. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
haus

Gold

Re: Not the Sharpest 2L in the Shed

Post by haus » Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Where you going and what classes are you taking?
I am slated to go to London taking a class called "Comparative Criminal Law: From the Crime to the Courtroom".

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Tue May 09, 2017 10:37 pm

Can someone please bottle and overnight me their leftover motivation?
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Wed May 10, 2017 9:37 am

LoganCouture wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
LoganCouture wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:Does anyone else feel weird about being done with 2L? Like that went by so fast...
must be nice...
+1 Exam tomorrow and a paper looming after that. Done is not in my vocab for a bit. But please do lmk what it feels like. I enjoy mini day dreams while blinking.
LC, I'm sorry your finish is even further off!
good luck Minnie (and everyone else)! impatient to be done but on the other hand definitely not ready to have exams and papers upon me yet so glad I have some more time to prepare slack off before then
Being done feels extremely relieving but extremely stressful cause grades aren't for another month.

ETA: I keep finding holes in my clothes. The washers in my apartments are just destroying all my nice clothes :(

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Thu May 11, 2017 1:13 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Being done feels extremely relieving but extremely stressful cause grades aren't for another month.

ETA: I keep finding holes in my clothes. The washers in my apartments are just destroying all my nice clothes :(
So you have multiple apartments but don't take nice clothes to the dry cleaners? I have a solution for you.

Also, I forgot about the post-exam hangover that is waiting for grades. Why do we still care?
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:32 am

haus wrote:
I am slated to go to London taking a class called "Comparative Criminal Law: From the Crime to the Courtroom".

Well, be sure to parcel post your laptop to yourself unless you are okay with it in checked baggage.

Looks like I'm heading to Georgia afterall not Africa this summer so I have to connect in Doha. I was subject to the regs covering 10 Muslim airports including Doha but DHS is expected to expand carry on restrictions with all European Airports now.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
haus wrote:

Well, be sure to parcel post your laptop to yourself unless you are okay with it in checked baggage.

Looks like I'm heading to Georgia afterall not Africa this summer so I have to connect in Doha. I was subject to the regs covering 10 Muslim airports including Doha but DHS is expected to expand carry on restrictions with all European Airports now.
Ugh

This is going to be a real headache. I had planned on taking my work laptop as well, but I am not allowed to check it into luggage or ship it (not that I am thrilled about doing either with my personal system).

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Thu May 11, 2017 9:58 am

Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:

So you have multiple apartments but don't take nice clothes to the dry cleaners? I have a solution for you.

Also, I forgot about the post-exam hangover that is waiting for grades. Why do we still care?
I was real bad with plurals yesterday :lol: We care because we're all neurotic

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 11, 2017 10:32 am

Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:

You know I opened myaccess after my last exam yesterday just in case my first one had been posted

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:Does anyone else feel weird about being done with 2L? Like that went by so fast...
Nope. 2L was definitely much shittier than 1L. I mostly blame journal, but it was still pretty shitty. 1Ls don't know how good they have it - just gotta go to class and show up to a couple of things. Way chill.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Fri May 12, 2017 8:10 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:

You know I opened myaccess after my last exam yesterday just in case my first one had been posted
Neurosis level = 1L (But, were they posted? I better go check!)
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Fri May 12, 2017 9:22 am

Totally stopped giving a shit about grades. I always seem to get the same grade no matter how hard or how little I work. By this point I feel so locked into my class rank it's nearly mathematically impossible to move up or down based on past performance and future projection.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Fri May 12, 2017 9:23 am

unsweetened wrote:Totally stopped giving a shit about grades. I always seem to get the same grade no matter how hard or how little I work. By this point I feel so locked into my class rank it's nearly mathematically impossible to move up or down based on past performance and future projection.
But I will still freak out when they come out next month.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:08 am

4 down, just conflicts left on teusday.

How's everyone feeling?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sat May 13, 2017 12:26 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:4 down, just conflicts left on teusday.

How's everyone feeling?
I wrapped up a few days ago, it was a nice relief.

Work has been insane for the last several weeks. My last exam feel a day and a half after my mother-in-law had a large brain tumor removed (thankful this went well), and a day and a half after this exam, my eldest cat took a significant turn for the worse and sadly we had to euthanize him. I am feeling a bit.... worn out.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon May 15, 2017 5:34 pm

holy cow should i have been procrastinating less on this paper due tomorrow

*is procrastinating by being on TLS*

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Mon May 15, 2017 5:41 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:holy cow should i have been procrastinating less on this paper due tomorrow

Nah, you're fine. Watch Paper Towns with wiz et al. tonight.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Mon May 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:holy cow should i have been procrastinating less on this paper due tomorrow

Yeah. I did the whole "***CIte xyz" or "***Cite FIND SOURCE" shorthand for my footnotes. Going back and filling those is will be painful. However, I will probably watch something in a minute...

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon May 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:

Yeah. I did the whole "***CIte xyz" or "***Cite FIND SOURCE" shorthand for my footnotes. Going back and filling those is will be painful. However, I will probably watch something in a minute...
I filled out like 100 unfilled footnotes today it was unpleasant. We'll see whether all the actual text editing that I need to do can get done by the due time tomorrow

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Tue May 16, 2017 2:05 pm

sounds like journal related stuff. I can say without a doubt, journal was probably the hardest, least-fun thing I did as a 2L

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Done, fucking done!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Tue May 16, 2017 3:38 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Done, fucking done!
me too, just submitted my last paper, thank god

not starting work 'till monday, really excited about doing fuck-all for a few days

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 am

How often do leather soles usually last? I've had AEs a little over a year now, wore them daily last summer, 1-2 times a week since, and now there's a hole in the cork under my big toe.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 am

These have always been my goto dress shoe ever since having a pair as a deputy. The soles won't wear out in these for just walking a year.

http://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/high ... 5023396852

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Thu May 18, 2017 10:30 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:How often do leather soles usually last? I've had AEs a little over a year now, wore them daily last summer, 1-2 times a week since, and now there's a hole in the cork under my big toe.
They should last longer. I wear Cole Haan, which is generally thought of as a poor man's AE (but their last for certain shoes is a better shape for me). My shoes from the 90s lasted a decade and a half and I only replaced them because I outgrew them. I did get one dud pair from them recently, but even it lasted 3 years.

But from what I understand about AE, they'll fix it if they're that young (hell, I had a boot company do comp repairs on cowboy boots that were 8+ years old as a goodwill gesture). Email their customer service and tell them what happened and how disappointing it is to you and how you bought AE for their reputation.
RCSOB657 wrote:These have always been my goto dress shoe ever since having a pair as a deputy. The soles won't wear out in these for just walking a year.

http://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/high ... 5023396852
You do you, I guess.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”