. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
mgschiet

New

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Post by mgschiet » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:47 am

My last day of work was a month ago yesterday...but I'm still getting a paycheck (thanks that wonderful unused vacation time). Funemployment is amazing.

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:51 am

20 (work)days left here, including today. :x

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:39 pm

mujiali wrote:20 (work)days left here, including today. :x
Be happy: that ticker is going down another day thanks to today.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Dentist just told me I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. Gonna have to jump on it before I quit work July 31 cuz my law school plan doesn't include dental :cry:

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:05 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Dentist just told me I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. Gonna have to jump on it before I quit work July 31 cuz my law school plan doesn't include dental :cry:
Think of it as more paid days off :lol:.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:33 pm

My boss asked me "What's your exit strategy?" in a meeting with half the department. I responded with "Run as fast as I can." :mrgreen:
3 days left to go. The amount of work being assigned to me is now pretty minimal, only a couple of creative briefs per week.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Just got this news. Not sad it was anticipated

At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

So does this mean some Offers for seats get withdrawn since they are oversold? Or it that just nice WL talk to soften the blow?

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:01 pm

storpappa wrote:Just got this news. Not sad it was anticipated

At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

So does this mean some Offers for seats get withdrawn since they are oversold? Or it that just nice WL talk to soften the blow?
that sounds positively brutal. reads like offers for seats get withdrawn.

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 pm

unsweetened wrote:

that sounds positively brutal. sounds like offers for seats get withdrawn.
What?? The fact that a school can reject a student after already accepting them and accepting a deposit is absurd. Even if they refund the deposit, that will completely change that person's life plan for at least a year. There's no way a school is doing that...I hope it's nice WL talk for the sake of those that have put in deposits

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:

What?? The fact that a school can reject a student after already accepting them and accepting a deposit is absurd. Even if they refund the deposit, that will completely change that person's life plan for at least a year. There's no way a school is doing that...I hope it's nice WL talk for the sake of those that have put in deposits
I highly doubt this means offers made will get withdrawn. Rather, they will provide incentives to admitted students to defer, e.g. by offering them a scholarship raise or some such.

ETA: but what it most certainly means is that with respect to this school, you're shit out of luck, storpappa.

smile0751

Bronze

Post by smile0751 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Can you share the school?

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:47 pm

smile0751 wrote:

Can you share the school?
ND does this.

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:58 am

Hand wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:

I highly doubt this means offers made will get withdrawn. Rather, they will provide incentives to admitted students to defer, e.g. by offering them a scholarship raise or some such.
Oh phew that is much more reasonable

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:11 am

That still sounds rough though. :\

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:37 am

I have 6 more working days after today. I applied for a library job working 10 hours per week in the law library... is that going to be killing me or not too bad?

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:47 am

KDgirl wrote:I have 6 more working days after today. I applied for a library job working 10 hours per week in the law library... is that going to be killing me or not too bad?
Does your school have a policy prohibiting 1L's from working in its Code of Conduct agreement?

EDIT - separate from the prior ABA 304(f) or as part of a merit award

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Today is my last full day at work.
Surprisingly, I'm still getting new tasks to complete. The DGAF is strong today, very strong.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:03 pm

unsweetened wrote:Today is my last full day at work.
Surprisingly, I'm still getting new tasks to complete. The DGAF is strong today, very strong.
GRATS! Enjoy the going away party and cake. Just remember that those people may slip and fall one day or develop mesothelioma and call you.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Unsweetened - love your tar.

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:34 pm

storpappa wrote:
KDgirl wrote:I have 6 more working days after today. I applied for a library job working 10 hours per week in the law library... is that going to be killing me or not too bad?
Does your school have a policy prohibiting 1L's from working in its Code of Conduct agreement?

EDIT - separate from the prior ABA 304(f) or as part of a merit award

They do have a policy, but it allows up to 10 hours working in law library and no more and no where else.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Awesome if you can get it. Could also help with networking

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:05 pm

KMart wrote:Unsweetened - love your tar.
Danke 8)

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:07 pm

storpappa wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Today is my last full day at work.
GRATS! Enjoy the going away party and cake. Just remember that those people may slip and fall one day or develop mesothelioma and call you.
It'll be a going away pizza party. I'm greatly looking forward to representing my former coworkers with their obesity related disability claims.

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:25 pm

storpappa wrote:Awesome if you can get it. Could also help with networking

That's true. It pays around $12 per hour so it would be helping me a lot by giving me $400 extra per month. I just hope it doesn't interfere too much with 1L studying because it isn't a work study position.

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:53 pm

I'll be training the new hire that is going to replace for the next week.... I will no longer be able to come to work lazy and only play on the computer because I have to actively do stuff. :roll:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”