. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
IsThisForReal

Gold

Re: 2Little 2Late

Post by IsThisForReal » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:41 am

zhenders wrote:
Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:Thanks guys! The class had a few shorter papers/assignments instead of an exam, and TBH my only goal was finishing each one on time so I was pretty surprised.
Congratulations, Gray! I step away for a week and come back to this exciting news; some things never change :lol: Did Auggie give you congratulatory licks?
Of course! I would also like to make it clear to everyone else ITT that Auggie is a puppy.
Pics or it's a person.

No srsly puppy picture please?

ETA: I just had a trump at the dinner table xmas thing go down so a puppy picture would be a totally rad and possibly psychologically necessary thing
There's an entire thread of them

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=8900
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:11 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
zhenders wrote:
Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:Thanks guys! The class had a few shorter papers/assignments instead of an exam, and TBH my only goal was finishing each one on time so I was pretty surprised.
Congratulations, Gray! I step away for a week and come back to this exciting news; some things never change :lol: Did Auggie give you congratulatory licks?
Of course! I would also like to make it clear to everyone else ITT that Auggie is a puppy.
Pics or it's a person.

No srsly puppy picture please?

ETA: I just had a trump at the dinner table xmas thing go down so a puppy picture would be a totally rad and possibly psychologically necessary thing
There's an entire thread of them

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=8900
<3

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Will any TLSers be in DC this Tuesday or Wednesday?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Close, I will be in Arlington

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:18 am

Out of town unfortunately

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:43 pm

If you mean Tuesday Jan. 17 or Wednesday Jan. 18, then yes.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Sorry dude won't be back in town until later

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:05 am

Yo I'm in school again.

Tell me the fun things you're doing, semester people -- gimme dat vicarious life.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:11 am

Just washed my running sneakers and watched the movie the Thomas crowne affair so I would say you should certainly be jealous of my semester lifestyle

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:14 am

zhenders wrote:Yo I'm in school again.

Tell me the fun things you're doing, semester people -- gimme dat vicarious life.
I'm 17 episodes into the second season of The West Wing, because someone claimed one of the characters mentioned his SAT-V score.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:56 am

When you go to a semester in school but are still back in school two weeks after break started. #pain

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Just washed my running sneakers and watched the movie the Thomas crowne affair so I would say you should certainly be jealous of my semester lifestyle
The original or the pierce brosnan version this is important
To be totally honest I had no idea there was an original version

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:53 pm

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Just washed my running sneakers and watched the movie the Thomas crowne affair so I would say you should certainly be jealous of my semester lifestyle
that's ok the pierce brosnan one is better, it's JUST cheesy enough to be perfect.
Actually me too. I wanted to like the Steve McQueen one more, but I didn't feel like it had any chemistry.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:17 pm

BVest wrote:
Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:
that's ok the pierce brosnan one is better, it's JUST cheesy enough to be perfect.
Actually me too. I wanted to like the Steve McQueen one more, but I didn't feel like it had any chemistry.
I love this movie--Brosnan--for many reasons, but one above all else: it introduced me to Nina Simone.

Also, I just finished up episode two of "Troll Hunters" and downed a pint of Ben & Jerry's, so I'm pretty much still on a standard 2Lol schedule.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DJM

Bronze

Post by DJM » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:34 am

Hikikomorist wrote:

I'm 17 episodes into the second season of The West Wing, because someone claimed one of the characters mentioned his SAT-V score.
The past week has been skiing mammoth during the day and watching West Wing at night. 1 season left and school starts Monday, but I might be stuck here with this CA weather.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:46 am

DJM wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:

The past week has been skiing mammoth during the day and watching West Wing at night. 1 season left and school starts Monday, but I might be stuck here with this CA weather.
Binge watching friends and working 60 hour weeks. I'll be ready for school to start back but money is always nice.

fistfullofdollhairs

New

Post by fistfullofdollhairs » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 am

DJM wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:

I was snowboarding mammoth last week during the day and watching West Wing at night. 2 seasons left and I'll probably finish it because school starts the Tuesday after MLK day.

DJM

Bronze

Post by DJM » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:42 am

fistfullofdollhairs wrote:
DJM wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:

I was snowboarding mammoth last week during the day and watching West Wing at night. 2 seasons left and I'll probably finish it because school starts the Tuesday after MLK day.
This powder makes me want to retire before my career starts.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Anyone else get your worst grade in law school this past semester?

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Post by foregetaboutdre » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Anyone else get your worst grade in law school this past semester?
yep...in a 2 credit class too

MurdockLLP

Bronze

Post by MurdockLLP » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 am

foregetaboutdre wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Anyone else get your worst grade in law school this past semester?
yep...in a 2 credit class too
This was actually my best semester in all of law school: 2 As and an A-. Nice to know I can run on autopilot and do well.

fistfullofdollhairs

New

Post by fistfullofdollhairs » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:25 pm

fistfullofdollhairs wrote:Finally done done. Physically and emotionally spent. It was tough getting back into the swing of studying for law exams after my two-year break from school :cry:

(B+) Practical skills course - whatever
(A-) Evidence - T/F and M/C. Spent a crazy amount of time frantically flipping through my notes (and my textbook :oops: ) and regretting my return to school. I'm still shocked I didn't get a B-.
(???) Clinic - Estimating a B+. My professor didn't particularly care for me.
(???) IP - Estimating a B. Totally phoned it in. Copy and pasted heavily from my outline and my analysis was shitwork at best.
Clinic (A-) 8)
IP (B) :|

Worst grade in the class I barely read for ... Deserved.

ETA: I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I decided to take 16 credits this fall. I dropped Corporations and signed up for Professional Responsibility after getting my B in IP. I need a break. I'll save Corporations for next fall.
Last edited by fistfullofdollhairs on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”