. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
usn26

Silver

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018 - Section Assignments now on ASW

Post by usn26 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:29 am

Hand wrote:
navykev wrote:Got a question - so I am looking at my tuition bill and my scholarship isn't deducted from the tuition yet. Is this the norm - or are scholarships showing up as deducted from anyone else's tuition bill?
Same problem here
I'm just waiting for Gray to figure it out, then I'll copy her homework.

spencermcmanus

New

Post by spencermcmanus » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:51 pm

usn26 wrote:
Hand wrote:
navykev wrote:Got a question - so I am looking at my tuition bill and my scholarship isn't deducted from the tuition yet. Is this the norm - or are scholarships showing up as deducted from anyone else's tuition bill?
Same problem here
I emailed them. Their office is closed today, so I'll expect to hear back on Monday.

Manifest

New

Post by Manifest » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:17 am

Can somebody help me out with the "Requested Loan Period Start/End Dates" I need to select when completing the FSA counseling and other steps?

Also....Section 4.

Are the subsections randomly assigned? It looks like our Contracts class will either be M/W 9:00-11:00 or T/R 3:30-5:30. I'd much rather have the early one and I'm sure many others have a strong preference for one or the other. Is it possible to submit a request?

EzraFitz

Silver

Post by EzraFitz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Manifest wrote:Can somebody help me out with the "Requested Loan Period Start/End Dates" I need to select when completing the FSA counseling and other steps?

Also....Section 4.

Are the subsections randomly assigned? It looks like our Contracts class will either be M/W 9:00-11:00 or T/R 3:30-5:30. I'd much rather have the early one and I'm sure many others have a strong preference for one or the other. Is it possible to submit a request?
You can try to email the registrar, but as far as I know, no one in my section successfully requested which smaller section they wanted.

enjoyddyy

New

Post by enjoyddyy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi, I'm a 3L at Georgetown and I'm looking to sublease my DC 1 bedroom apartment (within walking distance to the law campus) from August 10 to 29. If any of you is interested in arriving in DC a few weeks earlier, check out this link: https://www.roamer.io/en/listings/69058 ... on-station. Thanks and welcome to Georgetown Law!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:30 am

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:03 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:07 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
enjoyddyy wrote:Hi, I'm a 3L at Georgetown and I'm looking to sublease my DC 1 bedroom apartment (within walking distance to the law campus) from August 10 to 29. If any of you is interested in arriving in DC a few weeks earlier, check out this link: https://www.roamer.io/en/listings/69058 ... on-station. Thanks and welcome to Georgetown Law!
Why would anyone want an 18 day lease
To bridge the 18 days till their fresh lease starts? I'm mostly interested in whether this "1-bedroom" is in fact part of someone else's living room. Also interested in whether clicking on a link to an .io website will lead to being infected with something that will eat my computer.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:09 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
enjoyddyy wrote:Hi, I'm a 3L at Georgetown and I'm looking to sublease my DC 1 bedroom apartment (within walking distance to the law campus) from August 10 to 29. If any of you is interested in arriving in DC a few weeks earlier, check out this link: https://www.roamer.io/en/listings/69058 ... on-station. Thanks and welcome to Georgetown Law!
To bridge the 18 days till their fresh lease starts? I'm mostly interested in whether this "1-bedroom" is in fact part of someone else's living room. Also interested in whether clicking on a link to an .io website will lead to being infected with something that will eat my computer.
It's a very secluded air mattress with a great heat source since it's right next to the oven
I've always wanted to rent out part of someone's kitchen

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:17 am

Post removed.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:27 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote: It's a very secluded air mattress with a great heat source since it's right next to the oven
I've always wanted to rent out part of someone's kitchen
Jokes on you then because it's actually an efficiency and still the bedroom you'll be sharing with 8 people that will be $1800/mo please
I dunno that sounds like a good recipe for regular group sex plus I bet this place has ~*~fabulous amenities~*~

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:10 pm

spencermcmanus wrote:
usn26 wrote:
Hand wrote:
Same problem here
I emailed them. Their office is closed today, so I'll expect to hear back on Monday.
On a more serious note, have you heard anything yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

spencermcmanus

New

Post by spencermcmanus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Hand wrote:
spencermcmanus wrote:
usn26 wrote:
Hand wrote:
Same problem here
Sadly haven't heard anything back yet. I bet they're inundated with emails. I'll post when I hear!

spencermcmanus

New

Post by spencermcmanus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Hand wrote:
spencermcmanus wrote:
usn26 wrote:
Hand wrote:
Same problem here
From Admissions: "There was an error in the billing process, and some scholarship funds were not applied to students’ tuition bills. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

The bills have been corrected and should display accurately by the end of the day tomorrow, if not today."

Excellent!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 pm

spencermcmanus wrote:
Hand wrote:
spencermcmanus wrote:
usn26 wrote:
Hand wrote:
Same problem here
From Admissions: "There was an error in the billing process, and some scholarship funds were not applied to students’ tuition bills. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

The bills have been corrected and should display accurately by the end of the day tomorrow, if not today."

Excellent!
thanks for sharing!

Picosaurus

New

Post by Picosaurus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:34 am

Post Removed.
Last edited by Picosaurus on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

supersplittysplitter

Bronze

Post by supersplittysplitter » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Anyone know how long it takes for health insurance to get waived? I filled out the survey a few days ago but it's still showing up on my bill :/

navykev

Bronze

Post by navykev » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:00 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:Anyone know how long it takes for health insurance to get waived? I filled out the survey a few days ago but it's still showing up on my bill :/
I just dropped an email to the financial people - I'll let you know what they say.

Picosaurus

New

Post by Picosaurus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:38 am

Post Removed.
Last edited by Picosaurus on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Triangle

New

Post by Triangle » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:02 pm

navykev wrote:
supersplittysplitter wrote:Anyone know how long it takes for health insurance to get waived? I filled out the survey a few days ago but it's still showing up on my bill :/
I just dropped an email to the financial people - I'll let you know what they say.
I was told up to 5 business days - hope that helps!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

navykev

Bronze

Post by navykev » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:20 am

Health insurance was subtracted from my bill when I checked this morning. Think I completed the waiver on the 7th.

enjoyddyy

New

Post by enjoyddyy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hi, just for clarification: 1) if you take a closer look at the listing, you'll see there are more than 10 pictures showing the whole apartment including the kitchen, the living room, the bedroom, and the bathroom. So to answer your question, no, this "1-bedroom" is not part of someone else's living room, as I made clear in the listing that the room type is "entire apartment." 2) The website (roamer.io) was in fact started by two georgetown law students in response to law students' summer sublet needs. It has gone quite popular among law students and I have been clicking on it dozens of times. That's my long way of saying if your computer gets infected, I doubt it would be because of this website. 3) you are absolutely right. I posted it here because I thought someone might want to move to DC before they can move into Gewirz (the dorm).

kray

Bronze

Post by kray » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Does anyone know how and when we'll get more info on work study / be able to look and apply for jobs? I tried signing into Symplicity but my credentials didn't work.

navykev

Bronze

Post by navykev » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Figured I'd share some info about getting your GoCard done so it's waiting for you at orientation.

You need a passport type photo showing your head and shoulders against a white or blue background. I took my photo with my cell against a white door and they accepted it. Email the picture to gocard@law.georgetown.edu along with your GUID number (that will be your GoCard number as well).

I sent mine to them this morning and got this email in the afternoon. "Your GOCard has been produced and will be ready for pick up during the week of orientation."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”