Duke Law c/o 2018 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
nosocat

Bronze

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Post by nosocat » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:12 pm

I got my t-shirt yesterday (yay!) but still waiting on scholarship info.

meachum

New

Post by meachum » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:08 am

I've never heard of this happening at any other schools, but according to the Admitted Students website the March Open House is 'at capacity.' Looks like those of us that haven't already RSVP'd will have to do an individual visit.

idissent

Bronze

Post by idissent » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Just read through the email with Open House details. Getting excited!

Brady199

Bronze

Post by Brady199 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:09 am

Jealous

Redynsje

New

Post by Redynsje » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Has anyone received scholarship info lately? If so, when did you interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Redynsje wrote:Has anyone received scholarship info lately? If so, when did you interview?
Got my scholly info last week. Interviewed liiike 1st of 2nd week of february iirc

It was a wait

Redynsje

New

Post by Redynsje » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Oh man. I interviewed the first week in March so it looks like I may still have a while to wait.

Kip

New

Post by Kip » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Posted this in the main thread by mistake, but reposting here:

Has anyone approached Duke yet about increasing his/her scholarship, or know how Duke generally responds to such requests (i.e., whether they'll entertain matching similarly ranked schools)?

wonka

Bronze

Post by wonka » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Scholarship decision mailed 3/20! :shock:

My interview was 3/5 - it seems like they're picking up the pace!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wonka

Bronze

Post by wonka » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:39 pm

AND the t-shirt came today! It's giant.

Comma.Split

Bronze

Post by Comma.Split » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:45 pm

mwonka wrote:Scholarship decision mailed 3/20! :shock:

My interview was 3/5 - it seems like they're picking up the pace!

+1!!! I am going to tip my mailman generously if he delivers the letter today!

Edit: Interview 3/9

radio1nowhere

Bronze

Post by radio1nowhere » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Scholly decision mailed 3/20!!! :D Andddddd I'm away on spring break and won't be back until the weekend. :cry:

EDIT: interviewed 3/10. Not a bad turnaround!

Redynsje

New

Post by Redynsje » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Ah! The mail is usually here by now but we had 7 inches of snow last night and they must be running behind! Come on USPS! Don't fail me now!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mgschiet

New

Post by mgschiet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:11 pm

For those of you who received your scholarship information already, did you also receive any sort of letter/email/other correspondence that says "admitted" (as opposed to "provisionally admitted")? That probably seems like a silly question, but it's important for my current situation.

slurpy

New

Post by slurpy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:18 pm

mgschiet wrote:For those of you who received your scholarship information already, did you also receive any sort of letter/email/other correspondence that says "admitted" (as opposed to "provisionally admitted")? That probably seems like a silly question, but it's important for my current situation.
The first line of my scholarship letter says something like, "I am pleased to confirm your admission to Duke Law and to offer you a scholarship in the amount of..."

hannahp38

New

Post by hannahp38 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:26 pm

meachum wrote:I've never heard of this happening at any other schools, but according to the Admitted Students website the March Open House is 'at capacity.' Looks like those of us that haven't already RSVP'd will have to do an individual visit.
For anyone else worried about this, you can still RSVP. I emailed them and got this response:
Thank you so much for your interest in attending our Open House this weekend! We have reached capacity for the program but realizing that you may have made travel arrangements prior to registering, we would like to extend the invitation for you to attend the program. There are a couple of things that we would like for you to do to help us make this possible. First, we will need you to be in our overflow room for the opening 2 sessions. You will be directed to this room during the registration process. Secondly, at the luncheon in Cameron Indoor Stadium, please see me at the registration table for your seating.

Please do not worry that you will not have a full experience! You will have the same access and opportunity to our wonderful students, faculty and staff and we look forward to having you. You will need to register by tomorrow at noon so that we can prepare for your arrival.

mgschiet

New

Post by mgschiet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:27 pm

slurpy wrote:
mgschiet wrote:For those of you who received your scholarship information already, did you also receive any sort of letter/email/other correspondence that says "admitted" (as opposed to "provisionally admitted")? That probably seems like a silly question, but it's important for my current situation.
The first line of my scholarship letter says something like, "I am pleased to confirm your admission to Duke Law and to offer you a scholarship in the amount of..."
Fantastic. Thank you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wonka

Bronze

Post by wonka » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:33 pm

My scholarship info hasn't technically arrived yet, but there's a "welcome to Duke Law" letter included in the t-shirt package.

mgschiet

New

Post by mgschiet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:09 pm

mwonka wrote:
My scholarship info hasn't technically arrived yet, but there's a "welcome to Duke Law" letter included in the t-shirt package.
That might work. I'm in the military, and the end of my enlistment is August 28th. I need to be off active duty before the first day of classes (August 24th), or I'll be on the hook for roughly $7k. With a letter that confirms my unconditional admission, I can move the end of my contract earlier. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to wait a couple weeks. No big deal.

Thanks!

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 pm

It seems to me like there's a common split this year between full ride and 30k/yr. Has anyone gotten a first offer between those two points?

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:19 pm

NoLieAbility wrote:It seems to me like there's a common split this year between full ride and 30k/yr. Has anyone gotten a first offer between those two points?
There appear to be quite a few on lsn

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

idissent

Bronze

Post by idissent » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:19 pm

mgschiet wrote:
mwonka wrote:
That might work. I'm in the military, and the end of my enlistment is August 28th. I need to be off active duty before the first day of classes (August 24th), or I'll be on the hook for roughly $7k. With a letter that confirms my unconditional admission, I can move the end of my contract earlier. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to wait a couple weeks. No big deal.

Thanks!
Have you gotten in touch with the admissions office? I imagine that they've dealt with something like that before and can get you an official letter.

LoganCouture

Gold

Post by LoganCouture » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:22 pm

NoLieAbility wrote:It seems to me like there's a common split this year between full ride and 30k/yr. Has anyone gotten a first offer between those two points?
I got 35K/year.

You can see more here (including some 38-40K/year awards): http://duke.lawschoolnumbers.com/applic ... cholarship

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:45 pm

lc39 wrote:
I got 35K/year.

You can see more here (including some 38-40K/year awards): http://duke.lawschoolnumbers.com/applic ... cholarship
I got in between those, too. I'm on LSN but under a different handle.

mgschiet

New

Post by mgschiet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:59 pm

idissent wrote:
mgschiet wrote:
mwonka wrote:

Thanks!
Have you gotten in touch with the admissions office? I imagine that they've dealt with something like that before and can get you an official letter.
No, I haven't. I decided to check here first to see if I could get an answer. I should get my scholarship letter within the next couple weeks, and things will be able to move from there. I wouldn't be able to start the whole process until next week anyway.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”