wisdom about Barbri/Themis/Kaplan? All I've really seen is that Barbri has a lot of prep material, Themis a lot of problems and Kaplan is lol. Is this about right?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:20 pm

mickey_mouse wrote:guys is there TLS wisdom about Barbri/Themis/Kaplan? All I've really seen is that Barbri has a lot of prep material, Themis a lot of problems and Kaplan is lol. Is this about right?

my understanding is that kaplan sucks

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:21 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:ugh why are you guys already doing this

so as to facilitate already getting anxious about the whole bar exam business now that there are no other pressing things to be anxious about duh

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6894
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Hand wrote:
mickey_mouse wrote:guys is there TLS wisdom about Barbri/Themis/Kaplan? All I've really seen is that Barbri has a lot of prep material, Themis a lot of problems and Kaplan is lol. Is this about right?

my understanding is that kaplan sucks

I got a $20 amazon card for sitting through their info session

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:
mickey_mouse wrote:guys is there TLS wisdom about Barbri/Themis/Kaplan? All I've really seen is that Barbri has a lot of prep material, Themis a lot of problems and Kaplan is lol. Is this about right?

my understanding is that kaplan sucks

I got a $20 amazon card for sitting through their info session

And you didn't even invite me to this? JFC what are friends for if not for helping them get amazon giftcards

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 7439
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:
mickey_mouse wrote:guys is there TLS wisdom about Barbri/Themis/Kaplan? All I've really seen is that Barbri has a lot of prep material, Themis a lot of problems and Kaplan is lol. Is this about right?

my understanding is that kaplan sucks

I got a $20 amazon card for sitting through their info session

And you didn't even invite me to this? JFC what are friends for if not for helping them get amazon giftcards

This make me feel warm inside.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 7439
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 pm

mickey_mouse wrote:guys is there TLS wisdom about Barbri/Themis/Kaplan? All I've really seen is that Barbri has a lot of prep material, Themis a lot of problems and Kaplan is lol. Is this about right?

Everyone passes the bar, so grab a mostly free laptop from Themis if your firm is paying, or save money with Kaplan if you're footing the bill (or if your firm does a stipend instead of direct payment/reimbursement).

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 4501
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm

I don't want to drop a deposit now but it's discounted if I do.

Also, the reps are careful to tell us that even if the firm reimburses, we save money on tax since the reimbursements are taxable income. lol

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2768
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
mickey_mouse wrote:guys is there TLS wisdom about Barbri/Themis/Kaplan? All I've really seen is that Barbri has a lot of prep material, Themis a lot of problems and Kaplan is lol. Is this about right?

Everyone passes the bar, so grab a mostly free laptop from Themis if your firm is paying, or save money with Kaplan if you're footing the bill (or if your firm does a stipend instead of direct payment/reimbursement).

Please explain the mostly free laptop...

PeanutsNJam wrote:I don't want to drop a deposit now but it's discounted if I do.

Also, the reps are careful to tell us that even if the firm reimburses, we save money on tax since the reimbursements are taxable income. lol


But does time value of money even it out where keeping your deposit money now is actually worth more than the potential tax you might have to pay two years from now? Money now in your pocket now is prolly better than money saved on taxes after your stub year.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 923
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby zhenders » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm about to start back up this Monday. I'm totally already dreading seeing all of yall graduate a full month before I even have exams hahaha.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 7439
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:30 pm

If anyone is interested in knowing my identity, provided you agree not to share that information, in exchange for signing up for an app that gives you a free share of stock, let me know!

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:If anyone is interested in knowing my identity, provided you agree not to share that information, in exchange for signing up for an app that gives you a free share of stock, let me know!

If you are interested in knowing Hikko's identity you can also venmo me $5 and I will tell you




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests