University of Illinois Class of 2018 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Which open house will you attend?

Friday, March 20
43%
Friday, April 3
27%
Undecided
No votes
Not attending an open house
30%

Total votes: 30

AlwaysLurking

New

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2018

Post by AlwaysLurking » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Just got denied at my last reach school. I already deposited, but now it's 100% that I'll be attending here

happyendings

New

Post by happyendings » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:29 pm

did people get their online ID information in their emails or acceptance folder?

AlwaysLurking

New

Post by AlwaysLurking » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:43 am

happyendings wrote:did people get their online ID information in their emails or acceptance folder?
Email

rayag92

New

Post by rayag92 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:25 am

Checking in...

So I've already paid my deposit for Illinois!

BUT, I just got accepted to Wisconsin..

Umm what are everyone's thoughts?

Unsure what to do! :(

j907

New

Post by j907 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:47 am

Visiting the campus today; already made the deposit. Anyone else in the area?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 am

rayag92 wrote:Checking in...

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I just got accepted to the University of Arizona with a full tuition and fees scholarship, so I am a bit conflicted. Plus one of my best friends live in Tucson haha

Ms4life

New

Post by Ms4life » Fri May 01, 2015 2:27 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I just got accepted to the University of Arizona with a full tuition and fees scholarship, so I am a bit conflicted. Plus one of my best friends live in Tucson haha
What do you want to do/where do you want to live?

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Fri May 01, 2015 4:00 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:
rayag92 wrote:
So I've alre posit for Illinois!

What do you want to do/where do you want to live?[/quote]

I am pretty open on location. As for what I want to do I am also pretty open, and hope to find something that really jumps out at me while in school. I have a background as a business owner, so business/Transaction law seems possible. However, I am not big law or bust I would be fine with public sector or prosecution. I would prefer to live in the Chicago area, but I actually have better connections in Arizona.

Edit: Just realized you may have been talking to Rayag92. My bad!

happyendings

New

Post by happyendings » Fri May 01, 2015 7:53 pm

has anyone tried to negotiate with illinois to cover fees?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AlwaysLurking

New

Post by AlwaysLurking » Sat May 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Illinois hands down if you want Chicago. Only go to Wisconsin if you want to work in Madison or Milwaukee. It totally runs the state, but you need grades to make it even remotely portable. If you're indifferent, Madison is a freaking awesome city.

AlwaysLurking

New

Post by AlwaysLurking » Sat May 02, 2015 4:54 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:
WichitaShocker wrote:
rayag92 wrote:
So I've alre posit for Illinois!

What do you want to do/where do you want to live?
I made a similar choice and turned down both Arizona and Wisconsin with connections in both states.

Edit: I'm from Illinois originally

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Thu May 14, 2015 10:42 pm

It is official, I will be attending next year.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri May 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Withdrew, best of luck to anyone attending.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AlwaysLurking

New

Post by AlwaysLurking » Sat May 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Does everyone know where they're living?

Poll for "village, armory, or elsewhere"?

crunchy

New

Post by crunchy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:47 am

Can someone please clarify the parking situation for me? When I visited the campus in June, I drove by Assembly Hall and saw the big parking lots surrounding it but I wasn't sure where the free lot is in relation to the dome. When I was talking to the dean of admissions, she said that the cheapest nearby lot is E14 ($127/year) which is a shuttle lot west of Assembly Hall and that she didn't know of any free parking nearby. Is the free parking lot you guys were talking about no longer available? If it is still available, can anyone show me where it is on the parking map? I don't want to buy a permit for E14 if the free lot is still there, but I have to figure out what I'm doing soon. Thanks!

http://www.parking.illinois.edu/visitor ... arking-map

PublicInterest2018

New

Post by PublicInterest2018 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:17 am

I don't think there is free parking nearby. For ASW we were given one day passes to park 'free'.

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:21 am

crunchy wrote:Can someone please clarify the parking situation for me? When I visited the campus in June, I drove by Assembly Hall and saw the big parking lots surrounding it but I wasn't sure where the free lot is in relation to the dome. When I was talking to the dean of admissions, she said that the cheapest nearby lot is E14 ($127/year) which is a shuttle lot west of Assembly Hall and that she didn't know of any free parking nearby. Is the free parking lot you guys were talking about no longer available? If it is still available, can anyone show me where it is on the parking map? I don't want to buy a permit for E14 if the free lot is still there, but I have to figure out what I'm doing soon. Thanks!

Assembly Hall has been under construction for the better part of a year. Because of that, parking enforcement hasn't really been checking the part of the lot off 4th St. I have heard rumblings second-hand that the lack of enforcement won't last forever, but I'm not certain. E-14 is on the east side of 1st St across from the stadium. It's about a 10-15 walk that sucks during the winter, but it's not terrible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Psy123

New

Post by Psy123 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:24 am

crunchy wrote:Can someone please clarify the parking situation for me? When I visited the campus in June, I drove by Assembly Hall and saw the big parking lots surrounding it but I wasn't sure where the free lot is in relation to the dome. When I was talking to the dean of admissions, she said that the cheapest nearby lot is E14 ($127/year) which is a shuttle lot west of Assembly Hall and that she didn't know of any free parking nearby. Is the free parking lot you guys were talking about no longer available? If it is still available, can anyone show me where it is on the parking map? I don't want to buy a permit for E14 if the free lot is still there, but I have to figure out what I'm doing soon. Thanks!

If it is still like last year, the entire light blue area around the Basketball stadium was free, and that is where many people parked. Its about a 1-2 block walk to the law building from there and isnt bad. Im not sure if this is changing for this year or not, it may have been due to the construction they are doing in that area.

I live at the village so parking was usually not something I dealt with, but i have used that lot as well as the one in red across the street which you can use the paybyphone app.

crunchy

New

Post by crunchy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:42 am

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
Assembly Hall has been under construction for the better part of a year. Because of that, parking enforcement hasn't really been checking the part of the lot off 4th St. I have heard rumblings second-hand that the lack of enforcement won't last forever, but I'm not certain. E-14 is on the east side of 1st St across from the stadium. It's about a 10-15 walk that sucks during the winter, but it's not terrible.
Psy123 wrote:
If it is still like last year, the entire light blue area around the Basketball stadium was free, and that is where many people parked. Its about a 1-2 block walk to the law building from there and isnt bad. Im not sure if this is changing for this year or not, it may have been due to the construction they are doing in that area.

I live at the village so parking was usually not something I dealt with, but i have used that lot as well as the one in red across the street which you can use the paybyphone app.
Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna take my chances and hope that they aren't enforcing parking in that lot. If they do start enforcing it, is it possible to buy a permit for E14 after the semester starts or are you just out of luck if you don't get it at the beginning of the year?

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 am

crunchy wrote:
Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
Psy123 wrote:

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna take my chances and hope that they aren't enforcing parking in that lot. If they do start enforcing it, is it possible to buy a permit for E14 after the semester starts or are you just out of luck if you don't get it at the beginning of the year?
As far as I know, as long as permits are still available for a particular lot, you can still purchase one.

diesel50

New

Post by diesel50 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:39 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:

Unless it's your best school by far, and unless you are ok with a high chance of no job prospects other than shitlaw/ nowhwere'sville

DO NOT go to WI

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nodbugger

New

Post by Nodbugger » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:30 am

Anyone here a transfer? Looking at transferring and finding what stats others that have gotten in with hasn't turned up much.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”