. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
SolemnMan

New

Re: LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

Post by SolemnMan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 am

dabigchina wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
dabigchina wrote:Anybody else feel like 3LOL is kind of a flame? Drowning in graduation requirements over here.

I should have taken care of my major writing requirement last year.
This semester is my lightest semester. I'm still at 17 hours. sooooo. yeah, you should have done your seminar paper last year.
Lol we have a seminar paper requirement and a major writing requirement. Really hating my school right now.
Should have done moot court editor. Easiest major writing ever.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:53 am

SolemnMan wrote:
dabigchina wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
dabigchina wrote:Anybody else feel like 3LOL is kind of a flame? Drowning in graduation requirements over here.

This semester is my lightest semester. I'm still at 17 hours. sooooo. yeah, you should have done your seminar paper last year.
Lol we have a seminar paper requirement and a major writing requirement. Really hating my school right now.
Should have done moot court editor. Easiest major writing ever.
Eh, I was too lazy to apply over the summer. I probably should have made some different life choices.

At least I'll be done by this semester. Grading papers next semester didn't sound great to me either.

TFALAWL

Bronze

Post by TFALAWL » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 am

Gawd, I miss law school.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

I still have to do my writing requirement next semester. But I'm only taking 10 credits, so I think 3LOL is pretty accurate.

Currently, my biggest concern is what Gray's new poll will be.

E: spelling...
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

BasilHallward

Silver

Post by BasilHallward » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:01 am

9 hours to go last semester after a light 17 hours abroad. Let the 3LOL continue

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 am

Is anyone else living in terror of the economy contracting?

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am

Hikikomorist wrote:Is anyone else living in terror of the economy contracting?
Well I am now, dammit.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 am

I'm not terrified. More of an uncomfortable itch at the back of my mind.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 am

Manage your expectations better. You'll not have to worry.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 am

RCSOB657 wrote:

So as long as my goal is to live under and overpass and feeding my family with the the remnants for cat food that I scrape out of cans found in the trash, I should be good to go?

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:08 pm

haus wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:

So as long as my goal is to live under and overpass and feeding my family with the the remnants for cat food that I scrape out of cans found in the trash, I should be good to go?

You should know better, that I'm not talking about that. Unmet expectations can create a psychological landmine field in normal people in relationships and other social circumstances, like jobs. It's even worse with those with some personality disorders because they may be unable to deal with realistic expectations and have a habit of going beyond what is realistic. Further, unmet expectations are known to cause physical symptoms of fear, paranoia, dread, etc. In cases that have disorders, that makes things worse because they were continue to create bad expectations, fail, fall, and recycle.

This comment isn't to diagnose anyone with such disorders or to say Hikko has a personality disorder. It's just a psychological issue many people have to deal with, and yeah if one has more realistic expectations/or lower than realistic expectations, they will be less likely to develop symptoms that make it harder to cope.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:22 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:
haus wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:

You should know better, that I'm not talking about that. Unmet expectations can create a psychological landmine field in normal people in relationships and other social circumstances, like jobs. It's even worse with those with some personality disorders because they may be unable to deal with realistic expectations and have a habit of going beyond what is realistic. Further, unmet expectations are known to cause physical symptoms of fear, paranoia, dread, etc. In cases that have disorders, that makes things worse because they were continue to create bad expectations, fail, fall, and recycle.

This comment isn't to diagnose anyone with such disorders or to say Hikko has a personality disorder. It's just a psychological issue many people have to deal with, and yeah if one has more realistic expectations/or lower than realistic expectations, they will be less likely to develop symptoms that make it harder to cope.
So having a post-graduation job isn't a realistic expectation? Got it. New expectation: dress myself without falling over. (P.S. I've already failed that expectation once today.)
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Me having a post graduation job in big law is entirely unreasonable. Me having a post graduation job in a small town firm is reasonable. Me getting a job in the DOS directly out of grad school is doable, but tough in current circumstances with the reorganization and hard hold on the pipelines I was targeting. Me worrying about an economic crash and having that paralyze my job search is not reasonable.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Minnietron wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
haus wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:

So having a post-graduation job isn't a realistic expectation? Got it. New expectation: dress myself without falling over. (P.S. I've already failed that expectation once today.)
Pants are tricky.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:32 pm

dabigchina wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
haus wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:

Pants are tricky.
Who needs the economy? I'm riding bitcoin to the moooooooon.

ETA: Prolly spent more time on coin research than on classes this semester, so that's how 3LOL is going for me.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:33 am

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 am

Gray wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote: ETA: Prolly spent more time on coin research than on classes this semester, so that's how 3LOL is going for me.
omg my husband has gone so overboard with the bitcoin research. I know more about bitcoin now than I ever wanted to.
What should I buy/short?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 am

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:17 am

Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote: ETA: Prolly spent more time on coin research than on classes this semester, so that's how 3LOL is going for me.
omg my husband has gone so overboard with the bitcoin research. I know more about bitcoin now than I ever wanted to.
What should I buy/short?
No fucking idea

Is that why it's called crypto-currency?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 am

nah more people losing their job will mean more people looking for a plaintiff-side employment lawyer so I for one welcome an implosion, it'll be good for business

plus this beautiful tax break for corporations is surely going to trickle down into beautiful lawyer jobs right, how could it not, it's not the economy stupid, it's the corporate tax rate!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:42 am

Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:
What should I buy/short?
No fucking idea
in typical academic fashion mr. gray did not do research that translates into actionable bits of information I assume

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 am

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:
What should I buy/short?
No fucking idea
in typical academic fashion mr. gray did not do research that translates into actionable bits of information I assume
I took "no [f'ing] idea" as the actionable information--i.e., invest carefully.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 am

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 pm

no my firm told me they don't layoff during recessions because it's just managed SO well so what could i possibly have to fear

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

crypto has achieved none of its goals why do people still invest in them no one is disrupting the economy rich people are just speculatively storing cash in them

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”